[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Hi guys,

I am fairly new POE player just started last league. I was playing through the lets play serires with this guide and decided to switch to freezing pulse totems after finishing campaign.

I noticed from transitioning from holy flame totem to freezing pulse my dps significantly/survivability decreased and I really cant kill mobs fast as with holy flame totem. I have very beginning gear but any guideance on how/what to upgrade next would be helpful. I am only level 73 currently with 50chaos around.

The build just feels so squishy, randomly dies like once per map in juiced t16, I am going to respec to archmage now.... If anyone wants gear
"
rahuls wrote:
Hi guys,

I am fairly new POE player just started last league. I was playing through the lets play serires with this guide and decided to switch to freezing pulse totems after finishing campaign.

I noticed from transitioning from holy flame totem to freezing pulse my dps significantly/survivability decreased and I really cant kill mobs fast as with holy flame totem. I have very beginning gear but any guideance on how/what to upgrade next would be helpful. I am only level 73 currently with 50chaos around.

You're using a lvl 15 Freezing pulse when you should be using lvl 20 (it only costs 3c). That alone is a MASSIVE dps boost. Also make sure you respec'd out of Avatar of Fire on the tree.
Its really worth the "Multiple Totems Support"? It cuts my dps in half.
"
sSs1897 wrote:
The build just feels so squishy, randomly dies like once per map in juiced t16, I am going to respec to archmage now.... If anyone wants gear

Well, your gear isn't really good enough for juiced T16s. e.g. you have seven and two half damage mods on your weapons. Your links are wrong in several places. You aren't actually running freezing pulse. Your anoint is wrong and the amulet should be at least pandemonius.
Last edited by NoImagination on Apr 24, 2021, 12:38:34 AM
"
yissus wrote:

There's legitimate debate about whether it should be the 5th or 6th link, but it really isn't cutting your DPS in half. By casting two at once, you're outputting double the damage in the same amount of time because we recast totems, move, recast totems, move, all the time. Also, going from 4 to 6 totems is pretty nice.
Last edited by NoImagination on Apr 24, 2021, 12:40:27 AM
"
NoImagination wrote:
"
sSs1897 wrote:

Well, your gear isn't really good enough for juiced T16s. e.g. you have seven and two half damage mods on your weapons. Your links are wrong in several places. You aren't actually running freezing pulse. Your anoint is wrong and the amulet should be at least pandemonius.

The wise forumer told the forbidden wisdom that increasing damage by 30% can prevent oneshots
What's the best way of going about crafting the magic ring? What ilvl do you need on the vermillion ring? Just alt/regal spam?
Depends what you want on it. For me, I'd like life + lightning resist, which requires ilvl84. From pure alt spam, it'd take ~6k tries on average.

So instead, I'll life catalyst it, alt spam til I hit one of them, annul and hope, then aug and hope. It'll take a while, but it'll also take way less than 6k alts to get there.

Also, don't regal it. It needs to be magic.

"
sSs1897 wrote:
The wise forumer told the forbidden wisdom that increasing damage by 30% can prevent oneshots

Hard to say if you're referring to me or to yourself. But you want to run juiced T16 maps with this build, and I am running juiced T16 maps with this build, so my advice is probably sound.
Last edited by NoImagination on Apr 24, 2021, 1:04:59 AM
"
NoImagination wrote:
"
yissus wrote:

There's legitimate debate about whether it should be the 5th or 6th link, but it really isn't cutting your DPS in half. By casting two at once, you're outputting double the damage in the same amount of time because we recast totems, move, recast totems, move, all the time. Also, going from 4 to 6 totems is pretty nice.

NoImagination whats your "spell critical chance" of your totems in your offence tab?. I have 36.3%. Its fine? or how much do you need for endgame?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info