[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Struzor wrote:
Hey NoImagination. Thanks for being so active in this thread. Would you mind checking me out and suggesting next obvious upgrade? I have a few Ex to spend. I was thinking a Medium Cluster, but when I drop the one Wall recommends into PoB I actually lose dps due to the talents I give up. I made sure to enable Shocked in PoB.

21 freezing pulse, attribute quality on belt, quality on amulet for whatever you need most.

I think of cluster jewels more as a package - it should be that two mediums and a large are more efficient than the same number of your least effective tree nodes when you're in the 90s. But in any case, you should get a Watcher's Eye, one mod ones (like mine) are pretty cheap.

Your weapons should be quite easy to improve. Try this to get a weighted search in trade: https://github.com/VolatilePulse/PoB-Item-Tester

Then you'll probably want to get into awakened gems.
Last edited by NoImagination on Apr 24, 2021, 3:13:00 PM
We are using Frostbite and Sniper's Mark without having (or at least I can't see) any source of additional curse. How does it work?
"
Witnes wrote:
We are using Frostbite and Sniper's Mark without having (or at least I can't see) any source of additional curse. How does it work?
Frostbite to proc arcane surge and general use, snipers mark on bosses with frostbite to keep surge up.

So no, we don't use both at once - you aren't missing anything
Last edited by JaikonX on Apr 24, 2021, 4:10:21 PM
There a 'best way' to go about crafting that first medium jewel? I have seen some on auction from anywhere between 40c and 2ex with varying degrees of value to the small passives, so thought I would see if it was better trying to make my own.
Hey there! First off love the guide and build so far.

Is there a good time to swap to freezing pulse? I hit 50 and made the swap since I had the required items, but noticed my Freeze Pulse damage is significantly lower than it was with Holy Flame.

I also don't play much but I noticed wands with %Cold Damage or what not don't seem to change the Damage on Freezepulse at least in tooltip. Maybe I am missing something, I am struggling a lot more after the swap so far
"
Elyndrys wrote:

Is there a good time to swap to freezing pulse? I hit 50 and made the swap since I had the required items, but noticed my Freeze Pulse damage is significantly lower than it was with Holy Flame.

I also don't play much but I noticed wands with %Cold Damage or what not don't seem to change the Damage on Freezepulse at least in tooltip. Maybe I am missing something, I am struggling a lot more after the swap so far

Respecc out of Avatar of Fire ;)
"
Lost_Legend wrote:
"
Elyndrys wrote:

Respecc out of Avatar of Fire ;)

Oh trust me I did that lmao, I am not that bad
Figured I should post my low end progress from mostly ultimatum ssf gear

Beating up maps still, so far, and even a lot of ultimatums
Can't wait til it's actually got good gear to see that huge dps boost

"
NoImagination wrote:
"
Struzor wrote:
Hey NoImagination. Thanks for being so active in this thread. Would you mind checking me out and suggesting next obvious upgrade? I have a few Ex to spend. I was thinking a Medium Cluster, but when I drop the one Wall recommends into PoB I actually lose dps due to the talents I give up. I made sure to enable Shocked in PoB.

21 freezing pulse, attribute quality on belt, quality on amulet for whatever you need most.

I think of cluster jewels more as a package - it should be that two mediums and a large are more efficient than the same number of your least effective tree nodes when you're in the 90s. But in any case, you should get a Watcher's Eye, one mod ones (like mine) are pretty cheap.

Your weapons should be quite easy to improve. Try this to get a weighted search in trade: https://github.com/VolatilePulse/PoB-Item-Tester

Then you'll probably want to get into awakened gems.

Thanks so much!
Howdy!

Any idea what's the next upgrade to go for?

I'm running FP damage on helmet enchant at the moment. Is this a separate multiplier from the rest of the "increased damage" sources? I thought this would be better than going for more projectile speed, since I'm stacking some from gloves and cluster jewels.

On the topic of cluster jewels, it feels like Sleepless Sentries is mandatory for the cast speed and move speed from onslaught. I've plonked a projectile medium cluster jewel with the ghetto "point blank" notable and it seems to work really well for bossing.

The Penetration enchant on boots is so danged juicy, but I find that a permanent 70% increased Mana Regen helps to keep us topped up so MOM is at its full effectiveness all the time. This is especially since I'm thinking of swapping Clear Mind off next for a Crit Multi jewel, so there's going to be even less Mana Regen available. Thoughts?

While we're talking about Mana Regen, I'm running an Enduring flask to keep up Shock immunity all the time. The mana regen itself is slow, but sufficient to run 0 regen maps, so it seems to work. Is there a better way to work the flasks? Given how we're hurting from low chaos res, how much is Atziri's worth?

Is there a way to work Elemental Equilibrium into the build as well? Maybe by pairing a big AOE skill with Arcanist Brand?

(PS: Is there a way to spawn the Trialmaster or is it pure RNG? I've been trying to string full completions to "frustrate" him but no luck so far.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info