[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Re: ice spear - lots of people try it, but nobody seems to keep it. It makes sense to use for boss killing before you have the DPS I guess.

Re: ice nova - don't you lack the AOE for it to work well?

Re: astonishing affliction + cold conduction - it's almost certainly best to save up and buy one. Remember that it's OK to have a 5 passive medium jewel, it is just as efficient as a 4.
What mods of ultimatums you dont have to choose to no truin the build? or what mods doesnt affect us?
Hello there,

I'm using your current build, but changed now to freezing pulse once i got tabula and wondering if im missing something, monsters takes time to die and idk if im doing something wrong, i've capped all res but idk what's wrong.
"
Carcelero wrote:
I'm using your current build, but changed now to freezing pulse once i got tabula and wondering if im missing something, monsters takes time to die and idk if im doing something wrong, i've capped all res but idk what's wrong.

You still have avatar of fire.
Hey NoImagination. Question for you. The medium cluster in the build, and ailment effects in general, don’t always end up in the dps section of PoB. How do we determine effectiveness? Also the medium gem from this guide is expensive, probably because it’s in this guide. Any ideas on alternatives?
How can we get ailment immunity or stun immunity?
"
Wallach wrote:
"
RenTed wrote:
Does Combustion Support really work on Flame Wall?

I dont see the mini icon of this support gem on the Flame Wall spell icon when they are linked.

Also, adding and removing the support gems does not change any stats/damage for Flame Wall in the Character screen and in the spell tool-tips.

No it doesn't - I think when I fixed this error in the leveling tips section I only did so for Act 1. The third link you want for Flame Wall is just Increased Duration. I'll double check and fix any remaining errors in those links.

I've been using an Efficacy Support for now. I will switch to Increased Duration once i unlock it in Act 3. Thanks!
"
GoDLikUS wrote:
Great build overall, having a great fun in ultimatum league with it.

What's the best way to craft medium cluster with "Astonishing Affliction" and "Cold Conduction"?

I threw every chaos spam craft from harvest to the jewel till i got it basically
Is Taryn's Shiver not a good option for this build? Another 6L could be nice.
Last edited by Recla on Apr 23, 2021, 9:26:03 PM
"
Struzor wrote:
Question for you. The medium cluster in the build, and ailment effects in general, don’t always end up in the dps section of PoB. How do we determine effectiveness?

There are a lot of hacks you can make in POB, but my general aim is to ignore it, and go with what Wallach suggests where possible. This is partly why I like hideout DPS as a measure too - it's the same for us all, regardless of forcing mods on items in POB or checking settings between ourselves.

"
Struzor wrote:
Also the medium gem from this guide is expensive, probably because it’s in this guide. Any ideas on alternatives?

I think the curse jewel is better anyway, particularly if you can get a source of a 2nd curse, like doom curse, a ring, or awakened hextouch 5. Of course, those are expensive too.

poedb has the mods, eye of the storm & chilling presence are also good. Having 2 from those 4 is fine until really late game. There are a ton of decent jewel mods if you expand your selection to include crit strike, projectile damage, or totem damage types.

"
Daemonion wrote:
How can we get ailment immunity or stun immunity?

Basically we don't: the aim is to kill anything before it hits us. I've gone Brine King (& Ryslatha) to mitigate a little though.

"
Recla wrote:
Is Taryn's Shiver not a good option for this build? Another 6L could be nice.

I briefly checked and it's -25% DPS than one of my wands, let alone two. Another six link is nice, but to do it you probably have to use a rare. It's not the world's worst possible early map alternative, but you probably don't want to be six linking items to just use in white maps.

I don't know if POB item tester knows to count it vs. BOTH my wands or just the one it seems to notice by the way, so maybe it isn't all the way bad.
Last edited by NoImagination on Apr 24, 2021, 12:06:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info