[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
schovan wrote:
Any hints how do you color the Soul Mantle? It needs 3 green and 1 red, but sockets are usually blue.

Like NoImagination mentioned, it takes an average of close to 400 chromatics to just color it with the 1G bench recipe. You could get unlucky and get into the ugly end of variance, but chromatics aren't too expensive in trade so it generally isn't too big of a deal.

That said, in 3.14 I feel like Harvest is going to be the better way to off-color stuff (unless they've really killed the rate of these crafts). With Harvest going up to 8% rate and then being able to push that up to like 18%, it should be more common to find harvests and use the socket recolor crafts to get what you're looking for.
"
Wallach wrote:
"
schovan wrote:
Any hints how do you color the Soul Mantle? It needs 3 green and 1 red, but sockets are usually blue.

Like NoImagination mentioned, it takes an average of close to 400 chromatics to just color it with the 1G bench recipe. You could get unlucky and get into the ugly end of variance, but chromatics aren't too expensive in trade so it generally isn't too big of a deal.

That said, in 3.14 I feel like Harvest is going to be the better way to off-color stuff (unless they've really killed the rate of these crafts). With Harvest going up to 8% rate and then being able to push that up to like 18%, it should be more common to find harvests and use the socket recolor crafts to get what you're looking for.

thanks
IGN: schovan
I'm still scanning over things, but I have a rough update for 3.14 done. Doesn't seem like there will be a lot of changes to the build for this league, but as always I'll come back with more updates if we find new additions after the league starts, just like we did with Viridi's Veil.

Edit - I've updated the main Path of Building link to have a level 95 tree for a Viridi's Veil setup swap, as well as a separate Kikazaru / Viridi gear setups you can swap between. The Hatred gem in the Skills tab should only be enabled for the Viridi's setup (and is labeled as such).
Last edited by Wallach on Apr 14, 2021, 10:33:19 PM
"
Wallach wrote:
I'm still scanning over things, but I have a rough update for 3.14 done. Doesn't seem like there will be a lot of changes to the build for this league, but as always I'll come back with more updates if we find new additions after the league starts, just like we did with Viridi's Veil.

Edit - I've updated the main Path of Building link to have a level 95 tree for a Viridi's Veil setup swap, as well as a separate Kikazaru / Viridi gear setups you can swap between. The Hatred gem in the Skills tab should only be enabled for the Viridi's setup (and is labeled as such).

awesome thanks Wallach!
Hey Wallach! First of all a massive thanks and kudos to the amazing build guide. Played this in Ritual and it is was by far is one of the most enjoyable builds I've jumped into - this was actually my first 100 just due to the sheer enjoyment of being able to min max the build constantly in the late game.

I'm looking at league starting this for Ultimatum so I've been tinkering with POB since the gem reveals and was hoping to get your thoughts on potentially swapping out Cold Penetration Support for the new Life Tap Support. The 4 second buff should easily always be up given that totems are normally just under 200 mana to cast anyway, so it's easy to just read this skill as a 29% more damage and 10% increased damage gem at max lvl and qual.

I've noticed on non-boss mobs Life tap pulls way ahead in terms of raw damage which would make early mapping a lot easier before we start to find good dps upgrades on gear.
When accounting for increased Boss ele res, Life Tap is then roughly on par with standard Cold Pen, and Awakened Cold Pen pulls ahead a teeny tiny bit at min-maxed levels (works out around 1%-3% depending on how much other cold pen you have). There's always the chance this margin could be a little lower too depending on how much higher the %more and %increased values are on a 21/23 Life Tap support.

Now for the QOL stuff. I almost never run a mana flask, so I always find it super annoying if I get chunked by a few big hits and MOM eats all my mana. Waiting for the regen before I can throw down a few more totems if needed can be a pain, so I'm wondering if being able to pop a life flask in order to keeping throwing down totems would help alleviate this to an extent. It also means it frees up quite a bit of mana expenditure if you want to say throw some totems down AND then use the mana you have just regenerated after being depleted by MOM to flame dash away or throw out a frost bomb/stormbrand etc.

Keen for your thoughts in case there's something glaringly obvious I've missed here where this won't work or won't be worth it. But otherwise I reckon I'm gonna give it a go and see how it feels compared to the standard gemlinks.
"
Etamin77 wrote:
I'm looking at league starting this for Ultimatum so I've been tinkering with POB since the gem reveals and was hoping to get your thoughts on potentially swapping out Cold Penetration Support for the new Life Tap Support. The 4 second buff should easily always be up given that totems are normally just under 200 mana to cast anyway, so it's easy to just read this skill as a 29% more damage and 10% increased damage gem at max lvl and qual...

I haven't played this build since Metamorph League, so may be completely out of my depth here - but if a swap to Lifetap for the FP totems is made, it may be interesting to look towards picking up Agnostic as well to provide more defence since we're less reliant on the mana pool as well?
"
Etamin77 wrote:
potentially swapping out Cold Penetration Support for the new Life Tap Support. The 4 second buff should easily always be up given that totems are normally just under 200 mana to cast anyway, so it's easy to just read this skill as a 29% more damage and 10% increased damage gem at max lvl and qual.

I don't think we have the life regen for this to be viable, and using a flask every time we totem doesn't sound much fun to me. I'd be interested to see what you figure out though.

I intend to try a 26% quality panicked hybrid flask with Soul of Ryslatha, that might help with the mana recovery problem in the normal build.

"
milemarker wrote:
I haven't played this build since Metamorph League, so may be completely out of my depth here - but if a swap to Lifetap for the FP totems is made, it may be interesting to look towards picking up Agnostic as well to provide more defence since we're less reliant on the mana pool as well?

I found that ES was a big proportion of my effective HP, so perhaps this isn't a net positive.
Last edited by NoImagination on Apr 15, 2021, 5:37:22 AM
Something that no one has mentioned is that, even though you could buy double corrupts from TFT, it was annoying and you had to be fast to catch one. It will be very interesting to see where the market evens out on t3 corruption temples and it may make achieving a good soul mantle corrupt significantly more accessible.
I've been looking at that a little - double corrupted pandemonius could be pretty nice too, and possibly things like first snow or viridi's veil, if enchanting them isn't too hard...

It'll be tough to get a regular rare amulet that's better than pandemonius, so a good corruption might be a route to an upgrade if you can find the dex elsewhere.

TFT double corrupt rooms were 1ex iirc, so I imagine these tradeable temples will be quite a bit cheaper, as lots of people who don't care about double corrupts can still roll the temples.
Last edited by NoImagination on Apr 15, 2021, 9:34:41 AM
"
Wallach wrote:

Thanks Wallach, your guide is already one of the most detailed and you keep improving it.

Do you think one day you could provide more options on the high-end gear ?
NoImagination (and a few others) managed to push the build very far in terms of DPS. Unfortunately, the info is buried in various parts of the thread, and perhaps the new league may not allow to craft those crazy items anymore.

But here's some topics that could be added:

- Gem setup once you get Hextouch (Hydropshere/Ele Weak as NoImagination ?)
- Which enchant for boots: mana regen, cold pen or else ?
- Best enchant for belt ?
- use of cinderswallowurn flask
- Fingerless gloves
- "Nearby enemies..." mod for the helmet
- best regular jewels (e.g. with crit and cast speed)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info