[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Ghoro wrote:
Do we know for sure if Viridi's Veil will still work with this build when it comes to Soul Mantle and Self-Flagellation with the new change to Hexproof?

Please scroll up and read.
"
Ghoro wrote:
Do we know for sure if Viridi's Veil will still work with this build when it comes to Soul Mantle and Self-Flagellation with the new change to Hexproof?

here, for you :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2685450/page/363#p23987940
Last edited by bex_HB on Apr 13, 2021, 11:08:16 PM
nvm
"
NoImagination wrote:
Five posts back.

"
Gulch wrote:
I would assume so, since this build doesn't have Hexproof, right?

9 posts back.

"
Rihiant wrote:
Is this going to affect us? Viridi's Veil which we use makes us hexproof, i know at the moment when we get hexed its like a lock symbol showing we have a hex but it doesnt affect us technically, will this mean we can't be hexed at all?

12 posts back.

"
Ghoro wrote:

20 posts back.

"
loloppe wrote:
We survived the patch with minor nerf:

Frost Bomb/Wave of Conviction exposure (from 25% to 15%)
Large Cluster Jewel Vengeful Commander (from 20% to 15%)

Outchy:
Trigger craft (from 4 seconds Cooldown to 8 seconds)
Fixed a bug where the "x% increased Effect of Non-Damaging Ailments" modifier was being applied twice.

General buff:

The "Allies Cannot Die" aura has been removed.
Abyss Jewel (10-15% increased Effect of Cold Ailments)

Looks good to me.

I guess it's always been decent, but a delve socket on the boots might be a better option now: we can garden craft the rest of the boots if we're fortunate as we don't need influence there, though it's going to be a lot harder now of course.

Is Vengeful Commander still one of the best large cluster jewel notables? Corrosive elements, doryani's lesson, disorienting display, prismatic heart, cold to the core, blizzard caller are all pretty nice, alongside the normal blanketed snow.

I don't think the wand trigger change definitely kills it, but for me it was always close whether this was a DPS mod or the trigger craft. Vaal cold snap, divergent bonechill, CWDT is OK.

Frost bomb's regen blocking remains useful, but I wonder if there's something better to socket here now? You could get exposure from hydrosphere (with awakened hextouch), or from corrosive elements.
Last edited by NoImagination on Apr 14, 2021, 1:58:33 AM
I really want to find a way to use that sexy new Vaal Cold Snap more effectively with this build. Love the build and the guide by the way Wallach. The new leveling vids are great as well. Thanks.
"
loloppe wrote:
We survived the patch with minor nerf:

Frost Bomb/Wave of Conviction exposure (from 25% to 15%)
Large Cluster Jewel Vengeful Commander (from 20% to 15%)

Outchy:
Trigger craft (from 4 seconds Cooldown to 8 seconds)
Fixed a bug where the "x% increased Effect of Non-Damaging Ailments" modifier was being applied twice.

General buff:

The "Allies Cannot Die" aura has been removed.
Abyss Jewel (10-15% increased Effect of Cold Ailments)

Trigger wand hurt but it's still decent for summoning Lightning Golem.

Moving Cold Snap + Bone Chill to an Arcanist Brand setup wasn't bad for bossing (with Sniper Mark), to me CWDT setup is inconsistent because I don't like getting hit, don't like self-cast too because of cooldown management.

Since Frost bomb nerfed I guess it's okay to just using Hydrosphere for the exposure & hextouch. (10% vs 15% instead of 10% vs 25%)
Last edited by the_overmind92 on Apr 14, 2021, 3:19:42 AM
"
Nephelem76 wrote:
I really want to find a way to use that sexy new Vaal Cold Snap more effectively with this build. Love the build and the guide by the way Wallach. The new leveling vids are great as well. Thanks.

Vaal cold snap does more damage, but we can't deal damage except from totems. Increased radius is good though, if I understand it correctly.

"
Moving Cold Snap + Bone Chill to an Arcanist Brand setup wasn't bad for bossing (with Sniper Mark), to me CWDT setup is inconsistent because I don't like getting hit, don't like self-cast too because of cooldown management.

I agree that we'd like to not get hit, but I don't think there's much we can do about it, particularly when we're talking about level 1 CWDT levels of damage.

I'm definitely thinking along the lines of two CWDT rather than a frost bomb. CWDT 1, cold snap, bonechill, awakened spell cascade is going to keep us at max frenzy charges all the time.
Last edited by NoImagination on Apr 14, 2021, 3:40:27 AM
Any hints how do you color the Soul Mantle? It needs 3 green and 1 red, but sockets are usually blue.
IGN: schovan
https://siveran.github.io/calc.html

The expected cost is about 380 chromes using the 1g recipe (~95 attempts EV). Or harvest colour it.
Last edited by NoImagination on Apr 14, 2021, 5:43:36 AM
"
schovan wrote:
Any hints how do you color the Soul Mantle? It needs 3 green and 1 red, but sockets are usually blue.

Harvest crafting makes it very easy as it changes just some socket colors while leaving the rest with the colors that are already there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info