[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Wallach wrote:
"
ben_hure wrote:
"
Bad news I think people. Grimro is league starting with FP totems, which means there'll be so much more demand for the gear, meaning prices are likely to be high for a while?

I like Grimro, not bitching at all, but when a popular streamer plays a build, lots of others do too!

Honestly, Im a bit disheartened.
For the first time after years of playing SSF, I decided to go trade this league again and specifically searched for a build a bit more off meta. Now that Grimro is starting with this and releasing a video today about it, I fear as an average player with limited time, I wont be able to afford most of the gear to tackle endgame with FP totems.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still be playing this build and everyone is free to play whatever he wants, but it's a little frustrating how reliant the average player is on the big streamers and their influence on the economy.

I guess there is only hoping that the majority of his followers will be repelled from the idea of playing totems.

Thanks to Wallach for an awesome and detailed guide.

I really wouldn't worry about it. The core uniques for this build simply aren't rare enough to stay expensive. They'll probably be more expensive around league start, but I don't imagine it will stay that way.

I think it will mean a temporary increase in the costs of soul mantle, the helm, self flag, and pre rolled clusters. Cowards and pandemoneus should be offset by temple buffs?
Last edited by IcedInferno007 on Apr 15, 2021, 2:45:06 PM
Hi all. Pls help me. Which gems will be better in my corapted chest with 6 blue slots?
"
SemFicher wrote:
Hi all. Pls help me. Which gems will be better in my corapted chest with 6 blue slots?

You can modify colour with the crafting bench, it cost Chromatic Orb and Vaal Orb.

Freezing Pulse + Hypothermia + Cold Penetration + Multiple Totem + Controlled Destruction + Added Cold Damage

With the 1 green craft, until you get 3 green, 1 red and 2 blue.

It cost 379 chromatic + vaal orb in average.

You could swap Hypothermia for Elemental Focus in the meantime if you can't afford it, but then you can't freeze anymore.
I ran this build in delirium and really loved it. How is it looking now compared to delirium league? Having issues deciding on my league start.. This is currently on the top of my list.
"
ziphiaz wrote:
I ran this build in delirium and really loved it. How is it looking now compared to delirium league? Having issues deciding on my league start.. This is currently on the top of my list.

I just added a video to the OP talking about this very thing, but the TLDR is that very little is changing for Ultimatum. It's gotten a fair bit easier to build out since you last played due to the addition of Viridi's Veil, which is a new (and very cheap) helm which replaces the expensive Atziri's Reflection.
Thanks loloppe for the detailed response.
I made a visual leveling guide for myself, for Holy Flame Totem. It's like 95% based on Wallach's suggestions. I figured I would share it here and someone else might find it useful?

It's a PDF, meant to be full-screen on a second monitor or something similar. It has an image of the passive tree through Level 72, and lists out the skills and supports that we are seeking for Holy Flame Totem.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CYhIStWtWnDVllR8gp59DizL2ORFWKft/view?usp=sharing
In trade league, when do you transition from holy flame totem to FP totems?
"
faytte wrote:
In trade league, when do you transition from holy flame totem to FP totems?

In the second post there's a "Switching to Freezing Pulse Totems" section that should give you the rundown you're looking for to know when to switch.
"
Bad news I think people. Grimro is league starting with FP totems, which means there'll be so much more demand for the gear, meaning prices are likely to be high for a while?

I like Grimro, not bitching at all, but when a popular streamer plays a build, lots of others do too!

Nah man, totems playstyle is not for everyone. Even if he start, i would doubt anybody barely play it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info