[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
luciodifran wrote:
Hello! is the leveling section update?

It is for 3.13, yes. I won't be able to update the guide for 3.14 until after patch notes release, but I don't expect there to be any meaningful changes for leveling in the upcoming patch.

I also just finished uploading the first half of the video series to accompany the leveling section for those that are newer to the game. Those links will get added to the guide shortly.
"
What is considered DPS mode? The obvious ones are % cold damage, add # damage. Do you count physical damage as DPS for this build? I guess Crit multi and crit chance also count as DPS mode. Which is counted as a half DPS?
Thank you in advance.

That's an old post, so I can't tell what the item was, but...

First, it's mod rather than mode (modification). Each rare weapon can have up to six mods. There are a lot that can add DPS - crit chance and crit multi definitely count, the latter is one of the best, but physical damage doesn't help this build at all. The half one was probably something like "13% increased spell damage" - it's better DPS for us, but it's a very low tier.

Edit: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Standard/a6zew3pue is a list of all mods that the POB Item Tester thinks apply. It's not exhaustive, but it's pretty good.
Last edited by NoImagination on Apr 12, 2021, 4:55:30 AM
This build is amazing...played as league start 3.13 and cleared everything easy.
Starting it again for 3.14. Love it.
Just a question for the leveling part. Would it also make sense to directly level with Freezing Pulse and Spell Totem from Akt1 on or is the DPS loss too big?
"
Schnuedde wrote:
Just a question for the leveling part. Would it also make sense to directly level with Freezing Pulse and Spell Totem from Akt1 on or is the DPS loss too big?

It's really not worth it, especially since Holy Flame Totem is so strong at lower levels comparatively. The opportunity cost of a gem socket at the start - especially for a gem like Spell Totem which is essentially a damage downgrade - is just too high to make sense compared to Holy Flame Totem.

Speaking of leveling, I've finished uploading the entire video series and it should now be integrated into the guide.
Last edited by Wallach on Apr 12, 2021, 5:35:41 PM
Looks like we made it out of the manifesto with only a small nerf from frost bomb.

Let's hope for buffs in the notes, not that it needs it.
"
Modifiers that allow your Hexes to affect Hexproof Enemies (such as the Cospri's Will unique Body Armour) no longer allow your Hexes to affect yourself while you have Hexproof (as you are not your own Enemy).

Will this affect self flag at all? Or will we still get the curses on us so they still "count".
"
tykmerc wrote:
"
Modifiers that allow your Hexes to affect Hexproof Enemies (such as the Cospri's Will unique Body Armour) no longer allow your Hexes to affect yourself while you have Hexproof (as you are not your own Enemy).

Will this affect self flag at all? Or will we still get the curses on us so they still "count".

That whole change is only about hex effect and not hex application / immunity. Essentially they are targeting self-curse Headhunter builds; those builds want to curse themselves with Temporal Chains to force buffs & debuffs to last a lot longer, but they also steal Hexproof effect from enemies a lot due to Headhunter. So they'd use effects like Occultist's Profane Bloom which was making it so their self-inflicted Temporal Chains still affected them even when they stole Hexproof. That no longer works, since you are no longer considered an "enemy" for the condition of those effects.

It should have no impact whatsoever on the way we leverage Hexproof, since we actually do want those hexes to be reduced to 0% effect.
Whew, when they started talking about nerfing low life I thought for sure pain attunement was getting the axe.
"
Wallach wrote:
"
Schnuedde wrote:

It's really not worth it, especially since Holy Flame Totem is so strong at lower levels comparatively. The opportunity cost of a gem socket at the start - especially for a gem like Spell Totem which is essentially a damage downgrade - is just too high to make sense compared to Holy Flame Totem.

Speaking of leveling, I've finished uploading the entire video series and it should now be integrated into the guide.

Thank you, then I will level with the recommended way. Seems like when hitting maps I can easily change to Freezing Pulse to farm first currency.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info