[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Gnarzid505 wrote:
Hey guys just wondering what you all think I should be upgrading next? I'm thinking the wands should be next, but any and all input is very much appreciated. Loving the build so far!

Wands are a good idea, but 21/23 freezing pulse is a good place to start. If you are dex limited (green gems are low level at the moment), getting 50 dex on boots shouldn't be too hard alongside the current stats, or just take 30 from the tree. Quality on DPS gems helps a lot.

Then you'll want to go into cluster jewel and watcher's eye.

"
BlackLionXIII wrote:

In terms of large cluster, can you suggest to me which skills are cheaper because they are very expensive now and I don't know how to source those notes.

You want blanketed snow if possible. These are all fine for us:

Vengeful Commander
Doryani's Lesson
Disorienting Display
Prismatic Heart
Widespread Destruction
Cold to the Core
Blizzard Caller

Ideally you want 2 alongside blanketed snow, but to just get three of them is going to be a big boost vs. a one mod jewel.
Last edited by NoImagination on Feb 3, 2021, 2:54:31 AM
"
althetic wrote:
Hello Wallach,

First of all thank you for sharing your build and doing this with passion! I enjoy it a lot.
I got some additional questions regarding the build. I see that your totems chilling area around, I got this skill but not on totems how to connect it?

It is my first totem build, can you maybe have a quick check on my character and give any advises?
What kind of belt do you use? I dont see it in poe?

Have a nice day and thank you in advance for replay

I'm not sure I understand your first question. Our totems deal cold damage, and cold damage has a chance to chill enemies. We stack a bunch of additional damage against chilled/frozen enemies. You don't need to do anything special to chill. Just use your 5 or 6 link Freezing Pulse.

In addition to Freezing pule, we also manually cast a few other debuffs to improve our damage. Frostbite (curse) and Frostbomb are the main ones. These are manually cast. You don't link them to your main totem. You can link frost bomb to a totem skill gem early on, just so you can get some extra totem's out, but I never had the need to do this. Just use multiple totem support on your main link instead.

In terms of belts, it is listed in the guide. The BiS belt is a Coward's Legacy, but you don't want to run it until you have curse immunity from helm or shield. Until then, run either a rare belt with life, or a Styhin Vice with whatever resists/damage you need to target.
Thanks for the build, been having a blast in ritual. If I was to get my frostbite past level 24, do you think the 20% more effect to frostbite enchant could be a dps increase of the freezing pulse enchants?
Last edited by Corwynt on Feb 3, 2021, 4:58:34 AM
Just to make sure I'm not making a horrible mistake. Can you reroll the crit range while having hatred on a watcher's eye with Divine Orbs?
I'm 99% sure you can but the wiki actually says 'the numeric values cannot be modified using Divine Orb'
Last edited by Sttorr on Feb 3, 2021, 7:53:19 AM
I think that is meant to refer to the fact you can't change what the mods are. I definitely thought you could change their values, and I have definitely done it before in past leagues.
Last edited by NoImagination on Feb 3, 2021, 10:31:41 AM
Feeling a bit lost in the build currently, been storming through most content using the veil/magic ring combo and more recently switched to the mirror/added zealotry.

It feels pretty similar currently (although according to POB I've lost DPS - probably a quirk of POB or i'm looking in the settings wrong).

This is my current setup, wondering if anyone can have a look and see if I'm making any glaring errors and what the next best step would be.

Forgot to add, currently using a +cast speed/zealtry and crit chance/hatred watchers eye
Last edited by Jellyzerg on Feb 3, 2021, 1:29:30 PM
@NoImagination
Im thinking about upgrading my wands (could remove 1 useless suffix from 1 my wand with remove atack harvest but I just cant get it and I dont wanna bother with TFT discord). I wonder how did you calculate those weights from this filter?

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/lRzBK5wiV

Would like to make something like this for myself but no idea how to do it.
"
Sttorr wrote:
Just to make sure I'm not making a horrible mistake. Can you reroll the crit range while having hatred on a watcher's eye with Divine Orbs?
I'm 99% sure you can but the wiki actually says 'the numeric values cannot be modified using Divine Orb'

Yes, divine away. They can 100% be rerolled.
"
Jellyzerg wrote:
This is my current setup, wondering if anyone can have a look and see if I'm making any glaring errors and what the next best step would be.

Looks good to me, nothing is glaring. The big stuff remaining is expensive, but there's plenty of small stuff:

- Vaal cold snap, and you've stopped levelling bonechill - it can go to 20

- Can roll a better coward's legacy

- I don't think much of the crit boot enchant because we eventually cast so fast, and crit so often, that it doesn't do much. I'd prefer penetration or mana regen (or move speed).

- You can replace clear mind with a higher DPS cobalt jewel, particularly if you go for mana regen on boots.

And the bigger stuff:

- Triple mod eye, +gems Soul Mantle, the stuff we all want. But perhaps +2 to gems on amulet is more doable, it's fine to multimod it.

- Double curse with awakened hextouch

- Chaos resist somewhere

- Gloves along the lines of mine - you can have 2 damage mods, dex, and the implicit. Helmet likewise, it can have 3 damage mods. Boots with elevated non-damaging ailments. I don't have an example of the last, as I'm still doing something inbetween that feels too close to abandon:

"
Asag wrote:
@NoImagination
Im thinking about upgrading my wands (could remove 1 useless suffix from 1 my wand with remove atack harvest but I just cant get it and I dont wanna bother with TFT discord). I wonder how did you calculate those weights from this filter?

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/lRzBK5wiV

Would like to make something like this for myself but no idea how to do it.

Probably best to google how to do weighted sum searches, but I did it in POB, making a blank wand with no implicits. Then I added 1% to cast speed, and recorded the DPS change. Then I removed that, and did 1% to cold damage, and recorded that. And so on. That search is missing some mods, I basically gave up on it because 140ex wands were 2 or 3% gains for me. To upgrade, I'd need to garden craft one.

There is at least one script that's meant to do that too, but it gave nonsense outputs for me, so I just did it by hand.

For harvest crafting in general, I still have a ton of things I want to upgrade, notice that there's something wrong with all three items I've linked above, and also my amulet:

So I keep a list of which crafts I need, and go from there. It makes it much better than when you're looking for only attack annul.

My list says stuff like:

life gloves
fire boot project
crit amulet
speed amulet
caster amulet
chaos gloves
cold hat
Last edited by NoImagination on Feb 3, 2021, 2:28:56 PM
Ok in this league I have crazy luck, it took me like 30 alts and 1 regal to make this:

Its really that much better than:

PoB says like 15k lower DPS but do not count culling strike. I will also lose some projectile speed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info