[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
VinylNix wrote:
Not sure if this has been asked before, but how would you compare Spell Totem Freezing Pulse with Spell Totem Glacial Cascade? Which skill is overall better in your opinion and why?

I'm not sure the new version of Glacial Cascade is that ideal for totems and their targeting. The less you need to depend on totem targeting / positioning the better, in my opinion.
Ok I got my first altar and I think I got worst "successful" corruption I ever see (those two white sockets are from Vorici, not from altar):

:(
Last edited by Asag on Feb 2, 2021, 3:43:41 PM

Hey guys just wondering what you all think I should be upgrading next? I'm thinking the wands should be next, but any and all input is very much appreciated. Loving the build so far!
Apologies if this has already been answered.
For the newer addition to divine guidance called "transfiguration of mind", does the damage bonus increase only if you have increases to % of maximum mana?

For instance, if I had a item that had "100% increased maximum mana" that would be a 30% increased to my damage.

But if my item had +100 to maximum mana, how does that calculate to the % increase of damage? Or does the damage bonus only apply to percentages of increased max mana?

Thanks!
"
Notsavard wrote:
For the newer addition to divine guidance called "transfiguration of mind", does the damage bonus increase only if you have increases to % of maximum mana?

For instance, if I had a item that had "100% increased maximum mana" that would be a 30% increased to my damage.

But if my item had +100 to maximum mana, how does that calculate to the % increase of damage? Or does the damage bonus only apply to percentages of increased max mana?

Thanks!

Transfiguration of Mind only looks at the "X% increased mana" stat specifically, so flat increases to mana are not factored.
"
Wallach wrote:
"
Notsavard wrote:

Thanks!

Transfiguration of Mind only looks at the "X% increased mana" stat specifically, so flat increases to mana are not factored.

Thanks so much and great work on the build! Loving it!
thanks Wallach (and those answering questions in the thread), was able to do everything on the build then sold some lucky drops and was able to destroy everything. that breachlord maven fight is no joke though!

In terms of large cluster, can you suggest to me which skills are cheaper because they are very expensive now and I don't know how to source those notes.
Thanks @NoImagination for the cost breakdown of self-corrupting Soul Mantle

tl;dr
I ended up self-crafting it. In total took around 10 - 12 hours over a few days. The total cost was around 2300 chaos (~ 27ex). I paid about 60% of that in raw currency. Not sure the PC of the finished item, but I estimate I could buy/sell it for 40ex, so I saved ~ 30% by crafting it. If I had to do it all over again, I'd probably just buy one. Trading for currency is awful.

I'm going from memory, but my basic process was:

1. Purchase 6-socket Soul Mantle's with 24% or 25% (max) increased spell damage. The price difference for SM's with 6 sockets is pretty low. On average, these cost me around ~8c each. (trade link)

2. Run maps in Glennarch Carins with the 3 Temple passives. I was able to get a T3 corrupt room about 75% of the time (but my sample size was < 10 so YMMV). The corrupt rooms sell for 1ex - 1.5ex. I was able to get ~4 T3 gem corrupt rooms (double gem corrupt), which sell for ~65c. But I had some extra level 20 gems and was able to turn several into level 21s and one into a 21/23, which I sold. Combined with the maps and other loot, the estimated profit on 7 or 8 temple runs was around 5ex.

3. I used some of that profit to purchase some extra double corrupt rooms. In total it took me 8 or 9 tries before I hit the +1 skill corrupt. Total cost/opportunity cost: 9ex + 81c.

4. I debated to keep going until I hit a +2 projectile corrupt, but decided against it, since I already had a level 4 empower from another character.

5. The most painful part. Purchasing 1500 Vaal orbs. Ugh, this took almost as long as running Alva maps, but not nearly as fun. So many ignored trade requests. I hadn't really focused on farming Vaal orbs before and only has ~100 or so to start. I didn't keep track exactly, but I ended up paying around 10% - 20% above market for most of the orbs, just so I could get people to respond. Let's call it 1 chaos to 1.5 Vaal (I probably averaged a little better than that, but not much). 1500 / 1.5 = 1000c

6. I had around 1k fusings saved, so only needed to purchase ~500. They were easier to trade for and I was able to get a couple of big orders at near market. Total opportunity cost: 1500 / 4 = 375c

7. I had a ton of Chromatics saved up, so luckily didn't have to buy any.

8. I didn't delve much this league, so needed to get the 6-link recipe. Found someone on TFT to trade it for a sulphite scarab. Cost 10c.

9 Coloring. I got insanely lucky and hit 3G-2B-1R after only 7 attempts of the 1G recipe (4 chrome, 4 Vaal each). The chromatic calculator said it should have cost around 400 chrome/vaal, and takes ~ 100 attempts. Total cost 28 chromatic, 28 Vaal.

Hello Wallach,

First of all thank you for sharing your build and doing this with passion! I enjoy it a lot.
I got some additional questions regarding the build. I see that your totems chilling area around, I got this skill but not on totems how to connect it?

It is my first totem build, can you maybe have a quick check on my character and give any advises?
What kind of belt do you use? I dont see it in poe?

Have a nice day and thank you in advance for replay

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info