[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Hello,

maybe nooby question, but this DPS in Path of Building in High Budget version ( Average Hit: 969 296.6) its total DPS or per totem? Is it in chill stand in Hideout or with curses?

Thanks for answer :)
Last edited by DK_Nani on Feb 3, 2021, 3:56:40 PM
Is reflection still good, or is Veil better? I kind of lucked into a reflection...
"
DK_Nani wrote:
Hello,

maybe nooby question, but this DPS in Path of Building in High Budget version ( Average Hit: 969 296.6) its total DPS or per totem? Is it in chill stand in Hideout or with curses?

Thanks for answer :)

It should be the DPS per totem, assuming normal in-combat buffs (like 5 curses, debuffs on enemy, and flasks up).

"
aaOzymandias wrote:
Is reflection still good, or is Veil better? I kind of lucked into a reflection...

Reflection is still great, yeah. The two setups wind up nearly the same at the high end of things, it's just easier to get into the Viridi's Veil so it will make more sense most of the time. If it falls into your lap though, you may as well use it.
This build is pretty fun. Thanks for the guide. I decided to [try] to stick to one build this league and I chose this one. I was just wondering what takes priority between getting the large cluster jewel and the awakened gems?

This is my main wand atm. It seems good for now, but might not be enough later on
Because i am old and a bit slow i have decided to use Frostbite as a permanent curse using an Impresence ammy to help with mana cost.
I do realize that by dropping Pandemonius ammy i am probably sacrificing a fair chunk of DPS, thoughts on this?
Is there anything lacking from my build that should be improved on?
Thanks.
"
NoImagination wrote:

Looks good to me, nothing is glaring. The big stuff remaining is expensive, but there's plenty of small stuff:

- Double curse with awakened hextouch

What would that gem setup look like? Linked to an attack totem? Or maybe just a wide AoE attack skill?

Man... Watched your stream and it seems the dps this build can pump out seems insane...? Looks like we have huge boss damage and really crazy clear with the full screen spam.

I deeply regret going ele hit totem, then ditching that for archmage BL.. I should have just gone with this build from the start!

I'm going to run this, how far will 15ex get me do you think?
You can easily start the build with 15ex.

Get yourself a 6l Soul Mantle (6ex or so) and Viridi's Veil (20c), a decent sceptre or wand with ~80% spell damage, 80% Spell Crit, and +1 cold spell gems (1ex or so). You can find a pretty good amulet aside from Pandemonious for like 40c. Resists, life, and either cast speed and/or spell damage and/or crit multi.

You want a Magic Vermillion Ring. Use fossils on it to get 80 Life, having used Fertile Catalysts beforehand to get improved rolls. Then, using the crafting bench add a resist if you need.

Gloves with Life/Resist and "increased damage with hits against chilled enemies" I got mine for 80c, might have gone up since then I'm not sure.

Cowards Legacy belt is around 1.5-2ex, it's not mandatory to start out at all but it is a very substantial boost in damage.

Decent cluster jewels can be expensive, can get gg ones for 2ex a piece and never have to replace them. Since I'm a cheapskate, I just bought "decent enough" ones.

Here is my character so far - https://pastebin.com/K2wqPm8k

I've not spend much on this build and it absolutely shits on everything. The only thing I haven't been able to do was the Uber Breachlord encounter through the Maven Invitation thing, they would just ignore my totems and 1 shot me back to back, very annoying.

Dealing about 350k shaper dps per totem, with 7 totems, so that's math amount of dps. The fastest scaling return on investment of any build I've played so far. By dropping the shield and getting another weapon the dps per totem would push 550k+, but I like the defense it provides and don't really need the damage.
~ Seph
Last edited by sephrinx on Feb 3, 2021, 9:43:34 PM
Any help for an old man?
Refer about 4 posts back.
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Because i am old and a bit slow i have decided to use Frostbite as a permanent curse using an Impresence ammy to help with mana cost.
I do realize that by dropping Pandemonius ammy i am probably sacrificing a fair chunk of DPS, thoughts on this?
Is there anything lacking from my build that should be improved on?
Thanks.

If you want to limit the number of button you have to press while playing, I would recommend getting another trigger weapon with frost bomb + something else.

You can also get Frostbite or Sniper's Mark on your ring, or get a pair of gloves with Elemental Weakness on hit corruption.

You definitely want to use Pandemonium, you're losing around 20% of your DPS if you're not using it.

Other than that, the rest of your gear is decent. You might want to grind for a 10% pen boots enchant during a good lab day. Also, Awakened Added Cold Damage Lv5 is pretty big.

Your flask need to be rolled with useful mod, anti-bleed, ignite, shock, etc. Your life flask should have an Bubbling or Seething. Also, you definitely want to use a Quicksilver flask of Adrenaline and a Silver flask for movement speed. Flask rotation is a pain in the ass but flask are just too powerful in this game, you can easily get 40% increased DPS from a Bottled Faith + Wise Oak or Cinderswallow Crit Urn.

You wasting a point in your tree to get Frost Walker, you can grab that node from lower.

Also you could use a better Watcher's Eyes and Awakened Hextouch Lv5 with two Hex's curse + a spell of your choice (I use Hydrosphere), but then that's another key to press while playing.

So yea if you get a curse on hit and another trigger, the only spell left you should be using while playing is Flame Dash and your FP Totem. Flame Dash should be linked with a low level Arcane Surge for a big DPS increased too, you don't seem to be using that.

It's a bit hard to minimalize the build more than that, playability-wise.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info