[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Mentalmike wrote:
Has anyone done the Breach Lord Maven fight? (4x breahlords) and the last Maven invitation (Elder, Shaper, 5th breachlord, Cortex, Atziri)?

Want to know if this build is even possible at doing that sort of end game boss battle.

I tried to breachlord maven invitation and it was impossible, instantly dead each time, the Tul (Cold) and Esh (Lightning) are impossible, they instantly KO you the second you jump through the portal.

Any help would be appreciated.

Elder and Shaper guardian's are absolutely fine. Difficult but doable.

These should be in my stream archives from the past week. Yesterday I did another ubers invitation for sure.

I would say out of all the invitations these two are more DPS heavy. You want to be able to get the bosses out of the fight faster to reduce overlapping mechanics. Never roll these invitations with "increased area of effect", and "increased attack / cast speed" is probably also to be avoided for the Breachlords.
"
Mentalmike wrote:
Has anyone done the Breach Lord Maven fight? (4x breahlords) and the last Maven invitation (Elder, Shaper, 5th breachlord, Cortex, Atziri)?

I had the DPS that neither were a problem. If it helps I'm 279k hideout DPS but I doubt you need that much. To just clear them, you can run them white.

"
ebranton wrote:
Would someone please provide advice on how to go about crafting a wand? From base to finish. How do you go about it?

Well, in an ideal world you want something like both +1 gems & spell damage as prefixes, then essence cast speed, crit multi & crit chance suffixes.

This is very hard to do though, because of all the shared tags. In garden league this was the best I could do, with unlimited gardens and seeds basically of my choice:

Probably your best route is to fracture +1 all spell skill gems to a wand, then go from there.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jan 28, 2021, 2:10:36 AM
Yeah I think my DPS is too low for these fights then. Thank you for the replies.

Looks like I need to get: (no particular order)
Awakened Gems
Level 21 Gems
Blanketed Snow & Vengeful Commander Cluster (price keeps rising so probably never doing to happen)
New wand (just none on market, so probably never gonna happen)
Improve the Life rolls on my gloves & boots (need garden spawns but haven't had any in 53 maps, so fingers crossed).
+1 Soul Mantle

Do you think there is anything else I need? Really do not want to go down the Atziri's Reflection this league, want to see if the full league can be done without it because its annoying and a pain having to save 10ex for it every league.

"
NoImagination wrote:
"
Mentalmike wrote:

I had the DPS that neither were a problem. If it helps I'm 279k hideout DPS but I doubt you need that much. To just clear them, you can run them white.

"
ebranton wrote:
Would someone please provide advice on how to go about crafting a wand? From base to finish. How do you go about it?

Well, in an ideal world you want something like both +1 gems & spell damage as prefixes, then essence cast speed, crit multi & crit chance suffixes.

This is very hard to do though, because of all the shared tags. In garden league this was the best I could do, with unlimited gardens and seeds basically of my choice:

Probably your best route is to fracture +1 all spell skill gems to a wand, then go from there.

About the Harvest crafts. What mods are you looking for because I have absolutely no idea (I didnt like Harvest league due to the boring additional content and the faff with the garden management). So didnt really learn about it.

If you look at my wands, I want to replace some mods but have absolutely no idea how to do that and what crafting recipes I need or even crafting gear etc.
Last edited by Mentalmike on Jan 28, 2021, 5:39:47 AM
"
Mentalmike wrote:
Blanketed Snow & Vengeful Commander Cluster (price keeps rising so probably never doing to happen)

List looks sensible to me. But the more expensive this combination becomes, the better it is to roll your own. And keep in mind there are several useful keystones here, you only really need blanketed snow. I took that + disorienting display + prismatic heart for example.

"
Mentalmike wrote:

This shouldn't be that hard. Get wands with 5 or 6 mods that help you. You are missing projectile speed too. A T1 proj speed plus 5 T2-3 damage mods that work for the build, and you'll get a huge boost.

Right now, you have 3 useful mods on your main wand, one of those is from the bench, and 4 from the off hand, again one from the bench. You can get this to 11 useful mods plus projectile speed without huge investment. 11 T3 mods is going to be a lot more DPS than the current wands.

Garden is rare. I'm running zana missions in Hamlet with Path Not Taken, and garden is ~1/3 maps, and obviously zana missions are in limited supply. There are ways to improve without it though.

"
Mentalmike wrote:
Do you think there is anything else I need? Really do not want to go down the Atziri's Reflection this league, want to see if the full league can be done without it because its annoying and a pain having to save 10ex for it every league

I don't think you need the Reflection anymore. I think it's marginally better at the absolute top end, but none of us posting in this thread are there yet.

You can improve your flasks. You don't need a mana flask for example. Something like Atziri's Promise is a cheap damage flask, Rumi's Concoction a cheap defence flask.

Finally, your links are weird - I'm using all my links, but you're levelling things in some of them. Stuff like cold snap is helpful, as is a better CWDT setup. I like phase run too.

"
Mentalmike wrote:
About the Harvest crafts. What mods are you looking for because I have absolutely no idea (I didnt like Harvest league due to the boring additional content and the faff with the garden management).

If you look at my wands, I want to replace some mods but have absolutely no idea how to do that and what crafting recipes I need or even crafting gear etc.

Use this: https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Wand

The problem is that the mods we want share tags. You don't need to do this to boost your DPS though, as I describe above.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jan 28, 2021, 5:28:47 AM
Hi and thanks for this Build and Guide :)

Have u any Tips...for what i should go next to upgrade?

"
Pato0981 wrote:

If I were you, I'd take a 2nd wand instead of a shield. +1 totem isn't very useful because you rarely need the 4th cast, and when you do it's half as effective as the prior three. You normally are casting the 4th against bosses, where you want more DPS from the 2nd wand anyway.

You can get a boot enchant, and you can get damage against chilled on your gloves, like the below - it gives you a cold resist too, so you could consider upgrading boots to 35% movespeed or chaos resist. Also, do you need regen on wand and the magic ring? I imagine DPS works better here.

You may as well corrupt 20/20 gems incase you hit a 21/20. Going down to 19/20 isn't a big deal, it'll come back to 20 pretty quickly.

A second medium cluster jewel may be a good plan too.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jan 28, 2021, 5:47:30 AM
"
NoImagination wrote:
"
Mentalmike wrote:

List looks sensible to me. But the more expensive this combination becomes, the better it is to roll your own. And keep in mind there are several useful keystones here, you only really need blanketed snow. I took that + disorienting display + prismatic heart for example.

"
Mentalmike wrote:

This shouldn't be that hard. Get wands with 5 or 6 mods that help you. You are missing projectile speed too. A T1 proj speed plus 5 T2-3 damage mods that work for the build, and you'll get a huge boost.

Right now, you have 3 useful mods on your main wand, one of those is from the bench, and 4 from the off hand, again one from the bench. You can get this to 11 useful mods plus projectile speed without huge investment. 11 T3 mods is going to be a lot more DPS than the current wands.

Garden is rare. I'm running zana missions in Hamlet with Path Not Taken, and garden is ~1/3 maps, and obviously zana missions are in limited supply. There are ways to improve without it though.

"
Mentalmike wrote:
Do you think there is anything else I need? Really do not want to go down the Atziri's Reflection this league, want to see if the full league can be done without it because its annoying and a pain having to save 10ex for it every league

I don't think you need the Reflection anymore. I think it's marginally better at the absolute top end, but none of us posting in this thread are there yet.

You can improve your flasks. You don't need a mana flask for example. Something like Atziri's Promise is a cheap damage flask, Rumi's Concoction a cheap defence flask.

Finally, your links are weird - I'm using all my links, but you're levelling things in some of them. Stuff like cold snap is helpful, as is a better CWDT setup. I like phase run too.

"
Mentalmike wrote:
About the Harvest crafts. What mods are you looking for because I have absolutely no idea (I didnt like Harvest league due to the boring additional content and the faff with the garden management).

Use this: https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Wand

The problem is that the mods we want share tags. You don't need to do this to boost your DPS though, as I describe above.

Thank you for that, very helpful. I have been trying to craft my own cluster jewel for a long while to no avail. Blanketed Snow is very rare.

My DPS in hideout (with Hatred active) is 124k. Half of yours.

I have semi-recrafted my wand with the 1 and only sacred grove I found today. Hoping for more. Will look at removing the remaining useless mods but this is not that easy as I have limited Annulments. (Trying to do this build as SSF as possible).

What is better Cast Speed or Projectile Speed? I would expect 40% Projectile Speed is better than 14% Cast Speed (or 18% is using an exalted).
"
Mentalmike wrote:
I have semi-recrafted my wand with the 1 and only sacred grove I found today. Hoping for more. Will look at removing the remaining useless mods but this is not that easy as I have limited Annulments. (Trying to do this build as SSF as possible).

What is better Cast Speed or Projectile Speed? I would expect 40% Projectile Speed is better than 14% Cast Speed (or 18% is using an exalted).

Useful garden crafts are valuable, best to use them on items with several T1 mods and no useless ones.

You need one high projectile speed mod somewhere on your gear. The traditional route is through an enchant (& quality on FP), but that's out of reach with the new hat. Once you have one, cast speed is the best common mod for DPS.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jan 28, 2021, 6:03:30 AM
"
NoImagination wrote:
"
Pato0981 wrote:

If I were you, I'd take a 2nd wand instead of a shield. +1 totem isn't very useful because you rarely need the 4th cast, and when you do it's half as effective as the prior three. You normally are casting the 4th against bosses, where you want more DPS from the 2nd wand anyway.

You can get a boot enchant, and you can get damage against chilled on your gloves, like the below - it gives you a cold resist too, so you could consider upgrading boots to 35% movespeed or chaos resist. Also, do you need regen on wand and the magic ring? I imagine DPS works better here.

You may as well corrupt 20/20 gems incase you hit a 21/20. Going down to 19/20 isn't a big deal, it'll come back to 20 pretty quickly.

A second medium cluster jewel may be a good plan too.

Ty Sir...good Tips.

I have now my second wand...and looking forward. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info