[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

The new helmet is amazing, i thought hexproof would mean that curses would not apply at all but they do!

It´s actually huge for the build allowing to get a power spike before being able to afford Atziri´s reflection (endgame the shield is probably still better than the helmet bacause it allows two essence worm )
Yup, got the new helmet last night with the last of my currency. I'm running a bog standard magic ring with some resist on it and an essense worm...should i be running hatred in there or assasins mark?

Swapped one of my low ilvl +1 to cold spell gems for a cheap shield with +1 totems...is that the way to go?

I think i need to change my gloves and boots as had them for quite a while now.

I don't know how i link my toon to show people.

Last edited by mad2moons21 on Jan 21, 2021, 5:40:45 AM
Essence worm works on auras, so you want hatred there.

I don't think +1 totems is very good if you are already able to cast 6. The 7th totem will have to be your fourth cast of the spell, so is only half as effective as the first three.

Personally, I think I'd go for a second wand still, or a DPS heavy shield (as the block is nice, particularly if you can get life & ES on it too).

Your character is already set to public, so we can see it. Your boots aren't terrible, but you could really use life on the gloves. You can even just add it at your crafting bench.

You can have a 2nd mod on your magic ring, so you should add that too. And if I were you, I'd change some flasks. I don't run out of charges to my one life flask, so three is too many. You want one with 'of heat' to remove freeze too - it's a cheap craft at your menagerie.

These are far from endgame flasks except the first, and are cheap:

You can see people's characters by going to their username, then select character, by the way.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jan 21, 2021, 6:01:22 AM
Added a video to go over the Viridi's Veil in some more detail until I can update the guide more thoroughly. I don't know as I'll even recommend the Atziri's Reflection anymore, though it will remain an option as it always has.

This is really such a great item for the build. It doesn't really increase our overall power relative to 3.12, but gives us access to the larger bulk of it much cheaper and with a more direct progression path.

If Pursuit of Faith had to die for this helmet to live, so be it. I'll take that trade.
how would i make this work for holy flame totems? im a fan of holy flame totems
"

I'm not sure it makes as much sense for Holy Flame Totem since the ring slots are competing with Circle of Anguish, and you can't make as much use out of Soul Mantle's built in Spell Totem Support. It's probably not as useful in that build.
"
Wallach wrote:
"

I'm not sure it makes as much sense for Holy Flame Totem since the ring slots are competing with Circle of Anguish, and you can't make as much use out of Soul Mantle's built in Spell Totem Support. It's probably not as useful in that build.

That sucks. cant find any good holy flame totem builds this league.
"
Wallach wrote:
Added a video to go over the Viridi's Veil in some more detail until I can update the guide more thoroughly. I don't know as I'll even recommend the Atziri's Reflection anymore, though it will remain an option as it always has.

This is really such a great item for the build. It doesn't really increase our overall power relative to 3.12, but gives us access to the larger bulk of it much cheaper and with a more direct progression path.

If Pursuit of Faith had to die for this helmet to live, so be it. I'll take that trade.

The main concern then, is getting a helmet enchant. If there're 500 enchants, it's actually likely to be a good thing to spread this information as widely as possible, because you aren't going to roll it yourself in this lifetime.
"
NoImagination wrote:
Essence worm works on auras, so you want hatred there.

I don't think +1 totems is very good if you are already able to cast 6. The 7th totem will have to be your fourth cast of the spell, so is only half as effective as the first three.

Personally, I think I'd go for a second wand still, or a DPS heavy shield (as the block is nice, particularly if you can get life & ES on it too).

Your character is already set to public, so we can see it. Your boots aren't terrible, but you could really use life on the gloves. You can even just add it at your crafting bench.

You can have a 2nd mod on your magic ring, so you should add that too. And if I were you, I'd change some flasks. I don't run out of charges to my one life flask, so three is too many. You want one with 'of heat' to remove freeze too - it's a cheap craft at your menagerie.

These are far from endgame flasks except the first, and are cheap:

You can see people's characters by going to their username, then select character, by the way.

Thank you for taking the time out for a detailed reply. I will look at implementing those changes when i get in from work tonight.

Cheers.
I'm getting into the new lategame now, and I suspect we're going to get further with determinative crafting than we may have thought a week ago. I don't think it's going to be easy to get 6x T1 mods, but I think we can get 6x T3+ mods on every slot. With the new Maven's orb, we might become more powerful than in Harvest league...

"
mad2moons21 wrote:
Thank you for taking the time out for a detailed reply. I will look at implementing those changes when i get in from work tonight.

Cheers.

You're welcome. Of course, Wallach is a good place to look for this setup.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jan 21, 2021, 8:32:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info