[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

thx for the reply, im gonna test it as well
"
adilsonx wrote:
thx for the reply, im gonna test it as well

So I took a bit to test this in-game, and my results were pretty iffy.

Skills like Cold Snap and Sniper's Mark target to cursor when they are used with the "Trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill" affix, which means it doesn't really do anything to solve that spell's targeting issues (you still have to namelock the target when using a different skill to have Sniper's Mark apply).

Cold Snap is definitely a lot more functional of a debuff this way since even though it still goes to cursor it has a decent sized area and you could force it onto bosses when casting your curses and such. I think what I'd do if you run this suffix is just swap CWDT with something like Increased Area of Effect Support or Spell Cascade Support to give your Cold Snap an even larger radius. You could also add Unbound Ailments Support to further increase the effect of Chill to increase the debuff effect from Bonechill Support.

It's hard to say whether I'd actually sacrifice either cast speed or critical multiplier as a suffix for this increased Cold Snap uptime. For example on my Heist character, max roll crafted cast speed (18%) is worth about 7% total DPS increase. Cold Snap's debuff is about an 11.5% damage increase while the target is affected, but I already have some degree of Cold Snap uptime from the CWDT triggers. It's hard to say whether there's enough uptime difference where that trade makes sense in a single target context. The damage consideration is pretty much the same with crafted critical multiplier (28%).

I would say that if you are focused more on clear speed, this is a pretty good option as it will be a great boon in terms of having consistent Frenzy charge uptime while clearing. But in a single target context it'd be harder to justify unless you get a really ideal wand that has the open suffix without costing you one of the other important suffixes.

The challenge obviously is finding a wand where you can fit the suffix in without taking too big of a DPS hit. If I already had T1-T3 cast speed and global critical multiplier, I'd probably take the trigger over something like crafted critical strike chance for spells, or stuff like most of the Redeemer suffixes since your odds of hitting T1 chance for spells to deal double damage is very low.
Last edited by Wallach on Dec 23, 2020, 3:27:13 AM
Maybe I missed it - but i didn't see suggested rolls on an abyss jewel for stygian vises.

EDIT: googling suggested life and onslaught for 4 secs. I found one cheap with global crit as well
Last edited by FrodoFraggins on Dec 23, 2020, 6:28:24 AM
Great build, I'm loving it so far. One question, what triggers the second totem each time you cast Freezing Pulse?
"
Muldoon256 wrote:
Great build, I'm loving it so far. One question, what triggers the second totem each time you cast Freezing Pulse?

That's from the Ritual of Awakening ascendancy node for Hierophant. One of the effects is "Skills that would Summon a Totem Summon two Totems instead", so you summon two totems per use.
Thanks for build - i've tried totems twice before (Heiro GC and Chief Holy Flame) and kinda of deleted them in mid maps. This one I got to same point and was reasonably happy to keep playing it.
"
Unshiftables wrote:
Thanks for build - i've tried totems twice before (Heiro GC and Chief Holy Flame) and kinda of deleted them in mid maps. This one I got to same point and was reasonably happy to keep playing it.

Right on, glad you enjoy it.

For you (or anyone else interested in commenting), is there anything you felt was a bit missing from the guide? It's coming up on that time of the year to do some larger updates with 3.13, so it would be good to get some more recent feedback.

At the moment I am planning on adding a section for some general gear priority guidance, and if I have time a video accompaniment for each act in the leveling guide. Maybe some header images to separate the sections just for readability.
"
Wallach wrote:

For you (or anyone else interested in commenting), is there anything you felt was a bit missing from the guide? It's coming up on that time of the year to do some larger updates with 3.13, so it would be good to get some more recent feedback.

At the moment I am planning on adding a section for some general gear priority guidance, and if I have time a video accompaniment for each act in the leveling guide. Maybe some header images to separate the sections just for readability.

Not from me. Found it well organized and accessible as a 2 year player. It may not be a smexy looking guide with lots of embedded images and cool headers, but very few pull off both smexy and accessible.
How about a Pro's and Con's list? Like for example, I have not tried this build yet but I am looking for a good boss starter build for the new league that could possibly get me to farming Uber Elder/Shaper very quickly on league start but I am not sure how this build does with bosses and stuff like that early in a league.
"
Dkbballer1 wrote:
How about a Pro's and Con's list? Like for example, I have not tried this build yet but I am looking for a good boss starter build for the new league that could possibly get me to farming Uber Elder/Shaper very quickly on league start but I am not sure how this build does with bosses and stuff like that early in a league.

This will be my first Totem Build and I'm thinkging the same. I would love a Pros/Cons or something like Doable/Not Doable Content.

I did browse through the vids and saw the deathless Simulacrum clearing and some stuff. But i really could not see, at what Budget we will be able to do all those Things :)
(Btw. how hard is Delving and in particular AUL with this build?)

Thanks anyway for your detailed guide and the work u did organizing and explaining everything so thoroughly. <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info