[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Hi,

Many thx for this detailed guide, its something very rare to find, after giving up last league it is nice to finally be able to kill conquerors myself without having to ask for help ^^.

This is my 2nd league and although I am doing most content ez mode i am having serious troubles with higher tier sirus, getting 2 and sometimes 1 shot when he does the walls on side and launches orbs at you, but above all last phase very rng with the placements and aoes on floor, making it impossible to keep near boss to avoid his nuke of insta kill move.

I would like to know what improvements should i focus on to help with that gear wise, i know that i need to enchant the gear and can switch to insta life replenish flasks. I was looking for advice on what upgrade should i get next to help me with sirus survival. I have around 14 ex currently.

My character and inventory is enabled for anyone to see EarthDaemon.
Last edited by jpmrulez on Nov 6, 2020, 9:27:09 AM
Hope it's ok for me to ask some questions here, if not I really do apologize.
Last time I played a totem build was back when there were no ascendancies so I thought I'd give it a whirl see if I like it, and this seems like a fantastic guide so here we are.
Curious, as I'm leveling, will the damage be a problem? I'm leveling as suggested with holy flame totem atm.

And regarding the upgrades, I'm a little slow on the ol' uptake but can I say, get the shield, and then farm some more for my next upgrade and so on, or do I have to make a swap all at once with all the expensive things?
Essentially what I'm asking is, does it fundamentally change how things work so that I cant just upgrade 1 item but rather all of them?
Uff... Finally road to lvl 100 completed! First time (and I think - last time) in my PoE history.

"
Chridian wrote:

And regarding the upgrades, I'm a little slow on the ol' uptake but can I say, get the shield, and then farm some more for my next upgrade and so on, or do I have to make a swap all at once with all the expensive things?
Essentially what I'm asking is, does it fundamentally change how things work so that I cant just upgrade 1 item but rather all of them?

For me:

first upgrade was shield- so you can switch rings to Essence worms or life/resistance rings if you lack resists. and respect those 4 passive points to something else.

second upgrade - amulet. great defensive piece.
third: belt.
fourth: medium cluster with " farming" or "damage" properties :)
Big gratz on the 100! I got my first and only to 100 in delirium and yeah, I dont think I'll make a habit out of it xD
On topic tho:

I do have the currency to get those items I'm just a little scared to pull the trigger so to speak as if I do get them and it turns out I cant do what I want to, I'm sort of out of luck but I'll do it I think, its the most fun Ive had leveling in quite some time
"
Chridian wrote:
Big gratz on the 100! I got my first and only to 100 in delirium and yeah, I dont think I'll make a habit out of it xD
On topic tho:

I do have the currency to get those items I'm just a little scared to pull the trigger so to speak as if I do get them and it turns out I cant do what I want to, I'm sort of out of luck but I'll do it I think, its the most fun Ive had leveling in quite some time

As a scrub who doesnt know much about the game i can tell you this build is awesome and can do much very cheap but it has some caveats.

Mapping overall is very ez, but our survival mostly relies on you freezing or insta killing enemies, which works in most map bosses and mobs...

But when u get to hard hitting + big health pools bosses like sirus A8 or Uber atziri, freezing wont work, which means your only solution for these cases is to highly invest in DPS, making it a case of kill fast enough or you are going to die, alot ^^

I didnt get any of that stuff, atziris reflection and so on, awakened gems... till much later and the build worked fine for mapping and even basic tiers sirus 5-6. Also only died once whole game to a conqueror, and cause i made a mistake and tped back to where baran was casting his crap :P

PS: Biggest tip i can give (since it can be so much time consuming) is to get that Awakened Added cold Damage earliest u can, or buy a maxed rank 5, the +1 to cold skill gems level is huge increase in dps
Last edited by jpmrulez on Nov 10, 2020, 5:29:11 PM
Hey cool build!! Just finished cruel lab (starting act 8 now) and am swapping to freezing pulse totems with soul mantle, 100% reduced curse effect and a self-flagalation w first snow jewel equipped [respec-ed accordingly too]

However I have some questions regarding the links.. I tried to read the forums but there were too many pages =]

1. Frost bomb setup : seems to be only creating 1 totem each click. And is limited to 1 only despite having multiple totems support. Would also like to ask what is the purpose of multiple totem support when I already have Ritual of Awakening?

2. I have been using steelskin on LMB as I feel the frequency of activation is better than a CWDT setup. Maybe a CWDT setup would be better to not get 'one shotted' in end game but is LMB a viable option? Ive noticed some who have reached lvl 100 running the CWDT setup. Wanted to know your (their) thoughts on this.

3. Somewhere in the forum there was a mention of some order to applying the debuffs (?) like frost bomb totem > frostbite > snipers mark (can't rly recall). Is there sth we should take note of here?

Hope you can help!! Started the league late so this is my first character (and probably only) so I don't wanna mess it up hehe. Hopefully I can reach 36/40 with this build. Thanks again!
Is this build hardcore viable? I've been wanting to give totems a shot after not playing them for years and I just dropped a soul mantle, kinda interested now..
"
RykkQ wrote:
Hey cool build!! Just finished cruel lab (starting act 8 now) and am swapping to freezing pulse totems with soul mantle, 100% reduced curse effect and a self-flagalation w first snow jewel equipped [respec-ed accordingly too]

However I have some questions regarding the links.. I tried to read the forums but there were too many pages =]

1. Frost bomb setup : seems to be only creating 1 totem each click. And is limited to 1 only despite having multiple totems support. Would also like to ask what is the purpose of multiple totem support when I already have Ritual of Awakening?

2. I have been using steelskin on LMB as I feel the frequency of activation is better than a CWDT setup. Maybe a CWDT setup would be better to not get 'one shotted' in end game but is LMB a viable option? Ive noticed some who have reached lvl 100 running the CWDT setup. Wanted to know your (their) thoughts on this.

3. Somewhere in the forum there was a mention of some order to applying the debuffs (?) like frost bomb totem > frostbite > snipers mark (can't rly recall). Is there sth we should take note of here?

Hope you can help!! Started the league late so this is my first character (and probably only) so I don't wanna mess it up hehe. Hopefully I can reach 36/40 with this build. Thanks again!

1. - The purpose of multiple totems gem is increase the limit of totems summoned at same time as it says, works for me ...

U can summon more totems of frost bomb but this is how it works:
When u have the whole setup summoned, first cast will just resummon the frostbomb totems, but if u cast frost bomb again u will get one more frostbomb but it will unsummon one freezing pulse totem, if u count the total number of totems the increased capacity is there.

2. - CWDT - Given that when u have good enough gear, game is mostly 0 skill 1 shot everything and clear speed is king, theres huge incentive to automate defense activation.

There is also ppl that die and could have survived if they had remembered to use the skill/were 2 slow to react...

Being in control of the casting urself can be much more effective when u havent reached the ridiculous dps that makes fights one shot / nonexistant ^^ :)

3 - While your curse limit is 1 u just want snipers mark on the boss not frostbite (u will continue to cast frostbite but just to refresh arcane surge buff), but once u get the curse limit increased u will get both frostbite and snipers mark on boss.

That is the sequence for bossing/hard to kill target when u increase the curse limit from 1 to 2. His logic is to get muscle memory for when u get the upgrade on curse limits.

GL :)
"
jpmrulez wrote:
"
RykkQ wrote:

1. - The purpose of multiple totems gem is increase the limit of totems summoned at same time as it says, works for me ...

U can summon more totems of frost bomb but this is how it works:
When u have the whole setup summoned, first cast will just resummon the frostbomb totems, but if u cast frost bomb again u will get one more frostbomb but it will unsummon one freezing pulse totem, if u count the total number of totems the increased capacity is there.

2. - CWDT - Given that when u have good enough gear, game is mostly 0 skill 1 shot everything and clear speed is king, theres huge incentive to automate defense activation.

There is also ppl that die and could have survived if they had remembered to use the skill/were 2 slow to react...

Being in control of the casting urself can be much more effective when u havent reached the ridiculous dps that makes fights one shot / nonexistant ^^ :)

3 - While your curse limit is 1 u just want snipers mark on the boss not frostbite (u will continue to cast frostbite but just to refresh arcane surge buff), but once u get the curse limit increased u will get both frostbite and snipers mark on boss.

That is the sequence for bossing/hard to kill target when u increase the curse limit from 1 to 2. His logic is to get muscle memory for when u get the upgrade on curse limits.

GL :)

Thanks so much for this! All the issues has been resolved :D
However, I would like to ask if i have atziri's Reflection Golden Buckler do i need overcapped resistances?

Cheers! Currently lvl 90 but 5/40 lel
Maybe this is a noob question, but how come we take improved critical strikes if we're also using controlled destruction with this build?

thnx!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info