[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

I'm done for heist and am looking at ideas for next league. I'm probably going to league start this next league barring any rediculous patch notes. I had a few questions on this build before I commit.

1. How tanky is this build? I keep seeing people say its 'safe' but most builds I see only have about 5k effective life. I know this isnt a face tank build but does this rely on you to manually dodge and know mechanics or does it contain enough defensive layers to be forgiving?

2. I've never played totems before, do you literally just plop them down with 1 skill and let them do all the work?

3. What map mods can this build not do? Are totems immune to reflect?

4. Do I just need to get resistances capped to 75% instead of the typical 109% since the build is immune to curses including elemental weakness?
"
MikeyTwoGuns wrote:
I'm done for heist and am looking at ideas for next league. I'm probably going to league start this next league barring any rediculous patch notes. I had a few questions on this build before I commit.

1. How tanky is this build? I keep seeing people say its 'safe' but most builds I see only have about 5k effective life. I know this isnt a face tank build but does this rely on you to manually dodge and know mechanics or does it contain enough defensive layers to be forgiving?

2. I've never played totems before, do you literally just plop them down with 1 skill and let them do all the work?

4. Do I just need to get resistances capped to 75% instead of the typical 109% since the build is immune to curses including elemental weakness?

1. My Char has ~4,1k life ~1,2k ES and ~2.5K mana. Can be one-shooted by big boss or other high damage hit. But most of the mobs and bosses are perma-freezed (if not one-shotted)- so no problem from that side. Some map bosses need to be unfrozen by casting totems AWAY from them - so they can transit to next phase.
ONE map boss is bugged - you can`t kill it- because it will be damage immune with 0 HP left. Overgrown ruin or something like that.
My only problem so far is Sirus A8... First try was wasted- because of my laziness to avoid AOE or damage circles... oh well- maybe next time :)

2. Yes- just 2x button press to summon 4 totems + curse x2 to proc Arcane surge. And 1 more button press on bosses for +2 frost bomb totems.

3. Actually you can do all map mods. No-regen mod - you need to use flasks more often. No - totems will die on elemental-reflect. But it is managable - killed shaper (?) guardian in T16 map with elemental reflect without any problems.

4. maybe- not expert of that :)
------
p.s. Sorry about my English- not my first or even second language.
Last edited by KasparsT on Oct 26, 2020, 9:45:09 AM
"
KasparsT wrote:
"
MikeyTwoGuns wrote:

1. My Char has ~4,1k life ~1,2k ES and ~2.5K mana. Can be one-shooted by big boss or other high damage hit. But most of the mobs and bosses are perma-freezed (if not one-shotted)- so no problem from that side. Some map bosses need to be unfrozen by casting totems AWAY from them - so they can transit to next phase.
ONE map boss is bugged - you can`t kill it- because it will be damage immune with 0 HP left. Overgrown ruin or something like that.
My only problem so far is Sirus A8... First try was wasted- because of my laziness to avoid AOE or damage circles... oh well- maybe next time :)

2. Yes- just 2x button press to summon 4 totems + curse x2 to proc Arcane surge. And 1 more button press on bosses for +2 frost bomb totems.

3. Actually you can do all map mods. No-regen mod - you need to use flasks more often. No - totems will die on elemental-reflect. But it is managable - killed shaper (?) guardian in T16 map with elemental reflect without any problems.

4. maybe- not expert of that :)
------
p.s. Sorry about my English- not my first or even second language.

By permanent frozen do you mean permanently stopped or just slowed?

As far as A8 Sirus goes if you know the mechanics is he not a big issue? Like if I make a mistake and get caught in his die beam for a split second will it instakill this build or is it tanky enough to at least move out of it? That's what I'm really wondering about the builds survivability. I dont expect to face tank it or the shaper beam but I tend to need a build that can give me a half second to correct mistakes like getting caught in those.
Last edited by MikeyTwoGuns on Oct 26, 2020, 11:45:13 AM
"
MikeyTwoGuns wrote:

As far as A8 Sirus goes if you know the mechanics is he not a big issue? Like if I make a mistake and get caught in his die beam for a split second will it instakill this build or is it tanky enough to at least move out of it? That's what I'm really wondering about the builds survivability. I dont expect to face tank it or the shaper beam but I tend to need a build that can give me a half second to correct mistakes like getting caught in those.

This build will perma-freeze in that it will actually completely stop mobs from doing anything which makes this a safe mapper and heister despite the average defences. However, endgame bosses can't be frozen so you can disregard that for any bossing that you do.

This build won't carry you through an A8 Sirus fight if you screw up. You will probably die if you eat any of the big attacks Sirus throws at you, although maybe you can get nicked by one die beam and still survive (never tried it myself). So successful bossing will pretty much rely on you actively dodging while the totems do their work for you. For the record, my reflexes are terrible and I was never able to do a clean deathless A8 Sirus kill on this build as I always died once or twice in the last phase (4k life, 2.6k mana).

With enough min-maxing, you can get pretty ridiculous damage which will allow you to insta-phase every boss fight. So you can cheese things that way if you wish.
"
scrambled777 wrote:
"
MikeyTwoGuns wrote:

This build will perma-freeze in that it will actually completely stop mobs from doing anything which makes this a safe mapper and heister despite the average defences. However, endgame bosses can't be frozen so you can disregard that for any bossing that you do.

This build won't carry you through an A8 Sirus fight if you screw up. You will probably die if you eat any of the big attacks Sirus throws at you, although maybe you can get nicked by one die beam and still survive (never tried it myself). So successful bossing will pretty much rely on you actively dodging while the totems do their work for you. For the record, my reflexes are terrible and I was never able to do a clean deathless A8 Sirus kill on this build as I always died once or twice in the last phase (4k life, 2.6k mana).

With enough min-maxing, you can get pretty ridiculous damage which will allow you to insta-phase every boss fight. So you can cheese things that way if you wish.

So I take it this build is well suited for taking on these insanely juiced T18 100% delirious maps I see, and if you know the end game boss fights should still be viable for those even if not near maxed out on DPS?
"
MikeyTwoGuns wrote:

So I take it this build is well suited for taking on these insanely juiced T18 100% delirious maps I see, and if you know the end game boss fights should still be viable for those even if not near maxed out on DPS?

IMO Atziri's Reflection setup is the bare minimum for 'viable bossing' as Kikazaru setup doesn't quite have the damage. With Atziri's Reflection, I was able to hit 1.6M DPS per totem which was good enough to do endgame bosses in a timely manner while you dodge all the rippy mechanics being thrown at you.

Never tried running 100% delirious maps with this build so I can't comment on that one.
damn man this build is SICK very well written guide too, dont know how your not on the front page, crazy good!
Anyone have any recommendations for leveling Uniques for this build?
Hi guys, can anyone knowledgeable take a look at my POB and let me know if it looks allright?

Damage seems good, excellent for mapping, ok for bossing until I run out of flask charges.

Is there any way to get more survivability?

Also POB seems weird, in game I have only 72% fire resistance but my POB says I have alot more. I recently bought atziris reflection and need to fix my resists again (way too much cold resist) and the damage calculation changes randomly and I can't understand why, maybe I screwed something up.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the build guide, really enjoying it. It kinda saved heist league for me.

POB: https://pastebin.com/nkbZhF4W

Last edited by Papaloco667 on Oct 27, 2020, 5:08:14 PM
I am kicking Ass with this build in SSF Heist. Running Heists with this build is very enjoyable. I am having a lot fun this league thanks to this build. Watching the freezing pulse go trough mobs freezing and shattering them asses is a fantastic and chilling sensation.

Right now i am level 94,for the first time in a league(my best char is lvl95 in standard), doing T14 maps like a breeze. I even got some lvl83 blueprints which i had no problem completing, even in rare version.

Even missing some key uniques, like Clear mind, i think i will be doing t16 maps with no problem.

Kudos to Wallach, creator of this build, for creating such well written and organized guide. Every detail and aspect of the build is clearly explained from level 1 to endgame, making the player progress, from act 1 to maps, very smooth and enjoyable.

It would be nice if most build guides in this forum follow a template like this guide, instead of just trowing final tree, sills and gear at your face.

I thank you for this great build guide and i hope you keep upating it for next leagues.I would apreciate that as a noob like me that can't create viable builds :D

Keep up the good work.

Note: Sorry bad english. I am not english native.
Last edited by Mindelo on Oct 28, 2020, 9:55:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info