[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Wallach wrote:

Maybe, though you're taking a bit of a bath in terms of skill points getting there. You'll also likely need some additional mana support than what you'd normally get using the guide as-is.

The issue you might run into with Agnostic is that your main risk of death in this build is going to be burst damage, particularly physical burst. Agnostic doesn't help as much if the damage comes in a single large hit, or many near-simultaneous hits. It'll be good for multiple hits even if they're only slightly staggered, though, so long as you account for the mana consumption.

Ah, that makes sense, thank you for your feedback! What are your thoughts on the replica Soul Tether ? Been debating replacing the silver flask with a defensive flask (Rumi's/basalt/quartz most likely) as well. Any thoughts on that ?

BR,

/N
Last edited by Naavala on Oct 1, 2020, 3:48:50 PM
"
Mentoya wrote:
Loving the great build so far. Just started mapping. Any map mods I should avoid with this build?
While theoretically you can do all map mods, ele reflect is gonna kill your totems very fast so it's very annoying. No mana regen is annoying too especially with mind over matter mana is drained a lot. Avoid ailments / cannot be slowed will impact your ability to chill mobs. Some combos of mods like -max res and phys as extra ele can be rippy, especially with multiproj and turbo (attack speed). Some combos can cut your dps a lot like EE + extra resist + hexproof.

In many cases it's just about being careful and knowing you will kill things slower or take more damage.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Mentoya wrote:
Loving the great build so far. Just started mapping. Any map mods I should avoid with this build?
While theoretically you can do all map mods, ele reflect is gonna kill your totems very fast so it's very annoying. No mana regen is annoying too especially with mind over matter mana is drained a lot. Avoid ailments / cannot be slowed will impact your ability to chill mobs. Some combos of mods like -max res and phys as extra ele can be rippy, especially with multiproj and turbo (attack speed). Some combos can cut your dps a lot like EE + extra resist + hexproof.

In many cases it's just about being careful and knowing you will kill things slower or take more damage.

Okay thanks! I wanted to say that as much as I love this build, I'm absolutely getting killed in heists for some reason. Anyone else having a problem with dying in Heists? I'm too the point now where I don't even go get the final reward. at the end of the Heist. I just open as many chests as I can without setting off the alarm and then exit the heists. It just seems like I die almost every time waiting for the doors to unlock, after the alarm goes off...
"
Mentoya wrote:

Okay thanks! I wanted to say that as much as I love this build, I'm absolutely getting killed in heists for some reason. Anyone else having a problem with dying in Heists? I'm too the point now where I don't even go get the final reward. at the end of the Heist. I just open as many chests as I can without setting off the alarm and then exit the heists. It just seems like I die almost every time waiting for the doors to unlock, after the alarm goes off...

Do the rest of your labs and get Divine Guidance. The extra 10% damage taken from mana helps a lot for survivability when you already have MoM.

When waiting for doors, put your totems right in front of the door and wait near the side. Totems will take the shotgun attacks from the army on the other side and then kill nearly everything on the other side of the door. If the mobs doesn't aggro after the door is open, recast your totems closer to them.

Defences on this build is good but not great, so you have to utilize the totem playstyle to freeze and kill everything from range. You're mostly reliant on MoM to tank occasional hits for you so don't go ham and try and facetank everything.
Last edited by scrambled777 on Oct 1, 2020, 6:23:37 PM
Any Reason why we don't use EE in this build?.

I'm surprised how build grown thru leagues I played this in the past never seen the day I can kill Conqueror at A8 in instant 2sec also less than 3 min Sirius 0 death although scary fight so many times i got low lucky Vitality cluster save me.
Last edited by popotm on Oct 1, 2020, 10:14:09 PM
Can anyone check my character and provide some input on why my damage is abysmal compared to the PoB? I handle low and mid tier maps fine for the most part. Although, I failed a t6 blighted.. I'm lacking in currency but as got close as I can to the items recommended. PoB showing my dps around 75k where the leveling PoB showed being over 500k. Feels like I'm missing something important.
What a great build we have here, i'm impressed with the survivability and being able to do every map mod. But the most important thing is the amazing min-maxing options and variations.

This is my current setup:

I'm a fun of Totem Medium Cluster Jewel and taking Sleepless Sentrires and Ancestral Echo for Onslaught and Cast Speed.

I like to use this flasks while doing no regen or nasty corrupted T15/T16 maps:

And this other setup while doing other stuff:

Seriously Wallach, top notch guide, i have more thank 5k hours in this game and this is one of the bests guides i have ever seen. I'll recomend it, for sure, to friends who wanna play totems.
Last edited by M4nW1th0utF34r on Oct 2, 2020, 5:00:24 AM
Perhaps the first time i had so much FUN in POE. This build is a tremendous use of all aliments effect.

Well, first of all, i start with the "totem build guide of PathofMath", good build to leveling but lack of damage when you start to hit the red maps, but this survivability is insane. So, i decided to switch on this BUILD (needed 60 regrets orb ;( )... And when you start this build, you dont know exalcty what you need to POPOFF some huge damages.

And here it is, for mapping you need to know which affix have to be avoid : reflect elem, avoid aliments and no mana regen... Perhpas 50% reduced flask too because quicksilver need to be 100% uptime.

ATM i invest 5ex on the build (my second wand on my profile dropped on a Grand Heist... lucky me but not mandatory). You dont need to invest too MUCH on this build WHEN you can litteraly FREEZE/CHILL everything. One thing to notice, you need to reduce the % cold res on all ennemy by the max you can. SO, the PANDEMONIUS neck is mandatory to avoid a lot of "potential" One SHOT by some boss, the reduce action speed is the thing to avoid and TO SEE when the boss is gonna do a big SHOT so you can move more easily.

You are right, the damage in early can be weak, play carefully so. When you can freeze boss you can litterally afk near them :).

Ah yeah last thing, you have just so much mobility, you cant too much if you know how to put your totem and your feet. :)

Peace out, i gonna farm and play to have "the end game version " and if GGG doesnt nerf the freeze/chill effect, this build gonna have a reward next league.
"
popotm wrote:
Any Reason why we don't use EE in this build?.

I'm surprised how build grown thru leagues I played this in the past never seen the day I can kill Conqueror at A8 in instant 2sec also less than 3 min Sirius 0 death although scary fight so many times i got low lucky Vitality cluster save me.

Well, despite the wording, Elemental Equilibrium is applied by totems hits. Additionally, since we have Ancestral Bond, we would not be able to apply Elemental Equilibrium ourselves because our personal hits do not deal damage. So I don't know of a good way we could apply the right resistance penalty using it.
Guys, what do you think about using Void Battery with good rolls on MH? Is it worth it? I don't mean buying it, but it just has happened that I dropped one.

@Wallach I tried to find a Large Cluster Jewel with 3 notables on PoE treade, but right now there is now and the option with Medium Cluster Jewel is not not avaible, cause of lack of choice. What would you suggest to do in that situation? I have acquired the Large Cluster with 2 notables, so instead of 5 skill points I will have to use 7.

Lads, could you tell me if I am ready for the end game with my current equ? I am doing the t13-t14 now, but sometimes I notice the lack of damage for the bosses.

P.S. My apologies for the layout, I tried to made them horizontal, but just couldn;t.
Last edited by Galaerivel on Oct 2, 2020, 10:26:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info