[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

has it been mentioned that self flagellation has been nerfed from a potential 280% bonus to 200% because it soul mantle only applies hexes and not all 14 curses (4 marks taken out)
Curious if the Alt Faster Projectile Gem would be interesting.

Freezing pulse totems * 5, at 5 projectiles each, that return after they reach the end (which if you're using the Faster Proj gem will be off screen). The question becomes: When they return, are they reset back to full strength at the turn-around point, or are they still under their reduced damage?
"
pocket951 wrote:
has it been mentioned that self flagellation has been nerfed from a potential 280% bonus to 200% because it soul mantle only applies hexes and not all 14 curses (4 marks taken out)

cant tell if people just cant read or if too lazy to read... blows my mind
Hey, guys. This build can farm simulacrum and blight t13 with 6links Soul Mantle and without Atziri's Reflection?
"
Have you thought about league starting with fp totems, as you know everything about them, to farm the currency for a second build?
And then you end up upgrading your starter further and further until you realize all your currency went into it and never make another character. XD
Interesting Alternative Quality for the build:
Arcane Surge - 4% Mana Regen
Bonechill - 10% increased Effect of Chill on Enemies
Cold Snap - 20% increased Effect of Chill
Flame Dash - 20% increased Travel distance
Hypothermia - Enemies Frozen by Supported Skills have -4% to Cold Resistance
Summon Lightning Golem - 20% increased Buff Effect
Hatred - 20% increased Chill and Freeze Duration
Zealotry - Regenerate 0.40% of Life per second OR +5% to Critical Strike Multiplier
Frost Bomb - 20% increased Area of Effect

Maybe:
Frost Shield - 10% damage to shield (or Flame Wall with default quality?)
Steelskin - Buff can take 10% increased amount of Damage (CWDT)
Empower - 60% reduced Strength Requirement
Decoy Totem - Regenerate 20% of Life per second
Second Wind - +1 Cooldown Use (For flame dash)

More possible maximum damage but not consistent to use and will slow down clear speed if you stack less projectiles speed:
Freezing Pulse - Deals 80% of Damage
Projectiles gain Damage over time, dealing up to 60% more Damage by the time they dissipate

I got no idea in which situation you would want this (meme build maybe):
Freezing Pulse - Cannot Pierce Enemies

Default quality seem to be the best for Freezing Pulse.

Recommended setup should still be:
Freezing Pulse
Hypothermia (with alternative quality)
Empower
Awakened Cold Penetration
Awakened Added Cold Damage
Awakened Controlled Destruction
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Have you thought about league starting with fp totems, as you know everything about them, to farm the currency for a second build?
And then you end up upgrading your starter further and further until you realize all your currency went into it and never make another character. XD

Yeah, basically. Especially for me I'd probably just wind up playing Freezing Pulse totems to level 98 or something. I really need to try something new for a change.

I've done the preliminary updates for this guide for 3.12 that I've got time for right now. Really the only main thing of note for people that are familiar for this build are the curse changes. I personally would still recommend sticking to Frostbite until around maps when you have more mobility to get Dexterity on some gear pieces, and still use Frostbite as your main Arcane Surge trigger and general mapping curse. For map bosses and such, you'll just want to cast Frostbite -> Sniper's Mark to refresh Surge but apply the stronger curse to the boss, and it will get you used to applying both curses for when you can afford to upgrade to a Whispers of Doom amulet anointment (and an amulet worth putting it on).

There are still some tweaks to be made, and maybe some information about alternate quality gems to keep an eye out for, but Freezing Pulse itself is really not going to make use of either of the alternate qualities, so it'll mostly be about minor upgrades to our utility gems.
I really appreciate how quickly you updated this guide!

Everything is really detailed!
One thing I haven't added to the guide but is worth considering tomorrow while leveling that I just thought about - you can get Flame Wall at the same time you get Holy Flame Totem, which is probably worth checking out for leveling.
"
dejuvenate wrote:
Havent played totems in 2 years and considering making one for starting heist.

Could I ask a very obvious question?

Why fp over for example FBolt? Fb has higher damage and has no dmg dropoff that fp has. Or am I missing something?

Could I get an answer to this please?
discord id: dejuvenate#5828
Guides
[3.13 Ritual] Flameslinger - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3009295
[3.5 Betrayal] Brutus AW Chieftain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2320224
[3.4 Delve] Toxic Rain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2207700

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info