[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Hopefully it is just an oversight, but there qas no mention that self-flaggeration would be updated to work with hexes?
Well even though we will only be able to have 8 curses this isnt much of a damage nerf overall. You can get 2 ilvl75+ crusader rings instead of kikazarus and get up to 42% reduced curse effect on you with catalysts along with reaistnaces, life and potentially up to 25% spell damage on each ring. Also keeping up more than 8 courses is also very hard during mapping.

"
Hopefully it is just an oversight, but there qas no mention that self-flaggeration would be updated to work with hexes?

Hexes are still considered curses just have different tags
Hi there,

I'm in standard so don't have access to all the crafting option of Harvest league.
What could I do to improve this amulet ?

Options:
1) block prefix, scour, and multimod
2) slam it
3) ???
Last edited by Pacificator77 on Sep 16, 2020, 2:39:09 PM
Hey, I've been playing FP totem for a long time. Here my opinion on this patch notes (which seem like a decent damage buff overall):

With the new curse system, we lose 100% increased damage from Self-Flagellation (or 80% if we can get one Mark). This might look like a big nerf, but the damage of the build is already insanely high and the only time we actually get above 8 curses is when we fight bosses. So, slight nerf here.

Projectile Weakness -> Sniper's Mark is a damage buff:

Old: 55% (at 21/20) * 1.2 (Atziri's Reflection 20%) * 0.4 (Boss resistance to curse) = 26.4% more damage.
New: 41% (at 21/20) * 1.2 = 49.2% more damage.

This is a 22.8% more damage multiplier buff.

As for Hex, we will have to see the new gems numbers, but I would expect similar % as before or close to it (without Doom, using curse on hit, etc) and if we self-cast, then it would be another damage buff.

TLDR
Pro: Self-Flag nerfed but Proj Weakness buffed hard -> damage buff.
Freezing Pulse can now split when we use Sniper's Mark (not really useful in most situation but yea..)
Increased Effect of Curses is slightly better now (because of Mark).

Con: Have to self-cast Mark (and possibly also one Hex if we want to maximize our damage on boss) (We only cast curses on boss, so that doesn't really slow us down overall). If we use Awakened Hextouch Support, we won't gain Doom stacks. So we need to get +1 on amulet or in tree for max dps.

As for experimental gems and unique items, I don't expect any kind of buff from them for this build. Maybe Hypothermia? or Empower?
"
loloppe wrote:
Hey, I've been playing FP totem for a long time.

If you're tired of playing it, I could use your Soul Mantle!!
First time I see a +1/+2, congrats.
The actual curse change itself is a buff (just going from Projectile Weakness to Sniper's Mark), but we are going to lose a bunch of damage in the process of being able to apply it due to it being a Mark. So I'm not sure exactly how much of a gain it might be overall. The more I think about it, the play will probably be to drop the anoint for Whispers, and drop either Spell Cascade or Increased Duration and just put both curses in that link and self-cast both of them. This will prevent us from having to give up the Cold Snap CWDT (which is around 14-15% damage when enemies are inside the field) and only really requires us to cast the second curse on bosses, while keeping the Doom scaling and Arcane Surge ranks from self-casting Frostbite.

Worth noting, there are no rings that apply Sniper's Mark on hit. That mod does not appear to exist still in 3.12 looking through their mod list they dumped. So we really have no choice but to self-cast it if we want access.
Hey Hey, followed the FP guide back in delirium and was able to farm up a mirror's worth of currency with it at the time in a few weeks. loved it.

I know you tested some other totem skills out, i wanted to try GC totem, i read your comment about it and agree it probably wont be as good of clear but most likely will have better single target?

any other skills already in the game you found that compare to the effectiveness of FP totem?

What are your thoughts on something like blazing salvo totem?

Will obviously test GC out as i level and if it feels kinda iffy, might switch to FP again
"
TheGolas wrote:
Hey Hey, followed the FP guide back in delirium and was able to farm up a mirror's worth of currency with it at the time in a few weeks. loved it.

I know you tested some other totem skills out, i wanted to try GC totem, i read your comment about it and agree it probably wont be as good of clear but most likely will have better single target?

any other skills already in the game you found that compare to the effectiveness of FP totem?

What are your thoughts on something like blazing salvo totem?

Will obviously test GC out as i level and if it feels kinda iffy, might switch to FP again

I'm honestly not sure about Glacial Cascade because I am not interested enough to do simulations on it before the Path of Building fork updates. My concern is that on paper it's going to do very nice single target, but the positioning requirement of always hitting the boss with your final explosion is going to result in noticeably less performance than expected in practice. Salvo is in the same boat for me, I personally wouldn't trust totem targeting for a skill like that but it may turn out to be fairly strong. We'll know a bit more after the gem reveals today.

As far as other skills for totems, the most popular stuff (which generally correlates to the most effective stuff in a game like this) are Divine Ire and Shockwave Totem. The latter really needs Astral Projector to not suck so I wouldn't recommend it as a league starter but it definitely looks like a very strong totem build aside from that caveat. Divine Ire is what I would probably go with if I wanted a more single target focused totem build rather than Glacial Cascade, personally.
Yea i saw the shockwave totem looked good. Well ill test the GC as i level, but if it fails...probably back to FP again! unless i can think of another league starter in time :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info