[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
dejuvenate wrote:
"
dejuvenate wrote:
Havent played totems in 2 years and considering making one for starting heist.

Could I ask a very obvious question?

Why fp over for example FBolt? Fb has higher damage and has no dmg dropoff that fp has. Or am I missing something?

Could I get an answer to this please?

Didn't see your question - the main reason is simply that in practice, Frostbolt is a much slower skill than Freezing Pulse. It also has 1% lower base critical strike which actually matters quite a bit in terms of scaling critical strikes. The base damage difference isn't really enough to overcome these two things, especially the projectile speed.
Wallach, I want to thank you so much for this amazing guide. Question, is the "leveling guide" on page 1, pretty much up to date? just want to ask before I start leveling tomorrow.....

thanks so much!
"
Mentoya wrote:
Wallach, I want to thank you so much for this amazing guide. Question, is the "leveling guide" on page 1, pretty much up to date? just want to ask before I start leveling tomorrow.....

thanks so much!

It was just updated for Harvest; the only thing you might want to consider is grabbing Flame Wall (which should be available at the same time Holy Flame Totem is in Act 1). It's a completely new skill so I can't totally vouch for it yet, but it might be a nice leveling tool to drop across your Holy Flame Totem, at least for a while. Not something you'd leave in the build, though.

You could also consider grabbing Sniper's Mark while leveling (either from Siosa in Act 3 or Lily in Act 6) but it's not really going to be needed while leveling.
"
Wallach wrote:
"
Mentoya wrote:

thanks so much!

It was just updated for Harvest; the only thing you might want to consider is grabbing Flame Wall (which should be available at the same time Holy Flame Totem is in Act 1). It's a completely new skill so I can't totally vouch for it yet, but it might be a nice leveling tool to drop across your Holy Flame Totem, at least for a while. Not something you'd leave in the build, though.

You could also consider grabbing Sniper's Mark while leveling (either from Siosa in Act 3 or Lily in Act 6) but it's not really going to be needed while leveling.

sounds good, thanks for the quick response...
Wallach, thank you for the update video. I gotta say, I'm a lazy person and didn't read too much through the patch notes, but your explanation made it all super clear. :) Appreciate that!
Hi, Great guide.
I am really considering this as my starter in HC. Do you think it is viable ?
Thanks
Not recommended for HC. Whilst freezing everything is a great defensive layer, the lack of phy mitigation makes you vulnerable to the occasional 1-shot.
"
Wallach wrote:
"
Mentoya wrote:

thanks so much!

Thanks you for update, your guides, videos, POB, this is the build!
Many people follow this build, good work!

Good luck for all! x)
"
Wallach wrote:
"
dejuvenate wrote:
"
dejuvenate wrote:
Havent played totems in 2 years and considering making one for starting heist.

Could I ask a very obvious question?

Why fp over for example FBolt? Fb has higher damage and has no dmg dropoff that fp has. Or am I missing something?

Could I get an answer to this please?

Didn't see your question - the main reason is simply that in practice, Frostbolt is a much slower skill than Freezing Pulse. It also has 1% lower base critical strike which actually matters quite a bit in terms of scaling critical strikes. The base damage difference isn't really enough to overcome these two things, especially the projectile speed.

Thank you. So the deciding factor is the base crit and speed. Got it. I knew I was missing something obvious.

Thanks Wallach for maintaining the guide over many leagues now.
discord id: dejuvenate#5828
Guides
[3.13 Ritual] Flameslinger - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3009295
[3.5 Betrayal] Brutus AW Chieftain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2320224
[3.4 Delve] Toxic Rain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2207700
Hey guys, the new Soul Mantle has this reworked line - "Inflicts random hex on you when your totem dies, with 80% increased effect".

Is this a nerf to double kikazaru or what? means we cant negate the hexes using double kikazaru and sanctum of thoughts?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info