[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Huh, you're right. Looks like PoB doesn't have Mortal Conviction implemented, that's why it shows 75% reserved.
"
Viktranka wrote:
But yeah, you can play with mana too I think something like this build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sGCG3JxqI4

Looks nice, I'll check out the video, thanks for the suggestion!
How much the nerf is going to afflict this build?
"
Which nerf? The vengeful commander one?
Is a 6L soul mantle required for the build to work? it looks like it would be quite expensive as a starter. What would be a good starting chest?
"
Jhoira wrote:
Is a 6L soul mantle required for the build to work? it looks like it would be quite expensive as a starter. What would be a good starting chest?

Nah, you don't need a 6L for quite a while. Usually when I start maps I'll just have either a 4L or 5L Soul Mantle. Soul Mantle is a pretty common unique so it's not very hard to get a 4L/5L and a couple Kikazarus very quickly in trade league.

You will want a 6L eventually like any build, but even then a 6L Soul Mantle is among the cheaper 6L uniques you could want. Until you have a Soul Mantle and Kikazarus together you just stick with the Holy Flame Totem setup, which doesn't require any uniques at all.

The build doesn't get expensive unless you want to invest into the build for the top end stuff. That part will feel expensive because you will want an Atziri's Reflection to get over the scaling plateau and get access to things like Pain Attunement, auras and Watcher's Eye mods. But it's not particularly expensive to get the build into the 2-3 million Shaper DPS range before all that, and the path to getting there from league start is one of the easiest in the game in my opinion (at least when you start as HFT and swap into FP when you can slip into the Soul Mantle setup).
Wallach are you going to do update videos for Hiest?
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Which nerf? The vengeful commander one?

vengeful Commander, Divine Body, Glancing Bowl.
I don't think the nerfs overall are going to affect this build too much.

I may wind up just pulling all my Glancing Blows setup recommendations, as after that change it feels like it will no longer really be worth running without a Shaper shield on-block affix. But 3.11 was the only time I felt like it was worth considering, so it's not really much of a loss if it is no longer that reasonable to go for anymore.

Vengeful Commander nerf will cost us a little bit for sure, but we aren't really the primary target of that nerf and aren't as reliant on Hatred effect for overall DPS. Conversion builds are the ones that will actually feel that nerf.

"
ShenLon wrote:
Wallach are you going to do update videos for Hiest?

Yeah, I'll definitely be doing more videos for Heist, and should be streaming again once the league starts. Whether I actually league start with totems again I haven't decided, but I'll be updating the guide either way.
Last edited by Wallach on Sep 15, 2020, 5:47:36 AM
"
Wallach wrote:
"
Jhoira wrote:

Nah, you don't need a 6L for quite a while. Usually when I start maps I'll just have either a 4L or 5L Soul Mantle. Soul Mantle is a pretty common unique so it's not very hard to get a 4L/5L and a couple Kikazarus very quickly in trade league.

You will want a 6L eventually like any build, but even then a 6L Soul Mantle is among the cheaper 6L uniques you could want. Until you have a Soul Mantle and Kikazarus together you just stick with the Holy Flame Totem setup, which doesn't require any uniques at all.

The build doesn't get expensive unless you want to invest into the build for the top end stuff. That part will feel expensive because you will want an Atziri's Reflection to get over the scaling plateau and get access to things like Pain Attunement, auras and Watcher's Eye mods. But it's not particularly expensive to get the build into the 2-3 million Shaper DPS range before all that, and the path to getting there from league start is one of the easiest in the game in my opinion (at least when you start as HFT and swap into FP when you can slip into the Soul Mantle setup).

Thanks for the quick answer!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info