[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Dioktis wrote:
Hi guys! I am in early maps and so far it's very smooth to play. Got a few exalts to spend which gear would you recommend to buy first?

Your gear is very good for early maps. Quality on all your six linked gems will be a noticeable improvement though, and selling 20/0 gems to get 1/20 is kind of a painful wait. I doubt you really need the mana flask, adding another dps flask likely helps - Atziri's Promise for example. You may as well take cold snap to level 7 (I hadn't thought of vaal cold snap by the way). Your helmet gems are weird. Quality on flasks is very useful, and underrated.

Other than that, it's probably best to just save for the Reflection. There's no point having great gear until you get that.

Last edited by NoImagination on Jul 21, 2020, 2:41:25 PM
What would the best 3 suffixes for this be? It's a Hunter Item so I have access to Unnerve if this is a good place to get it.

Just trying to plan out next steps with the garden.

I can cast prefixes cannot be changed and target whatever is best.

Alternatively, if it's better to target a +1 Cold Skill +1 Spell Skill instead let me know, I just found this on Trade with 3 T1 rolls and thought it might be a fun project.
livejamie
Last edited by livejamie on Jul 23, 2020, 6:25:26 AM
"
livejamie wrote:
What would the best 3 suffixes for this be? It's a Hunter Item so I have access to Unnerve if this is a good place to get it.

Just trying to plan out next steps with the garden.

I can cast prefixes cannot be changed and target whatever is best.

Alternatively, if it's better to target a +1 Cold Skill +1 Spell Skill instead let me know, I just found this on Trade with 3 T1 rolls and thought it might be a fun project.

If you want to go big, i'd rather go for a +1cold +1 all. I don't know if it's worth it to spend 2ex on the craft + several caster augs & remove/add until you hit decent suffixes.

Cast speed, crit chance & crit multi. +2 gems is probably better, but you'd have to check in POB. Personally, I take unnerve via Blade Blast/curse on hit, it's only relevant for bosses as everything else is one shot.
Made these today, thought I'd go for something different than +damage to spells.

Last edited by NoImagination on Jul 23, 2020, 12:36:10 PM
"
NoImagination wrote:
"
Dioktis wrote:
Hi guys! I am in early maps and so far it's very smooth to play. Got a few exalts to spend which gear would you recommend to buy first?

Your gear is very good for early maps. Quality on all your six linked gems will be a noticeable improvement though, and selling 20/0 gems to get 1/20 is kind of a painful wait. I doubt you really need the mana flask, adding another dps flask likely helps - Atziri's Promise for example. You may as well take cold snap to level 7 (I hadn't thought of vaal cold snap by the way). Your helmet gems are weird. Quality on flasks is very useful, and underrated.

Other than that, it's probably best to just save for the Reflection. There's no point having great gear until you get that.

Thank you very much for the tips! As for the helmet gems, I took the ones recommended from the guide. Just for clarity, what's "weird" about them?
Last edited by Dioktis on Jul 23, 2020, 4:56:47 PM
Ended up making this today:

For the last suffix I can bench craft 18% Cast Speed, which is probably better than trying to hit 22% Cast Speed.

Question for you guys would be is it worth going for 46% Proj Speed here instead?

Trigger a socketed spell is an option here but I don't think the build needs it.
livejamie
You can just harvestcraft speed mod over and over until you hit t1 castspeed
"
muhnie wrote:
You can just harvestcraft speed mod over and over until you hit t1 castspeed

Sounds expensive at 1ex a roll, is Proj Speed or Trigger going to be better?
livejamie
Made this tonight :)

I think that's most of the complicated stuff out of the way now.
livejamie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info