[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

What should be the optimal gear/gems priority buying list?
"
NoImagination wrote:

Then craft it up from there. I did this, as it was relatively easy to add the other affixes. I'm not sure what's technically the best wand, but it's close enough. Cast speed is super important, and hard for you to add though.

Profane Wand with

109% increased Spell Damage
25% increased Cast Speed
109% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells
+38% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
+1 to Level of all Spell Skill Gems
+1 to Level of all Cold Spell Skill Gems

should technically be the best wand.
Yours can be modfied even closer to it if you have the currency to augment multi with harvest, remove the chaos prefix and craft spell damage + cold as extra chaos. Should give you some decent damage boost as well
"
Kirbek wrote:
"
NoImagination wrote:

Then craft it up from there. I did this, as it was relatively easy to add the other affixes. I'm not sure what's technically the best wand, but it's close enough. Cast speed is super important, and hard for you to add though.

Profane Wand with

25% increased Cast Speed

Yours can be modfied even closer to it if you have the currency to augment multi with harvest, remove the chaos prefix and craft spell damage + cold as extra chaos. Should give you some decent damage boost as well

Ah yes, thanks. I forgot about Jun. It's a bit risky though - I'd need to remove the crafted multi, hope I hit a good one in the Garden, then add the Jun craft. Currency isn't the problem really, but trying to add/remove crit seven hundred times seems frustrating.

You can get 28% cast speed with an essence by the way. I did consider it, but you pretty much need to hit it with all spell skill gems to be viable, and that's vanishingly rare.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jul 20, 2020, 1:47:28 PM
"
NoImagination wrote:
"
Kirbek wrote:
"
NoImagination wrote:

Profane Wand with

25% increased Cast Speed

Ah yes, thanks. I forgot about Jun. It's a bit risky though - I'd need to remove the crafted multi, hope I hit a good one in the Garden, then add the Jun craft. Currency isn't the problem really, but trying to add/remove crit seven hundred times seems frustrating.

Yes, it could really melt some currency and i'm not sure how much DPS you'd gain.

There's six tiers of multi and six tiers of local crit chance

local crit chance is bad, but can be removed with an attack annull
T1 and T2 multi would be a win
T3-T6 multi would need remove/add crit which can brick your T1 chance to spells

"
NoImagination wrote:

You can get 28% cast speed with an essence by the way. I did consider it, but you pretty much need to hit it with all spell skill gems to be viable, and that's vanishingly rare.

You can buy +1 to all spell fractured wand and essence spam it.
"
Kirbek wrote:
Yes, it could really melt some currency and i'm not sure how much DPS you'd gain.

There's six tiers of multi and six tiers of local crit chance

local crit chance is bad, but can be removed with an attack annull
T1 and T2 multi would be a win
T3-T6 multi would need remove/add crit which can brick your T1 chance to spells

Remove extra chaos, remove crafted multi, add cannot roll attack mods: 36 crit combinations, of which I'm comfortable with 4 (11, 22, 12, 21), so 1/9. I already have 7 add/remove crit, if I buy a field of them and hit a couple more, I'm ~70% to hit it at least once.

In the morning I'll check POB to see how much of a boost it is. Seems like it should be a big one though, thanks for the suggestion. I was just going to do add/remove chaos spam and hit 1/40 or something for the T1.

"
Achnod wrote:
"
NoImagination wrote:

You can buy +1 to all spell fractured wand and essence spam it.

Ah, good idea, as we don't need influence on the wand...
Last edited by NoImagination on Jul 20, 2020, 2:09:26 PM
Starting to wonder if +3 wands is a possibility?

Fractured + 1 to all spell
Fossil spam faced for +1 to int spell
Harvest craft + 1 to cold.

Pob doesnt give a dps increased thought
"
Achnod wrote:
Starting to wonder if +3 wands is a possibility?

Fractured + 1 to all spell
Fossil spam faced for +1 to int spell
Harvest craft + 1 to cold.

Pob doesnt give a dps increased thought

Problem with that is: what do you give up in exchange?

You're either gonna lose crit chance, multi or cast speed. I don't think the +1 would actually offer a dps boost over any of these - even if it does, it's probably incredibly minute and not worth the cost at all.

Tbh, I'd drop the projectile speed on my current wand.

I'll probably do it as a side project once I hit lvl 100.
Delve suffix is socketed gems I'm afraid.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jul 20, 2020, 8:24:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info