[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Dioktis wrote:
Thank you very much for the tips! As for the helmet gems, I took the ones recommended from the guide. Just for clarity, what's "weird" about them?

Ah, guide is different than when I read it last.
"
livejamie wrote:
Ended up making this today:

For the last suffix I can bench craft 18% Cast Speed, which is probably better than trying to hit 22% Cast Speed.

Question for you guys would be is it worth going for 46% Proj Speed here instead?

Trigger a socketed spell is an option here but I don't think the build needs it.

I have a similar wand and I bench crafted cast speed. However, I already had t1 proj speed on hit and using harvest craft would have been to much of a gamble. If you have the money, I'd go with harvest craft and go nut.

Make a full t1 seed garden, buy the blossoms that increase the chances of additional craft + chances to get the best craft (they cost around 1 ex each but will last about 100 seeds) and go nuts.

"
livejamie wrote:
Made this tonight :)

I think that's most of the complicated stuff out of the way now.

Why so much res? Amulet is one of the best place to get offensive stats. I'd drop the chaos res and go for cast speed.
"
Achnod wrote:
"
livejamie wrote:
Ended up making this today:

For the last suffix I can bench craft 18% Cast Speed, which is probably better than trying to hit 22% Cast Speed.

Question for you guys would be is it worth going for 46% Proj Speed here instead?

Trigger a socketed spell is an option here but I don't think the build needs it.

I have a similar wand and I bench crafted cast speed. However, I already had t1 proj speed on hit and using harvest craft would have been to much of a gamble. If you have the money, I'd go with harvest craft and go nut.

Make a full t1 seed garden, buy the blossoms that increase the chances of additional craft + chances to get the best craft (they cost around 1 ex each but will last about 100 seeds) and go nuts.

"
livejamie wrote:
Made this tonight :)

I think that's most of the complicated stuff out of the way now.

Why so much res? Amulet is one of the best place to get offensive stats. I'd drop the chaos res and go for cast speed.

Oh I was just nervous about capping resistances are 13% cast speed didn't seem like a big difference to me.

I trust you though.

I'll level up the character today and start playing around with it. :)
livejamie
Cast speed and crit multi are the most underrated stats for this build.

I capped resists with 2x on boots, 1x on gloves, and everything else on cluster jewels. It's not trivial, but it's doable.

Also, congratulations on the great items everyone. What do we do next season? I don't think I can handle having terrible normal gear...
Last edited by NoImagination on Jul 24, 2020, 3:52:05 PM
Just looking for any help on where i can improve my gear
https://pastebin.com/HNfKWnFa
Question: Is wearing two essence worm rings recommended at high levels? Doesn't your eHP take a huge hit? I don't want to be too squishy.

Or is running Zealotry worth the eHP loss?
livejamie
Two more questions: Is it better to craft on Armour Bases or ES Bases? Or something else?

Do people use the Life enchant on Soul Mantle?
livejamie
Last edited by livejamie on Jul 25, 2020, 12:09:28 AM
"
LarryD wrote:

21/23 FP will help a lot. Second essence worm, upgrade onslaught flask to e.g. Cinderswallow. Make a hat with a better enchant, then you're probably into crafting stuff like better wand, boots, etc.

"
livejamie wrote:
Question: Is wearing two essence worm rings recommended at high levels? Doesn't your eHP take a huge hit? I don't want to be too squishy.

Zealotry PLUS more mods on your Eye is a big change. I'm 477k dps to 369k if I turn Zealotry off in hideout, even though my 3rd Eye mod is elemental penetration. I'm also 7.8k ehp with 75/42 block, which feels fine to me.

"
livejamie wrote:
Two more questions: Is it better to craft on Armour Bases or ES Bases? Or something else?

I don't think AR is worth it because we aren't getting any %AR boosts anywhere. I took AR/ES with boots because I needed the resist colours, but that's my only source. In an ideal world, we'd have 60 dex on something, so EV on helmet is one potential source. Seems better to me to take straight evasion or EV/ES. Having 10% evasion or whatever seems better to me than another 200 ehp.

Perhaps the Soul Mantle life enchant is worth it, but we need corrupted Mantles, so getting the enchant on 50 copies before corrupting them seems more than a little painful.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jul 25, 2020, 2:40:58 AM
"
NoImagination wrote:
"
LarryD wrote:

21/23 FP will help a lot. Second essence worm, upgrade onslaught flask to e.g. Cinderswallow. Make a hat with a better enchant, then you're probably into crafting stuff like better wand, boots, etc.

"
livejamie wrote:

Zealotry PLUS more mods on your Eye is a big change. I'm 477k dps to 369k if I turn Zealotry off in hideout, even though my 3rd Eye mod is elemental penetration. I'm also 7.8k ehp with 75/42 block, which feels fine to me.

"
livejamie wrote:

Thanks for your answer!

I don't think AR is worth it because we aren't getting any %AR boosts anywhere. I took AR/ES with boots because I needed the resist colours, but that's my only source. In an ideal world, we'd have 60 dex on something, so EV on helmet is one potential source. Seems better to me to take straight evasion or EV/ES. Having 10% evasion or whatever seems better to me than another 200 ehp.

Perhaps the Soul Mantle life enchant is worth it, but we need corrupted Mantles, so getting the enchant on 50 copies before corrupting them seems more than a little painful.

I ended up crafting this:

I was previously working on this:

livejamie
how would you guys start crafting, if you have a wand with fractured chaosdamage/castspeed?

altspam +all skill gems, regal, and start harvestcrafting?
or maybe altspam, then add 4 high tier modifiers and hope for the best?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info