[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

HI can u check my guy if i put cluster in correct way here's my character https://pastebin.com/HjK0XJQ7
thanx in advance
I'm asking again since my last post of this got put on the last post of a page: is it worth anointing Doom Cast (+60% critical Strike chance for spells, +15% critical strike multiplier for spells)?
"
Teferi1109 wrote:
I'm asking again since my last post of this got put on the last post of a page: is it worth anointing Doom Cast (+60% critical Strike chance for spells, +15% critical strike multiplier for spells)?

Flash Freeze is probably better for non-block versions due to projectile speed as well as damage. Part of the benefit is definitely that it's cheaper though.

Arcane Swiftness is a lot better if you use block.
"
Dofolo wrote:
"
NoImagination wrote:
Quality on your DPS gems will help, as will a 20/20 freezing pulse. If you're going to use a shield, get +1 totems, or +1 gems. Otherwise, a second wand is almost certainly better, or at least take glancing blows.

Is your cold resist your highest? POB doesn't handle cluster jewels well, so I can't tell.

Cold is 86, rest 85 :D
I got the FP at 19/20 for like 2C, figured that was cheaper then 20/20 my 20/0 one. Almost 20/20 that one now.

A 2nd wand, that's actually a good one. I can pile on some more crit stuff/dmg and get two +1s I suppose. +2 wands are ridiculous price wise ^^

I've went around rlr expensive wands by buying that one, its not bis but it works, when i have more money I can try and fracture either suff (risky) so i can craft cs or prefix for crafting add dmg, sadly no proj speed but +2 is worth it. Also it was cheap.

Also I have question, I've started to craft those boots, how am I suppose to go around "my totems crit, not me" use storm brand for curse on crit? Whats the most optimal gem setup for SB crit?

Thanks

I'm trying something like that too - using frost bolt with awakened curse on crit at the moment, as it has higher crit chance... I used Blade Blast before, and that may be better. Your totems can still get elusive & phasing by the way (and onslaught, which I hope to add to the boots once some seeds finishing growing).
Last edited by NoImagination on Jul 15, 2020, 9:41:30 AM
Honestly did not expect to stomp literally all content with this build. Last time I've played totems was like 5 leagues ago using Arc. Didn't expect much out of FP but boy did it deliver! Managed to eek out ~1M realistic PoB dps per totem with gear that's worth a total of ~20-25 Ex (No +1 Soul Mantle, no Empower, only +1 wand, mediocre watcher's eye) and don't even feel like it is worth pushing it further, because clear and damage already feel really good.
Easy deathless Shaper, Elder, UElder, A8 Sirus, Uber Atziri, Cortex, Harvest final boss (with all achievements on 1st try, cause why not), etc.
Feels really smooth, definitely can recommend both as a league starter and comfortable end game farmer (and there's still space to improve!).
Again, I did not expect totems to do so well :)
Hi - what map mods to avoid with this build?
"
Lupofin wrote:

Ele reflect is a problem, as is no regen. For the former, you have to go slow, for the latter, you need to switch a flask. You can complete those maps.

I've been doing T19 20% delirium, and at that point you need to worry about some of the offensive mods. I've died on reduced block & reduced ailment maps. Also, of course, those maps are hard, and you can just die sometimes. Before that, you can do any of the content.
"
Lupofin wrote:

In addition to that, there are some more things to look out for:

- Burning ground in combination with "reduced recovery rate of life", personally I switch to Soul of Abberath for those maps, if you do, don't forget to switch back afterwards,

- Monsters have chance to avoid ailments, this is no big deal usually, just watch out if there are porcupines on the map, or abominations, they explode corpses if nothing shatters,

- Chain can be a pain, especially in Incursions or Delve.

- Chilled ground is annoying, because your totems start casting with a longer delay. If you have a very offensive playstyle, you might have to adapt to this. (I think that totems don't get reduced effect of chill, as you do with the Brine King pantheon, but that's just my own experience)

Nothing of these are undoable, but if you try to level to 100, which I did with this build, it's truly amazing, they can set you back easily. ;)
Last edited by Altschulinho on Jul 17, 2020, 5:50:27 AM
Hey guys,
This build is great and atm I'm trying to get to end game gear. Can anyone tell me if the Redeemer Suffix "Nearby enemies have -x cold resistance" can be crafted with the "Augment an item with a cold modifier" when using a Redeemer influenced helmet?
Thx in advance

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info