[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

is it worth to slot in zelaotry if u are using cheap version of the build insteade of 1 increased duration? , nvm clear mind cobalt jewel is better
Last edited by exilekami on Jul 12, 2020, 1:23:27 PM
Is the projectile speed significantly better than the FP dmg enchant on helm?
"
NoImagination wrote:
This league has its critics, but crafting great items is pretty fun. Not finished the amulet or wand, though they're already nice.

Next up, shoes...

Those are amazing. I looked at your character and it is where I dream of getting someday. Did you make the wand / amulet? If so can you give me advice on how to replicate? I did not know such amazing items exist.
"
NoImagination wrote:
"
anastazjasz wrote:
Nice eq, can u give me some advice/description of steps how to craft helmet like that?

First, buy an 85 helmet with 30% freezing pulse speed.

Two of the Redeemer suffixes can't be crafted away, so you need to have blocked all suffixes when you use the Redeemer Orb. It's probably easiest to use the 'cannot change suffixes' benchcraft. Then remove that new prefix if you want - I hit the good one, so kept it. Of course, you can simply scour if you need to, and start with the influence.

You add -9% cold resist with a cold craft. You can't block % chance to freeze because it has the same tags - and you don't want it on the finished helmet. You can block cold resist with a bench craft though. And you need full or blocked prefixes by this point. That leaves you on 250/1250 to hit it, so you'll need a few add/remove cold.

Other than that, it's easy. Getting double life rolls will take a long time if you want both T1, so I settled for a T2 on the hybrid defence/life mod.

Other way is to just add the Redeemer's orb and then throw some frigid fossils (2c per try) on it, every 10 or so you get -9% cold res, so you can do that until you get 1 or 2 more nice mods an no non-removeabe ones, and then remove shit and add the rest via harvest crafting.
You often also get cold resistance which you can change to another element and then upgrade the tier if it isn't good enough.
Last edited by zweckform on Jul 12, 2020, 2:50:39 PM
"
Turtles4UPS wrote:
Is the projectile speed significantly better than the FP dmg enchant on helm?

Well, it's very good, and is better DPS unless you're standing next to what you're killing.

"
Turtles4UPS wrote:
"
NoImagination wrote:
This league has its critics, but crafting great items is pretty fun. Not finished the amulet or wand, though they're already nice.

Next up, shoes...

Those are amazing. I looked at your character and it is where I dream of getting someday. Did you make the wand / amulet? If so can you give me advice on how to replicate? I did not know such amazing items exist.

The amulet comes from using awakener orb - both items need to have only one influence mod, which is +1 gems. I used trade to get those.

The wand is harder - you have to buy a +1 skill gems wand of the right ilvl & base, strip away the mods you don't want, then block suffixes and adds # cold damage to spells. Cannot roll attack mods helps a little too. You're left with 1150 into 16,711 or 20,831 if you didn't add cannot roll attack mods. I got super lucky and hit it first or second try.

"
zweckform wrote:
Other way is to just add the Redeemer's orb and then throw some frigid fossils (2c per try) on it, every 10 or so you get -9% cold res, so you can do that until you get 1 or 2 more nice mods an no non-removeabe ones, and then remove shit and add the rest via harvest crafting.
You often also get cold resistance which you can change to another element and then upgrade the tier if it isn't good enough.

Sounds like a better plan if those are the odds, the limiting factor is almost always how many crafts you can harvest, rather than the currency.
"
zweckform wrote:
"
NoImagination wrote:
"
anastazjasz wrote:
Nice eq, can u give me some advice/description of steps how to craft helmet like that?

First, buy an 85 helmet with 30% freezing pulse speed.

Two of the Redeemer suffixes can't be crafted away, so you need to have blocked all suffixes when you use the Redeemer Orb. It's probably easiest to use the 'cannot change suffixes' benchcraft. Then remove that new prefix if you want - I hit the good one, so kept it. Of course, you can simply scour if you need to, and start with the influence.

You add -9% cold resist with a cold craft. You can't block % chance to freeze because it has the same tags - and you don't want it on the finished helmet. You can block cold resist with a bench craft though. And you need full or blocked prefixes by this point. That leaves you on 250/1250 to hit it, so you'll need a few add/remove cold.

Other than that, it's easy. Getting double life rolls will take a long time if you want both T1, so I settled for a T2 on the hybrid defence/life mod.

Got one, bought a base, unfortunately at the time only hubris was online, few crafts later (pretty smooth actually, all the mods are ez to block and then force), also for now I'm running with mana, maybe will change for es/life and then use catalyst to buff either life or res, still need to get normal gloves and boots so I know more about my res.

Btw this 30% proj speed is huge qol for mapping.

I'm new to POE and this build has helped me get a great start to the game. I'm level 90 and was following the no cluster skill tree from POB since it shows as having higher DPS. Am I missing something? not really sure where to go in the tree now.

Also, any suggestions on what to work to upgrade next? Have about 2ex to invest into the build, and I was leaning at getting a 21/20 freezing pulse.
Really having fun with this build. Pretty much done all content (except for aul) deathless.

"
I'm new to POE and this build has helped me get a great start to the game. I'm level 90 and was following the no cluster skill tree from POB since it shows as having higher DPS. Am I missing something? not really sure where to go in the tree now.

Also, any suggestions on what to work to upgrade next? Have about 2ex to invest into the build, and I was leaning at getting a 21/20 freezing pulse.

Your character is private, so can't tell. POB doesn't seem to handle cluster jewels properly - for whatever it's worth, my hideout dps is 330k with auras on and nothing else.
did your totems insta die to uber atziri?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info