[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Wallach wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Spoiler
"
Wallach wrote:
The shock that is applied via Cold Conduction is always a 15% magnitude shock regardless of how strong of a chill was applied to the target. So any increased effect of non-damaging ailments is applied against this 15% value.
That's absolutely bonkers. So with just 30% increased effect of non-damaging ailments, that's damage equal to 0.164% of enemy ailment threshold (normally their max Life, but less in the case of big bads like Shaper) to trigger a 19% shock. To get a shock of the same strength without Cold Conduction with the same 30% increased effect of non-damaging ailments, you'd need 30 times as much lightning damage. That does come with the downside of cold damage unable to break a 19% cap on effect vs trash mobs, but that's more than worth it for such a massive shock effect against rare and unique enemies with so little effort.

Additional investment in Increased Effect of Non-damaging Ailments makes for BOTH bigger Shocks AND an even lower damage threshold to achieve them. This is essentially double-dipping. At 200% increased effect, damage of just 0.02% triggers a 45% Shock, which would normally require 243 times as much lightning damage even with the same 200% increased effect.

I'm not saying you're wrong about what Cold Conduction does, but if you're right it should be nerfed without question and as quickly as possible. Something like "Your Damage that Chills always Shocks, with modifiers to Chill Effect also applying to Shock Effect / Your Damage that Shocks always Chills, with modifiers to Shock Effect also applying to Chill Effect" would be fine; you'd need the language regarding modifiers to ensure no Chills create Shocks below the 5% "discard" threshold and vice versa.

As such, I kinda hope you're wrong. That's not about evidence, it's about preference.
Seems to be how it works for these conditional Shock effects, like Skitterbots' aura or Vaal Lightning Trap. They always apply a 15% Shock effect (though in the case of Skitterbots they are minions, so they instead put increased effect of Shock on the gem itself for minions specifically).

They have different language for the kind of effect you're talking about, like on the Three Dragons helmet, which just says "Your Cold Damage can Shock", which would then calculate against the threshold like usual.
Yes, but you can't increase the Skitterbot Shock with increased effect of shock. Elementalist (Witch or Scion) can, but that's an entire Ascendancy notable. Interestingly, a notable with 30% increased effect of non-damaging ailments tacked on...

...so in short, it's 3 normal passive points and a Medium Cluster for roughly the same payoff as 2 Ascendancy points (Beacon of Ruin + 10% elemental damage in front of it). If that's not heinously overpowered, then Beacon of Ruin is heinously underpowered.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jul 6, 2020, 9:42:50 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

If that's not heinously overpowered, then Beacon of Ruin is heinously underpowered.

Honestly I think it's the latter. Elementalist has been in a pretty bad spot for a long time now, as far as I'm aware. It's used pretty much exclusively for golem builds now, rather than any elemental spellcasting.
Current helm I'm trying to finish crafting. I need a remove cold modifier, add cold modifier and trying to roll nearby enemies have -X cold resistance.

Last edited by GenuineProdigy on Jul 6, 2020, 10:20:51 PM
"
Current helm I'm trying to finish crafting. I need a remove cold modifier, add cold modifier and trying to roll nearby enemies have -X cold resistance.

Looks like you're doing it similar to me - but I suggest removing that cold resist and having that as a mastercraft instead. Cold resist is pretty useless to us, and this way you can replace it with a fire or lightning resist instead. I think ideally, you'd do this on an already-enchanted helmet too.

(This took me aaaaages, so I'll post it twice!)
Last edited by NoImagination on Jul 7, 2020, 12:27:57 AM
soo i had temple corruption room and used 6 linked 2 white socket. . .

next time :D
This league you can also go for hunter+redeemer

Anterior leagues you hat to be really lucky with the awakeners orb, this league you just need to hope you don't hit a low attribute roll or something else that can't be removed.

The low mana roll is a little bit sad, but I'll have to accept this one

When I ever get lucky with my gardening or make enough money, I'll add a T1 life instead of the craft
"
zweckform wrote:
This league you can also go for hunter+redeemer

Anterior leagues you hat to be really lucky with the awakeners orb, this league you just need to hope you don't hit a low attribute roll or something else that can't be removed.

The low mana roll is a little bit sad, but I'll have to accept this one

When I ever get lucky with my gardening or make enough money, I'll add a T1 life instead of the craft

what a lovely helmet well done :)

indeed this league we have a chance to create gear witch would be most to impossible for most of casuals
"
zweckform wrote:
Death Star?
Death Star Hubris Circlet?

When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jul 7, 2020, 2:55:26 AM
For end game (level 95+), how much Life should we aim for ? I'm currently sitting at 3670 life (1000 ES, 2700 Mana)) and I was annihilated by the alluring version of Aztiri (the blasts were covering almost all the area so I couldnt get out of it)

My current tooltip DPS is 125K in hideout (hatred/zealot active)
here's my current gear:

What settings are people using in POB? I feel like I should be on decent DPS, but it's saying ~1m for me - presumably per totem?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info