[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Castellani wrote:
Is that hideout hover tooltip of your DPS with no totems active? Still quite a difference even with a 10 point skill difference. Unfortunately PoB doesn't seem to give me an accurate match when importing my character to compare. I'll keep digging.

I'm hoping to kill Sirus soon as well!

Levels start meaning more the higher you get, so it seems about right to me.

Last edited by NoImagination on Jun 23, 2020, 3:29:16 PM
"
NoImagination wrote:
"
Castellani wrote:
Is that hideout hover tooltip of your DPS with no totems active? Still quite a difference even with a 10 point skill difference. Unfortunately PoB doesn't seem to give me an accurate match when importing my character to compare. I'll keep digging.

I'm hoping to kill Sirus soon as well!

Levels start meaning more the higher you get, so it seems about right to me.

Thanks for the picture; it appears you have more flat cold and additional chaos damage, more than likely because your gems are also at a higher level than mine.

I will report back once I'm more levelled up! Thanks for your perspective.

Here is mine for reference:

Dropped vaal rf and now im using tempest shield, with glancing blows, t14 is a joke, never got my hp down, mom, tempest shield, glancing blows, steelskin, 3 endurance make me a f.. tank ... and the clear speed is brutal, really nice build.
there are some trade scammers on the market switching out 6link soul mantle. watch carefully when you trade for your 6links

some guy just tryed that trick on me
Last edited by Sazzbot on Jun 24, 2020, 4:46:43 AM
Added a new league start video for days 4 & 5 for those following those.

I'll probably update the guide again further this week, but I figured I'd go over my thoughts now that I've had a few days in maps:

- I like Glancing Blows as a main addition to the build. Not only does it add a significant amount of mitigation in an area we were pretty hurting for (physical hits), it does so without too much interference elsewhere in the build. It also opens up some new build options for those that are keen to try this build in hardcore as it doesn't take much more investment beyond the keystone and a Rumi's to actually cap on both attack and spell block. I'll probably just offer two skill tree routes (one with Glancing Blows and one without) as I'm sure there are some who have played this build in prior leagues and would prefer the higher DPS potential of skipping Glancing Blows for more optimal damage cluster options in softcore.

- I've taken a liking to running Vaal Grace over a damage-boosting Vaal skill in my main CWDT setup. It gives you another layer of defense to consider adding and is pretty trivially accessible even in SSF just dropping some Vaal Orbs on vendor purchased Grace gems. If you're still looking for more layers to add for Hardcore considerations (or just to make things like Delirium content easier), consider picking up Vaal Grace.

- There are more optional gem links that are all pretty reasonable to consider. If you're running Glancing Blows, you can dump your CWDT Cold Snap for a CWDT Tempest Shield + Increased Duration for more spell block (you'll likely already be attack blocked with Rumi's Concoction if you're wearing a shield). Or you could dump the CWDT Cold Snap setup and move a self-cast Frost Bomb setup there (dropping Increased Area Support), and use the Multiple Totems / Spell Totem link for a Blade Blast totem for access to Unnerve without the need for high-end Hunter influence gloves.

- The changes to cluster jewel weightings frankly suck and really make it harder to justify going through a large cluster to get access to two mediums. It's still going to be optimal I think (at minimum for those skipping Glancing Blows) but it's going to add even more cost to the high end of gearing, which is painful considering one of our best upgrades is already quite expensive in Atziri's Reflection. This is one area I hope they reconsider as I think it did unnecessary harm to the game's build variety. Nerfing the problem notables and general power of cluster jewels should have been enough.

All told I think the 3.11 changes have made the build better overall and really have only given us a bit more options in how to modify it to your preference.
"
Sazzbot wrote:
there are some trade scammers on the market switching out 6link soul mantle. watch carefully when you trade for your 6links

some guy just tryed that trick on me

I had that too a couple of days ago. GGG really should ban scammers...
"
Yoyibelle wrote:
Dropped vaal rf and now im using tempest shield, with glancing blows, t14 is a joke, never got my hp down, mom, tempest shield, glancing blows, steelskin, 3 endurance make me a f.. tank ... and the clear speed is brutal, really nice build.

you manually use tempest shield?
Hi, I am really enjoying the build, I am just wondering how I would try to craft a decent wand to replace Taryn's, as I have not had much success crafting one so far
Would it be possible to get a tree without cluster jewels? I got a good idea but i'd like to get your input. I think it would really help since a decent large jewels are probably going to be more expensive than reflection
"
Achnod wrote:
Would it be possible to get a tree without cluster jewels? I got a good idea but i'd like to get your input. I think it would really help since a decent large jewels are probably going to be more expensive than reflection

Struggled with this as well, but even a shitty large cluster jewel with 1 notable and 8 small points gives 100% cold damage increase WORST case (12% a small point, and a 20-30% notable) ... tree wise, you're not going to beat that damage wise.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info