[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Hi, I am new to the build and am quite surprised how efficient it is as a lvling build. I have a question though, on my skill tooltip for FP, it shows higher damage when using hatred as compared to clear mind jewel (with no mana reservation). Am i missing something or does the tooltip not add the dmg properly?
"
acrophobic wrote:
Hi, I am new to the build and am quite surprised how efficient it is as a lvling build. I have a question though, on my skill tooltip for FP, it shows higher damage when using hatred as compared to clear mind jewel (with no mana reservation). Am i missing something or does the tooltip not add the dmg properly?

Pay attention to curses, assuming you have the soul mantle yet, and use self-flaggelation. And charges provided you did 3rd lab. All have an effect.

Hatred should not out damage clear mind, tho you can have a very low dmg roll on clear mind (and on self-flaggelation) I guess.
Last edited by Dofolo on Jun 23, 2020, 10:20:45 AM
Self-flagaration works with both hatred and non hatred specs so that should not affect. I am talking about just the dps shown on my tooltip in game for FP.

Seems like I see more damage with hatred on as compared to with hatred off and clear mind in effect.

Would anyone be able to check if their tooltip shows the same?
"
acrophobic wrote:
Self-flagaration works with both hatred and non hatred specs so that should not affect. I am talking about just the dps shown on my tooltip in game for FP.

Seems like I see more damage with hatred on as compared to with hatred off and clear mind in effect.

Would anyone be able to check if their tooltip shows the same?

Of course Hatred gives more damage. But you lose a lot of EHP. This is a Mind over Matter build, reserving 50% of your mana for a bit of damage is not a good idea.
"
Sazzbot wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:

Yea, clusters were insanely hard to make. The only positive thing that negates it a bit is the alteration cost. I bought 8000 alts for 320c.

And with a lot of crafting, throwing in some beast crafting to add prefix/suffix, and even imprinting (imprint beasts are only 26c) once I hit 2 sockets and Blanketed Snow, I eventually finished my cluster setup:

For testing I threw that large cluster jewel in a public stash, got of course spammed, and the highest offer was 9ex. So i think there are a lot of people frustrated by how hard it is to roll clusters.

During the process I made the most insane large cluster btw:

Everyone who has tried crafting them this league knows how incredibly unlikely it is to hit 2 sockets and 3 notables. Now add to that, that both Blanketed Snow and Doryani's lesson are weighted at 90, so incredibly rare. Not sure if any build uses this combo, but the novelty alone made me keep it.

Thanks for sharing. Does this mean its difficult to obtain more dps without paying a high cost? Is it worth continuing pulse totem? or reroll something else now?

Getting the best in slot cluster jewels is expensive. I was using other, easily made and cheap ones and had no problems in T16s or with the endgame bosses. For example, instead of the two mediums I linked you can use 2 projectile damage mediums with Repeater and Streamlined, they cost 10c or less.
Last edited by Mecielle on Jun 23, 2020, 10:39:59 AM
Cast When Damage Taken and Steelskin?

What level have for work?
Anyone mind sharing what their unbuffed FP DPS tooltip's are? I'm at level 80 now and trying to see areas in which I can improve whether it be on the passive tree or gear.

Currently at 43k DPS unbuffed which I feel is quite low in comparison to some other examples I've seen in this thread from earlier on, granted those examples were from last league so the comparison may not be valid given it is still early on in the league.

I am enjoying this build immensely by the way, thank you for the amazing guide. The levelling section made it a breeze to swap to FP.

Gear
Spoiler

Passive Tree
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
Sazzbot wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:

Getting the best in slot cluster jewels is expensive. I was using other, easily made and cheap ones and had no problems in T16s or with the endgame bosses. For example, instead of the two mediums I linked you can use 2 projectile damage mediums with Repeater and Streamlined, they cost 10c or less.

thanks for the tip will look it up. what a strange quote this became i dont know how to to do this lol
Last edited by Sazzbot on Jun 23, 2020, 11:45:13 AM
"
Castellani wrote:
Anyone mind sharing what their unbuffed FP DPS tooltip's are? I'm at level 80 now and trying to see areas in which I can improve whether it be on the passive tree or gear.

Currently at 43k DPS unbuffed which I feel is quite low in comparison to some other examples I've seen in this thread from earlier on, granted those examples were from last league so the comparison may not be valid given it is still early on in the league.

I'm 74k at level 92. 40k at 80 sounds fine to me.

Spoiler

Edit: killed Sirus at awakening 4, never played a league with him in.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jun 23, 2020, 1:38:33 PM
"
NoImagination wrote:
"
Castellani wrote:

I'm 74k at level 92. 40k at 80 sounds fine to me.

Spoiler

Edit: killed Sirus at awakening 4, never played a league with him in.

Is that hideout hover tooltip of your DPS with no totems active? Still quite a difference even with a 10 point skill difference. Unfortunately PoB doesn't seem to give me an accurate match when importing my character to compare. I'll keep digging.

I'm hoping to kill Sirus soon as well!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info