[3.10] Complete Cobra Lash Assassin Guide | >10m Shaper DPS | All content | Noob Friendly | Video

Thanks for the build, I've been having a lot of fun playing it.

One question though: do you have any tips for beating Sirus with this build? I can do some damage to him, but I get 1-shot by his beams enough times that I can't finish the fight. I'm at about 3m DPS, 4.9k hp right now (my character: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/SporkOfExile/characters). Do I need more DPS, more survivability, or do I just need to learn the mechanics of the fight better?

Thanks!
"
SporkOfExile wrote:
Thanks for the build, I've been having a lot of fun playing it.

One question though: do you have any tips for beating Sirus with this build? I can do some damage to him, but I get 1-shot by his beams enough times that I can't finish the fight. I'm at about 3m DPS, 4.9k hp right now (my character: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/SporkOfExile/characters). Do I need more DPS, more survivability, or do I just need to learn the mechanics of the fight better?

Thanks!

Without seeing you do the fight, I would say you definately need more life (I consider 5.5k+ the minimum) and you probably need to learn the mechanics better. Sirus does his attacks on a static timer, so you should be able to get a couple attacks in between every jump to manually dodge his attacks. The standard attacks (thin beam) and the die attacks are easy to manually dodge. The degen ground that his mirror in the sky sometimes spawns are a little more tricky (at least on my current build which has a lot of ground clutter). The poison that you inflict and the permanent attacks from your HoAG crawler should be enought to bring his health down.
But it obviously isn't an easy fight, it's comparable to UberElder from the mechanics, but it is clearly more prdictable. With some practice and maybe some more char levels and equipment improvements it should be possible.
Thank for the great build, i just started playing poe this league and using this build had been great. But i have a question about the build, specifically about the support gems for cobra lash. I have all the gems in the build to support it as well as vicious proj. At the point i am at, i see quite a difference in dps when switching out deadly ailments for vicious proj to the point where i prefer having vicious proj over deadly ailments. is there something about the build that i am missing out on about the build that makes unbound ailments the better support gem?
"
AlFonZoh wrote:
Thank for the great build, i just started playing poe this league and using this build had been great. But i have a question about the build, specifically about the support gems for cobra lash. I have all the gems in the build to support it as well as vicious proj. At the point i am at, i see quite a difference in dps when switching out deadly ailments for vicious proj to the point where i prefer having vicious proj over deadly ailments. is there something about the build that i am missing out on about the build that makes unbound ailments the better support gem?

I've gone by what PoB values more. Not sure what differences in the build would value VicPro over UnbAil, but if you feel VicPro is doing better then just use that. A guide offers recommendations that you can adjust for your specific gear and style of play as you see fit. :)
There is no deeper meaning behind the gem selection then just damage optimization with the help of PoB. I'm pretty sure that PoB wants unbound, because it has the large increase to poison duration, which you will only feel on bosses and not on regular monsters though.
Hey i am really interested in trying out the build.
However after playing around in your POB and changing the gear up a bit to fir 3.9 league it seems to dip below 5k life and i dont know how squishy it will be. Would like to be able to tank a hit cause im noob and make mistakes.

edit: played it with some gear i had and made, constantly dying as a result. cant find a single build that doesnt kill me twice per map
Last edited by Karathis on Mar 1, 2020, 9:49:34 AM
wait, do the one-handed weapons's passives scales even by dual-wielding the weapons

P.S. I'm a big noob (cuz I died a lot with my other pop char)
"
Karathis wrote:
Hey i am really interested in trying out the build.
However after playing around in your POB and changing the gear up a bit to fir 3.9 league it seems to dip below 5k life and i dont know how squishy it will be. Would like to be able to tank a hit cause im noob and make mistakes.

edit: played it with some gear i had and made, constantly dying as a result. cant find a single build that doesnt kill me twice per map

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend to go below 5.5k life. I made the build during Blight League, which had way less 1-shot threats then current Metamorph does. I wouldn't be surprised if 3.10 will also feature some new 1-shot mechanics, so better plan with more life and less damage. The damage is way over the limit that you need for any encounters, so it's totally fine to drop some damage for more life.

"
Sebasbabou12 wrote:
wait, do the one-handed weapons's passives scales even by dual-wielding the weapons

P.S. I'm a big noob (cuz I died a lot with my other pop char)

Yeah, you get "one-handed weapon" modifier bonusses when you dual wield one-handed weapons aswell. It just excludes 2-handed weapons.

And everyone was new to the game at some point, no problem to ask questions to learn more. :)
Has anyone tried this build with a shield to be more tanky? Is the damage still good?
"
Mwoua wrote:
Has anyone tried this build with a shield to be more tanky? Is the damage still good?

I think if you wanted Cobra Lash with a shield you are better off using a different build. Probably Deadeye with HoWA. So that would be much different from this build.
The tree doesnt have that much dual weild node, what would be problematic?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info