[3.10] Herald of Agony Mana Guardian | 2.5 Minute Sirus 8 | Deathless T19 100% Delirium

"
Megatherion wrote:
Is it better to keep ball lightning at level 1 or 20? POB has it at 20, but I see some people have it at 1.
Same question for Tempest Shield.
It looks like for mapping it is better to use level 1 to avoid getting rekt by elemental reflect.
And simulacrum 20 might require higher level to reliably apply Elemental Equilibrium.
Correct me if I am wrong.

The main purpose of Ball Lightning, or Arc, or whatever you use is to apply POISON STACKS to yourself, the damage is irrelevant. Therefore, all constantly casting it is doing is spending mana. Therefore, a level 1 BL costs hardly any mana at all.

EE is the same thing, the amount of damage is irrelevant, it is only if the mob has been hit BY YOU with that elemental damage type. That is why it is important to check that BL or whatever trigger skill you use is only causing lightning and chaos damage (Chaos is NOT elemental).

N.B. If you've also got added fire or cold damage crept onto BL from a gear piece somewhere, you need to change out that gear piece in order for EE to work properly.
I loved Path of Exile.
I do not love Path of RNG.
Bloom gives me migraines, the over usage of darkness strains my eyes.
Save our game, remove all of the constant RNG and allow us to turn off Bloom or give us an in game brightness control!
Thank you so very much OP for sharing the build with the variations and to Maelstromicus for sharing your flayers.

First time running a templar in general and I've just loved how this balances damage and tankiness.

Currently I'm trying to emulate the Kyuhlee build and I'm close to fitting in my second circle, appreciate it if anyone could help me out on where I can balance resists if I do.

I think hitting level 97 seems to be a big priority to me as I feel like lacking the skill points limits me in that sense for now

POB Link:
https://pastebin.com/qyHM12E1
Hello, wanted to ask something. Purely hypothetically for absolute luxurious upgrade and high-end endgame, which watcher's eye would be better? Combination:
Clarity mod gain #% of max mana as ES + ES on hit or ES recovery?

P.S. I wanna start playing HOWA Occ or Jugg and I am thinking about buying one super strong watchers to use it mainly on my guard but also on HOWA.
Last edited by lampicka95 on Apr 29, 2020, 6:38:43 PM
I find ES on hit to be very useful. I've actually tried both extra ES and ES on hit jewels and ES on hit is IMHO much better. It provides great sustain which this build kind of lacks when vaal discipline is on cd. I barely activate it now. Only on simulacrum 19-20 or tough bosses when there are not many mobs around to heal of. In delve it allows to run in the darkness because you get ES back on hit and damage does not matter.
Also not super luxury but you can get additional nice mods on such jewel for small extra. Like spell block, or start of ES recharge. I suspect start of ES recharge is the best (after added ES but that's mirror tier) but I have not tried personally.
"
Megatherion wrote:
I find ES on hit to be very useful. I've actually tried both extra ES and ES on hit jewels and ES on hit is IMHO much better. It provides great sustain which this build kind of lacks when vaal discipline is on cd. I barely activate it now. Only on simulacrum 19-20 or tough bosses when there are not many mobs around to heal of. In delve it allows to run in the darkness because you get ES back on hit and damage does not matter.
Also not super luxury but you can get additional nice mods on such jewel for small extra. Like spell block, or start of ES recharge. I suspect start of ES recharge is the best (after added ES but that's mirror tier) but I have not tried personally.

Thank you for your answer, when I was going through previous comments and ES on hit seems to be BiS for this build. But I am not sure what is the second best mod, if es recovery or es recharge rate.
"
liechto wrote:
Thank you so very much OP for sharing the build with the variations and to Maelstromicus for sharing your flayers.....

Currently I'm trying to emulate the Kyuhlee build and I'm close to fitting in my second circle, appreciate it if anyone could help me out on where I can balance resists if I do.

POB Link:
https://pastebin.com/qyHM12E1

No problem.

As far as resists go, it's fairly tricky to get them started. I've had to compensate on my gear a bit and go slightly less than optimum on say, my shield and sacrificed in order to get more resists in.

Bear in mind, that a T16 map at A8 can sometimes drop your resists by something like 42% if it has the "players have lowered resistances" mod on it.

Anyway, I crammed as much resist as I could on my gloves, my boots, and my shield (the boots were a MASSIVE pain to craft). Then you also get +20 from Radiant Crusade, a little bit from the tree.

If you are also running a small cluster with Enduring Composure on it, then you have max endurance charges most of the time, that's worth another +12 to each resist.

I lastly made sure that I rolled my large clusters with Prismatic Heart as well as Vengeful Commander. Prismatic Heart is worth another +10 to resists.
I'm still chaos spamming another large cluster to try and get in a second VC + PH combination. At the moment, with max end charges I sit at 42/34/48 f/c/l over max. I also ofc have immunity to Chill/freeze/ignite/shock/corrupted blood from gear and I switch my minor pantheon between Ralakesh and Abberath depending on which map I'm running.

It's a math game and never ending, this build, and imho that's what makes it so interesting.

ofc, no amount of building or skill saves you from the stupid invisible bubbles and on death delirium effects when things get crowded on the screen. You can kill every mob in the game, but GGG still wants to make you swear at the screen with all the invisible badly programmed crap that they insist on chucking in.
Thanks GGG.............
I loved Path of Exile.
Save our game, remove all of the constant RNG and allow us to turn off Bloom or give us an in game brightness control!
Hello guys, can someone help me with this build

I spend quite currency but UElder shreds me today, i dont feel like i have enough damage, today i killed shaper - damage fills bad as well, so maybe i miss something? Or i need to do some changes?

https://pastebin.com/3wqgT9W6 - my current build
"
zxdrrtolkin13 wrote:
Hello guys, can someone help me with this build

I spend quite currency but UElder shreds me today, i dont feel like i have enough damage, today i killed shaper - damage fills bad as well, so maybe i miss something? Or i need to do some changes?

https://pastebin.com/3wqgT9W6 - my current build

This is not an easy build to master. Firstly, you're only level 90 so ofc UElder is going to shred you. Simply put, you aren't a high enough level and don't have enough passive tree points yet.

There are a lot of intricacies to how this build works. It's NOT an easy "buytowin" meta build any more since all the changes after last league. There are a lot of pitfalls unless you properly read through the entirety of the initial post and understand the mechanics of how it works. This is not simply a case of "throw some EX at buying everything and play". I would even go so far as to say that you will never ever succeed if you simply want to level a character, buy all the OP gear and then start mapping. You cannot play this build If you want that type of build, I would suggest starting again as ED/Cont. That's a simple to play build.

You have many issues with your build that I see from just a quick look at it. Unfortunately, I do not have the time to go through it in detail, but it's quite obvious that this is a case of "quick look not read carefully", buy everything, equip, and play. All of the answers to why this is not working for you are in the OP and also in this thread. I apologise if this seems a little harsh, but you have to understand that knowing HOW the build works is key to getting it to work well for you.

Clues to get you started on fixing:

1. You have no "Golden Rule", so poison stacks are not reflected to you. This is pretty much fundamental to the entire build, and suggests to me that you skimmed the entire OP.
2. Whaka. No longer all that good for the build imho. It's better to get a good ES shield with resists and a +1 to phy, then even a ES on block if you can afford it later on.
3. Not enough skill points yet to be attempting tough end game bosses. Level some more.
4. Read this thread carefully and understand the mechanics behind how the build works. That way you can tweak it as you go (because that is what most of us have to do).

Sorry again if this is a little blunt, but like most others in here I have spent countless hours reading things, learning how the mechanics works, adapting and overcoming the nerfs from last league. This isn't a simple buy some of the things listed in the OP and play type build. It's more like a jigsaw puzzle.
I loved Path of Exile.
To re-iterate, No Golden Rule, no worky build. Especially against single targets... You just won't have the poison stacks on yourself.
I loved Path of Exile.
Shield with ES on block and spell block starts at 7ex. Decent one would be 13ex. I would recommend getting one. +1 Phy Spell Level is harder to get on shield, better get it on amulet. For 8ex you can get +2 on amulet with decent dex and str. But you would need max stats everywhere else and maybe some stats from cluster jewels or corrupts or circle of nostalgia implicits.
If you use only single nostalgia then capping resistances from ring is fine. Otherwise it is much harder. Resistances come from boots, gloves, helmet (make sure you go for 29+ resist) and small cluster jewels. For jewels you need more points though and you can get 3-node jewels with 5 all res on small nodes. Sometimes you can get some resistances on medium jewels but need to snipe those. They are usually not expensive, but they are rare.
Last edited by Megatherion on Apr 30, 2020, 10:03:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info