[3.10] Herald of Agony Mana Guardian | 2.5 Minute Sirus 8 | Deathless T19 100% Delirium

Hello

I've been using this wand as it was a cheap trigger socketed spell wand:

I then got to l72 and had a bit of currency, so bought this convoking wand

But when I use it, HoA won't summon the Agony Crawler. Is it just because the spell damage is so much worse, that I'm not poisoning anything? Or am I missing something else?

Thanks
"
QuickJim wrote:
Hello

But when I use it, HoA won't summon the Agony Crawler. Is it just because the spell damage is so much worse, that I'm not poisoning anything? Or am I missing something else?

Thanks

Its because you no longer have any extra poison damage with your new wand, so you need to use Lesser poison support instead of poison support now
"
NSUCK wrote:
"
hitmantb wrote:
Just realized an Elegant Hubris on the left jewel socket may be an alternative to Lethal Pride.

Check out the mods on this thing. This may benefit the Skeleton alternative the most as 240-320% minion damage scales much more with it, and it can spare points from not having to go heavy into mana reservation.

https://poedb.tw/us/unique.php?n=Elegant_Hubris

May be an interesting side project to roll. Saw some crazy necromancer skeleton damage numbers at well over 2 million PER skeleton. Even discount ascendancy differences, we should be able to hit much higher damage.

I figured out how to record. Did a quick video of some metamorphs to show DPS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWV6U3YEaMY&t=45s

If you don't mind, please try to record a video of either Sirus 9 or Uber Elder on awaken 8 that at least match CTSabba's time, so we can see an apple to apple comparison.

Here is a Necromancer one using their highest skeleton damage build which took 2:49: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA3mVy-d9hs

If you remove CTSabba's Sirus talk/intro, which the Necromancer build doesn't have, they are within 10 seconds of each other. I am not convinced Guardian Skeleton boss damage is better than Herald of Agony, level 31 on both side. And Herald of Agony obviously has advantage on mapping speed.

Now if both builds are at least equal on damage, you have 27K energy shield and that is a huge advantage.

Also for some reason when I import your character you have 19K energy shield, do you have a recent POB?
Last edited by hitmantb on Jan 12, 2020, 11:55:24 AM
"
QuickJim wrote:
Hello

Thanks

Do you have a ring of nostalgia?
"
Hjelpen93 wrote:

Its because you no longer have any extra poison damage with your new wand, so you need to use Lesser poison support instead of poison support now

I've just tried this, and it's worked. I have absolutely no clue as to why or how.... :/

Thank you

"
bluesylph wrote:

Nope, not yet

you think those are worth an imprint?

also try to get most of the gear, i read the colours for all the stuff,
still kinda confused what to get now, so which colour. bought a 4g/2r one so far, cause its of the cheapst (40c i think) but still got like 2ex and 300C to spare, allready got the empower 4 to be extra spicey
"
Ondrugs wrote:
So far I got the starter gear + some of the high priority upgrades:

-11715 ES with 8977 Mana
-31173 Armour (80%)
-528.2 - 4041 life reg
-overcapped resistances
-24% block chance for attacks + 8% for spells I miss the lethal pride jewel
-I also miss the boots with "cannot be frozen"

Without level 4 enlighten which is actually one of the core items, you'd need at least 4 jewels with "#% reduced mana reserved" corrupted to get the mana reservation on 0% and even so, it will not allow us to use skitter bots and hatred which is a huge loss in damage, through shock. SO ENLIGHTEN LEVEL 4 IS A MUST HAVE FOR THE BUILD ACTUALLY.

I got 4 spectres and yet the build is immune to most chaos damage, has no problems with phys but feels like paper in the wind. If you are not going for the pantheon which grants stun immunity, you get easily stunned to death. if you get the ascendancy "Bastion of Hope" instead of "unwavering Crusade", which you should only take if you get a mod "10% chance to intimidate enemies", I'd loose about 140k dps,.... it takes like aeons to actually kill something. especially bosses on a T15-16. A cannot regen map is overkill for this build from what I experience, so I wonder why the con's didn't said that.

The point is, if I feel with 5 ex+ investment like I would play a 20c character, it feels not satisfying and enjoyable at all. I would be interested in the guy who plays -1000 delve with that,....
We have very different experiences this league with this build. I hit 97 before I went away this weekend, the last level rolling T14-T16 for quantity/pack size and max metamorphs in those maps. After some reckless things (like HoGM) at 96, I died once on the way. To Sirus 8 storms, ran too close to one before the patch.

Are you criticizing the mana reservation in the guide while running hatred with no enlighten at all? From experience, HoA(Empower/Vicious Projectiles) + Hatred/Skitterbots does not require Enlighten 4 or anything expensive. I ran enlighten 3 until recently, those are cheap.

Circle of Nostalgia 36% is also pretty low, I bought one at 37% and still haven't rerolled it. I do run conqueror's efficiency jewel though, if you don't have enlighten 4, +1 shapers gloves, or helm enchant you may need that jewel. Or 40% circle of nostalgia. Maim instead of Vicious Projectiles is a common choice because mana reservation is a big deal for this build. People add Flesh and Stone as well, but it is very clear that aura with Vicious projectiles is not going to be cheap. Even using Charisma annointment, but flesh and stone is not at all required.

No regen maps: Yeah, I advise rerolling those. They can be done, but a lot of this build's survival is regen. I have done corrupted red maps for atlas completion with no regen, I run mana flask with does not stop at full mana. But now you run ES with recharge only. You can do T14-T16 bosses, you might not be able to do maxxed metamorph on no regen.

Also with the +24% from awakening 8 at endgame, usually reroll 65% chance to avoid poison/stun/whatever. That goes to 80% avoidance. Small single target boss fights or metamorphs are really frustrating. I haven't failed to kill any of a dozen or so maps likes that, but a few bosses and metas I wasted several minutes. Map clear is still solid, but bossing sometimes outright isn't.
"
QuickJim wrote:
"
Hjelpen93 wrote:

I've just tried this, and it's worked. I have absolutely no clue as to why or how.... :/

Thank you

"
bluesylph wrote:

Nope, not yet

What's your ball lightning setup?
Got my first Sirus kill.
I played Caustic arrow trickster at the start of the league (failed Sirus 3 times from personal fuckups and stairs block) and switched to this about a week and a half ago.

Got the kill on awekener 7 deathless.
Used feeding frenzy instead of meat shield on the flayers (they didn't die).
For pantheons i used Lunaris + Soul of garukhan (wasn't sure if i can face tank so i opted for this).

Great build and thanks again!
Been working on this build so far doing well. Kills A6 Sirus (took a long time. DPS is a bit low but I know i still have some upgrades to do.) Thanks for a super tanky build.

Anyway, I did a bad thing and weapon swapped in Karui Shores and forgot to swap back and now my Flayers are gone. Anyone online willing to let me desecrate?

Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info