Nobody has anything to say about Blizzard?

"
Boem wrote:

My statement was that children have prejudices at birth, which is why i started of with discerning the difference between prejudice and racism.

Prejudice simply means a preference between two available option which might or might not be based on incomplete information.

I'm willing to concede that I may not understand your premise here.

Can you provide me a couple examples, or even one, of prejudice a child has at birth, that is apparently genetic(or I'm not sure how else they would have it birth)?

I would truly like to understand your statement, and what it encompasses.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

My statement was that children have prejudices at birth, which is why i started of with discerning the difference between prejudice and racism.

Prejudice simply means a preference between two available option which might or might not be based on incomplete information.

I'm willing to concede that I may not understand your premise here.

Can you provide me a couple examples, or even one, of prejudice a child has at birth, that is apparently genetic(or I'm not sure how else they would have it birth)?

I would truly like to understand your statement, and what it encompasses.

I told you already to look up aposomatic signals if your interested.

Children are born with a fear for aposomatic signals that cannot be contributed to cultural factors.(because its effective before the formation of ego and language)

And my earlier point was quite simple, as long as human nature contains prejudice and bias formation(which it does) we will not get rid of racism.

But that's ok, because people are allowed to be racist in a free society.

What they are not allowed is to infringe on other people's right, just like all other people aren't.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
As usual, Boem is incorrect.

Peace,

-Impeacher-
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
"
The_Impeacher wrote:
As usual, Boem is incorrect.

Peace,

-Impeacher-

Isn't it sad to write such a comment when your literally a google search away from being proven wrong?

It's your time and your life, so enjoy i suppose.

Peace,

-Boem-
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Again, and the reason I brought up this example, the message is totally fine, and social justice / equality is something to fight for.

Just do it in your own time. Start your own organization, hold your own press conference, ect...

Dont insult the American Flag, our Veterans, and those serving society to protect us. I dont even care if you say that's not what the message was about, because that's how it looks.

Pardon me if I dont weep for the millionaire dude, with every advantage, that has his mind poison by his GF, and now hates America. He sure as fuck loved it before as the cash rolled in.

Anyways dont want to get to sidetracked here, but Kapernick is no Rosa Parks or MLK. Give me a break.

Your bias is showing...

I saw no insult to the American Flag or the Veterans - if anything its disrespectful to say it's an insult as it trivializes the prejudice that people still face to this day in their own country.

There's no hatred for America, that's just how people like to spin it when they aren't willing to confront racism, or even acknowledge their own prejudice. It's not like he was raging on twitter or burning the flag.

He could have gone with the flow and earn his money and appease the system. Instead he chose to sacrifice all that wealth and luxury to stand up for something he believes in, as it mattered more. But I do think the Betsy Ross thing was a bit more paranoia than meaningful symbolism. Then again Pepe the Frog went from internet meme to hate symbol so you never really know.

Plenty of Americans would rather stay quiet and maintain the status quo.

It's not far off from when the Dixie Chicks decided to take a stand for something they believed in. Their fans loved them until they saw things differently - then they started telling them to shut up and threaten to kill them.

Americans by and large tend to take freedom of speech for granted. It's crazy how often its used as a defense then conveniently forgotten when they don't like what's being said.

Yep, totally over league play.
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Again, and the reason I brought up this example, the message is totally fine, and social justice / equality is something to fight for.

Just do it in your own time. Start your own organization, hold your own press conference, ect...

Dont insult the American Flag, our Veterans, and those serving society to protect us. I dont even care if you say that's not what the message was about, because that's how it looks.

Pardon me if I dont weep for the millionaire dude, with every advantage, that has his mind poison by his GF, and now hates America. He sure as fuck loved it before as the cash rolled in.

Anyways dont want to get to sidetracked here, but Kapernick is no Rosa Parks or MLK. Give me a break.

Your bias is showing...

I saw no insult to the American Flag or the Veterans - if anything its disrespectful to say it's an insult as it trivializes the prejudice that people still face to this day in their own country.

There's no hatred for America, that's just how people like to spin it when they aren't willing to confront racism, or even acknowledge their own prejudice. It's not like he was raging on twitter or burning the flag.

He could have gone with the flow and earn his money and appease the system. Instead he chose to sacrifice all that wealth and luxury to stand up for something he believes in, as it mattered more. But I do think the Betsy Ross thing was a bit more paranoia than meaningful symbolism. Then again Pepe the Frog went from internet meme to hate symbol so you never really know.

It's not far off from when the Dixie Chicks decided to take a stand for something they believed in. Their fans loved them until they saw things differently - then they started telling them to shut up and threaten to kill them.

Americans by and large tend to take freedom of speech for granted. It's crazy how often its used as a defense then conveniently forgotten when they don't like what's being said.

You have to question where he is getting his talking points from though.

For example, blacks are not more likely to be shot by a white police officer in America.

The study's that started this myth didn't corelate for either crime rates based on ethnicity in the county they were drawing data from or from basic population division.

Shooting "blacks" 3 times more then whites is grounds for investigating if racism is occuring. But when it then correlates with the fact there are 3 times as many blacks living in that county it loses all value as an observation.

Similarly if the crime rates based on ethnicity are higher within a certain racial bracket, it is entirely predictable they will experience more casualty's from law enforcement.

If i remember correctly one study even showed that black officers were more likely to shoot black people in a tense confrontation.

Similarly the whole "stop and search is racist" also holds no water when correlated for crime rates and population.
It's entirely normal for police officers to do more stop and search excercisses in high crime neighbourhoods, they are not responsible for the ethnic composition of that area.

It's far to easy to make claims and leaving out relevant data to create talking points, since most people don't check the research and take it at face value to justify their world view.

Peace,

-Boem-
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Your bias is showing...

That's not bias, it's an opinion.

He specifically targeted the National Anthem. Why?

Have you read his opinions on America since his conversion to Islam?

He has the freedom to protest. He has the Freedom of speech. He could have chosen a press conference, started a organization (which he later did), or marketing (which he later did with Nike)

Choosing to kneel for the Anthem sent a clear message to me. You can choose to read it however you want, but don't act like your view of it is the only, and correct way to see it. Its isnt, and wasnt.

And the real massive issue for me was when a few kneeled for the US Anthem in London, and stood and respected then British one. Wow. As usual some of these sjw's have no clue. We literally had to fight them, and tens of thousands of Americans died, to win our freedom from the crown. Is absurd and outrageous, and many were right to trash on the players.

I think you should do a little research on Kapernick before you embrace or defend his actions.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Oct 24, 2019, 9:29:47 AM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Moderators haven't targetted us while we are blatantly going over a range of political subjects.

Is this a test to see the hypocrisy of their rules? :p

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Boem wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Moderators haven't targetted us while we are blatantly going over a range of political subjects.

Is this a test to see the hypocrisy of their rules? :p

Peace,

-Boem-

Maybe a link would have been better. However the intention remains to illustrate my point and defend my conclusions.

I'm not why you are highlighting this to begin with. I mean if you want the thread shutdown, just PM support.
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Oct 24, 2019, 11:29:43 AM
I find this entire thread hypocritical from GGG and i started out with explaining exactly that.

And the reason i highlighted it is to demonstrate that point again.

Because i am all for going down that particular lane if people are up for it, but then we are in violation of the ToS which we are currently already in violation off.

did you read the aposomatic stuff?(totally not putting us back on track to avoid a potential forum ban over here nudge nudge wink wink)

Peace,

-Boem-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info