Nobody has anything to say about Blizzard?

they have a legal obligation to act in the interests of their company for their shareholders right? its not a case that they have to squeeze every penny, but if they decided to crash out of a market that could potentially deliver over half the profits the company could make from gaming over a political stance i would imagine that would be severe negligence and they would be in legal trouble with their shareholders.

for sure the root of this is definitely a systemic problem that reaches much further than actiblizzard, but thats kind of where the conversation really has to end.
What happened? Anyone have news links?
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
Well I'm worried we may get censored here lol I discuss it somewhere else not here tencent owns most of GGG
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
they have a legal obligation to act in the interests of their company for their shareholders right? its not a case that they have to squeeze every penny, but if they decided to crash out of a market that could potentially deliver over half the profits the company could make from gaming over a political stance i would imagine that would be severe negligence and they would be in legal trouble with their shareholders.

for sure the root of this is definitely a systemic problem that reaches much further than actiblizzard, but thats kind of where the conversation really has to end.

I agree with you, wholeheartedly.

However, they must also be prepared to accept the fallout from their business decisions...

They decided to protect their growing profit centers in China by going a bit overboard in penalizing a very popular player. That player, incidentally, has a "worth" to them that's intrinsic, since he had a lot of fans.

They decided to act overtly and most would say very harshly to "enforce their rules" which are, to be honest, a bit open to interpretation. (Likely sensibly and purposefully so, to give them as much latitude in enforcement as possible.)

So, it may have been a good decision here to protect their image in China by acting forcefully to censure and penalize this particular player for what they blurted out.

But, now they must stand and accept the consequences of doing that. In today's "Righteous Cause" internetz, the pushback might be quite severe... for a short while.

IMO, customers (and anyone, really) are free to criticize businesses for the political causes they support and the actions that they take to enforce the rules they have chosen to implement for their private communities of players.
After microsoft took rare from nintendo, I vowed to never buy another microsoft gaming console and haven't to this day. Now the same will count for blizzard/activision.

Let's have Trump further tax China into the ground.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
Last edited by Hyskoa on Oct 11, 2019, 12:03:54 PM
Something about stones and glass houses.
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

Brought to you by Dat LLC, in partnership with Harassment Industries.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*
Blizzard chose to side with China to not lose the fat "loot". The "broke the rules" part is bullshit, because a day after an American team did the same in defense of the banned player, and Blizzard chose not to punish them. Why do you think? They weren't Chinese, and the US works differently. The"rules" was a big fat lie.
If I ran a competitive gaming company, I probably wouldn't want participants to be using my platform for their political grandstanding, even if I agreed with their politics.

This guy wasn't using free speech on his own page, or own time, he did it on an official Blizzard interview on twitch.

That being said, I would slap him with a $100 fine on his $10,000 winnings, not all the money and one year ban.
"
trixxar wrote:
If I ran a competitive gaming company, I probably wouldn't want participants to be using my platform for their political grandstanding, even if I agreed with their politics.

This guy wasn't using free speech on his own page, or own time, he did it on an official Blizzard interview on twitch.

That being said, I would slap him with a $100 fine on his $10,000 winnings, not all the money and one year ban.

Yet when an amercan team did the same, in support of the banned player, they did not punish them.

Where did the rules go? I'll tell you, China doesn't give a fuck about america or the rest of the world.
"
trixxar wrote:

And, that's exactly what they should have done.

Why aren't you CEO of Blizzard? :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info