Nobody has anything to say about Blizzard?

Hf :)
reposting myself from a few days ago.

You misunderstand blizzard - way prior they have in their clause that players cannot use the competitions to bring attention to political causes. And blizzard intends to stay neutral - the player used blizzards stage and bring a non-neutral statement from their platform and this is why they stopped it.

Essentially, they don't give a shit either way, but it's fair enough that they will ban anyone who uses their name for political statement, as it is blizzard who pays the price and they don't want to get involved which you cannot force them.

They aren't supporting china, they are just not willing to pick sides. If they let people get away with it, they will do it again and again, this is why blizzard professional team just makes sure that players know this is not okay.

And that's actually fair enough for them to do, they aren't a news station, and if they take sides like that it can have real economic consequences for them which this player wasn't considering with his acts.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Oct 12, 2019, 11:09:41 AM
"
Crackmonster wrote:
You misunderstand blizzard - way prior they have in their clause that players cannot use the competitions to bring attention to political causes. And blizzard intends to stay neutral - the player used blizzards stage and bring a non-neutral statement from their platform and this is why they stopped it.

Essentially, they don't give a shit either way, but it's fair enough that they will ban anyone who uses their name for political statement, as it is blizzard who pays the price and they don't want to get involved which you cannot force them.

They aren't supporting china, they are just not willing to pick sides. If they let people get away with it, they will do it again and again, this is why blizzard professional team just makes sure that players know this is not okay.

And that's actually fair enough for them to do, they aren't a news station, and if they take sides like that it can have real economic consequences for them which this player wasn't considering with his acts.

The fact that they did not punish the American team that did the same thing, the following day, proves that they indeed support China, or to be more precise...the Chinese money.
It's a corporation, it makes sense that they chose money over anything else, but the hypocrisy is huge. Let's ban the Hong Kong player, but not the American ones.

Politics is a touchy subject, and indeed should not be discussed on certain platforms r events, but Blizzard fucked up.
I don't know about the American situation, haven't heard. But on that i agree, if they misused in same way they should taste it too and i think they would if i know blizzard right.

But regardless, point stands, they want to be neutral and don't want to be involved in the political fight over there. That is fair enough, i don't blame. And trust me, i am no blizz fanboy.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
● Discuss inflammatory topics, such as Politics or Religion
● Personally attack or cause harm to the reputation of Blizzard

Technically speaking, we´re not allowed to write anything eitherway.
We could draw pictures ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
players are contracted etc, and in such they represent the franchise/organizations they're with - in this way they need to act appropriately and one logical and reasonable thing is to not get political. you don't take sides because the franchise you represent doesn't want to take sides.

its the same thing if you're a sports player and act inappropriately in a bar or something, you get fined or suspended by your team, because what you do reflects on them.

blizzard came out with a statement basically saying the reason why they punished the dude was because he got political and they want to squash that happening, essentially.

people constantly say they want politics out of their video games (especially right wing type people) but then when blizzard does this and says they want to stop it from happening, the same people cry and whine saying "bullshit bullshit you're just bowing to your chinese overlords". its hypocritical. its like they do want politics all over, just their own opinion on politics.

GGG is the same. the censoring they do isn't because they're backing china or because they're owned by tencent. its because the rules are to not get political in order to avoid all of this conflict.

so don't get political. when you get political (regardless of the view expressed) and you get censored, you cannot cry you got censored because of GGGs or blizzard's own political view. thats stupid. you'd be stupid if you did that.
"
xMustard wrote:
players are contracted etc, and in such they represent the franchise/organizations they're with - in this way they need to act appropriately and one logical and reasonable thing is to not get political. you don't take sides because the franchise you represent doesn't want to take sides.

its the same thing if you're a sports player and act inappropriately in a bar or something, you get fined or suspended by your team, because what you do reflects on them.

blizzard came out with a statement basically saying the reason why they punished the dude was because he got political and they want to squash that happening, essentially.

people constantly say they want politics out of their video games (especially right wing type people) but then when blizzard does this and says they want to stop it from happening, the same people cry and whine saying "bullshit bullshit you're just bowing to your chinese overlords". its hypocritical. its like they do want politics all over, just their own opinion on politics.

GGG is the same. the censoring they do isn't because they're backing china or because they're owned by tencent. its because the rules are to not get political in order to avoid all of this conflict.

so don't get political. when you get political (regardless of the view expressed) and you get censored, you cannot cry you got censored because of GGGs or blizzard's own political view. thats stupid. you'd be stupid if you did that.

Yeah agree with you the two employees that got initially fired up probably didn't respected their contract wich was CLEARLY saying:

YOU ARE MEANT TO READ IN MIND OF EVERY PEOPLES/PLAYERS YOU ARE GOING TO INTERVIEW OR WE WILL FIRE YOU UP.
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Oct 12, 2019, 6:53:24 PM
One of the 2 that got fired was just sitting there and didn't agree or disagree. Guilt by association. Doesn't seem right or fair.

Blizzard is just stupid at this point. After this international incident hoping the CEO gets taken out by shareholders. He clearly either is stupid or doesn't have control of his underlings, which is his job.

Some argue that after last year's Blizzcon debacle, which seems a joke now btw, it was time to replace him.
Censored.
Ban anyone who tries to use gaming as a platform for political propaganda. Rather than shitting on them for banning the player who did that, people should be shitting on them for not banning the American team as well (assuming it's true they did the same thing).
I'm off this company in terms of buying their products.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info