[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

Having a good time with this build so far. Damage has been great, and single target really picks up with additional gem levels on the lightning trap, enough that I've dropped lightning spire for now. After testing some things I saw others do on poe.ninja, I found that cold conversion makes the build even more fun (the sounds!) and often safer for me. Shattering really helps with mobs like porcupines, and I find I can freeze most bosses for significant amounts of time, which I find just hilarious.
Cluster jewels were a big damage boost for me as well, giving around 200k extra average hit. I did temporarily sacrifice some es (~800) to make the switch, but most things die before I get hit so it seems ok. Sitting at just over 7k es right now.
Once I get some better gloves, boots, and shield, I may go back to crown of the inward eye helmet so I can run transfiguration of soul and master sapper together for more deeps. Not like it's necessary at all, but I'd be stoked to hit 1mil average hit :D

Honestly the only pain point for me so far has been buying 1500 vaal orbs to 6L my corrupted shavs, trading has been super rough this league :,)

Thanks for the guide!

Gear:
Spoiler

I have no idea how to link cluster jewels but they should show up in pob :)
"
VelvetUnicor wrote:
Having a good time with this build so far. Damage has been great, and single target really picks up with additional gem levels on the lightning trap, enough that I've dropped lightning spire for now. After testing some things I saw others do on poe.ninja, I found that cold conversion makes the build even more fun (the sounds!) and often safer for me. Shattering really helps with mobs like porcupines, and I find I can freeze most bosses for significant amounts of time, which I find just hilarious.
Cluster jewels were a big damage boost for me as well, giving around 200k extra average hit. I did temporarily sacrifice some es (~800) to make the switch, but most things die before I get hit so it seems ok. Sitting at just over 7k es right now.
Once I get some better gloves, boots, and shield, I may go back to crown of the inward eye helmet so I can run transfiguration of soul and master sapper together for more deeps. Not like it's necessary at all, but I'd be stoked to hit 1mil average hit :D

Honestly the only pain point for me so far has been buying 1500 vaal orbs to 6L my corrupted shavs, trading has been super rough this league :,)

Thanks for the guide!

Gear:
Spoiler

I have no idea how to link cluster jewels but they should show up in pob :)

Nice gear mate and great to hear you're enjoying yourself:)
This is a great league and even better for us Saboteur trappers imho!

Also nice to see people taking the build into many different directions, all staying with the core build but adding ideas and using the thousands of possibilities that PoE has to customize:) I saw the guy converting this build to cold damage and I was thinking that especially for deeper delving it would be great.

For the endgame though and everything else, I prefer lightning dmg still and the bursty feel. I'm sitting at almost 10k ES, so i'd probably despair going back to 7k, but I admit the sound of shattering mobs is really alluring;P

I'm sure it's quite the juggling of resists to make room for dual unique conversion rings, but thats what makes PoE fun... the ability to custom tailor everything:)

Btw, the 1500 vaal orb 6link, ouch! heheh, I know the feeling though...

Thanks for sharing your experiences m8 and keep em' comin :)

Last edited by oestergreen on Feb 8, 2021, 8:43:28 PM
Bunch of videos compiled into one, a mix of early league and now. Some stuff was requested specifically and I've got a lot more recorded vids to process from invitations, A8 and Maven:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDTcui2ru5Y&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=oestergreen

Last edited by oestergreen on Feb 8, 2021, 2:28:33 PM
Hey,

I wonder if I should try this out as a complete noob? Is it beginner friendly? Sounds complicated to build tho.
"
Anon0511 wrote:
Hey,

I wonder if I should try this out as a complete noob? Is it beginner friendly? Sounds complicated to build tho.

I would actually go as far as to say it is very beginner friendly and easy to start from nothing (I always league start this build, so always from rags to riches)

Late game min/max (if you're into that) and sometimes the mid-game transition from life to ES can seem confusing and be daunting for a new player (hence my guide).

But as far as picking up a level 1 char and leveling, it's super easy.
You get your main skill at level 12 and from there on-wards you're a lightning trapper spamming 1 ability and there's a level 1-28 step by step guide to get you started. :)

Hi sir! Just re rolled my Toxic Rain and just fast testing the build.. I die in a row from normal mobs in red maps.Maybe im missing something..

Im aware of both rings + the 2 missings slots in my tree but i do some runs and die horribly in red maps(T11-T14) and i have spent some exs in gear :(
Aware too of the cheap weapon with resis but i got 1 shots with like 7K+ ES.
And str + dex in the tree just for fast testing too.I know about the flask but in general do you see something wrong?
"
alamodeg wrote:
Hi sir! Just re rolled my Toxic Rain and just fast testing the build.. I die in a row from normal mobs in red maps.Maybe im missing something..

Im aware of both rings + the 2 missings slots in my tree but i do some runs and die horribly in red maps(T11-T14) and i have spent some exs in gear :(
Aware too of the cheap weapon with resis but i got 1 shots with like 7K+ ES.
And str + dex in the tree just for fast testing too.I know about the flask but in general do you see something wrong?

Yes for the rings and belt too. The neck master sapper would also be a good addition (clearing packs easier also helps you survive)

Idk if it's accurate because you are in progress of switching gear and gems, but my POB says you're at 6.7k ES, so definitely in the lower end if we're talking T16 but should still be quite easily do-able.

The reason you struggle with living is that your damage is very low. Red maps require some damage for you to clear them safely and my POB says you're at 120k damage, which is honestly achievable in a 5L with medium gear. (my pob with current end-game gear is 700k and we're only 3 levels apart)

Your biggest survival upgrade would be that all mobs get hit & blinded and that you're clearing entire screens and even off-screens. But for that you need to replace some items to get some damage, as right now your damage is only equal to what usually I have on a 5L at somewhat early league.

Your wand badly needs upgraded & a diamond flask. You could easily replace it for merely 10-20 chaos and heavily increase your damage.

Also get yourself a Wise oak flask for 5c and make sure your lightning resist is the highest uncapped res. :)
Last edited by oestergreen on Feb 8, 2021, 8:44:56 PM
I have about 13 ex and I want to get a Shavronne's like yours but the only one that was up was sold before I could get the currency and I can afford one with the second mod being 6 reduced chaos damage, but I'm not sure if it is worth it or if I should continue saving. I'm also confused on what to do for upgrades with the build I am only at about 5.8k energy shield, but I have a couple more nodes to grab.
Hey and thanks for the quick answer about the gloves :) I am only 78 lvl but runing t10-12 maps with ease.My items are quite bad i guess so i hope i can only get better.

belt and rings are terible, i have Darkness Enthroned Stygian Vise but trading is such a pain.. there are good abyss jewels for cheap, but no one is actually answering for trade :/
Really looking forward to achieve good things with your build :) ty
First time player here.

I'm following your POB tree but I don't know if I should go first to right side (Written in blood - Doom Cast etc) or left side (Throatseeker - Deep Wisdom ...).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info