[3.9] Plague Assassin Venom Guy (Gyre)/ 17 Mil+ DPS / 6 Mil+ Shaper DPS / All Content / Any Map Mods

Seems pretty close to 3.8. Potential 3.9 changes/options/flexibility for this build I see are:

Venom Gyre Now deals 90% of base damage at gem level 1 (from 80%), up to 115% at gem level 20 (from 104%). (buff)

Awakened Greater Multiple Projectiles Support (buff, probably, if you can get it)

Awakened Deadly Ailments Support (buff, probably, if you can get it)

Awakened Vicious Projectiles Support (buff, probably, if you can get it)

Awakened Unbound Ailments Support (buff, probably, if you can get it)

Yriel's Fostering's minions are now immune to damage and cannot be targeted by enemies. (as an alternative to Belly + Rare Armor) - makes this more usable again if you wanted more dps

Mistwall is interesting for this build potentially for more survivability both (but less life), but also synergizes with void boots (also ironically makes it harder to notice if you have been hit)

Spoiler

Multimod limit makes crafting harder, I see expensive claws being more expensive now

Oils will probably be more expensive for the extra curse

Still missing: Not sure yet what new currency brings, and not 100% if any of the fossile + shaper/elder changes affect anything. Same if new nodes affect pathing in any way.
Last edited by wakasm on Dec 11, 2019, 6:22:37 PM
3.9 ready!
twitch.tv/VtuberLunartuna
Nice! This looks like a fun build, something new for me. Gonna try it this league.

Any tips on leveling?
Like skills I can use just while leveling? Auras helpful stuff at the start?
Herald of Agony maybe?
"
lemerok wrote:
Nice! This looks like a fun build, something new for me. Gonna try it this league.

Any tips on leveling?
Like skills I can use just while leveling? Auras helpful stuff at the start?
Herald of Agony maybe?

Leveling is pretty straight forward. HoA can help carry you while leveling, use cobra lash at first until you can get the pierce nodes and a good weapon for Venom, and plague bearer is also very OP as well, which should carry you a bit early maps.
Sorry if the answer lies somewhere, but couldn't find it.

What is the benefit from dual wielding vs shield (i.e why are you advocating for claw + shield instead of dual claws) ?
"
Sorry if the answer lies somewhere, but couldn't find it.

What is the benefit from dual wielding vs shield (i.e why are you advocating for claw + shield instead of dual claws) ?

You don't apply poisons much faster with dual claws; not enough to make a difference at least, because you don't attack with both weapons at the same time when dual wielding, you just get 10% more attack speed and 20% more physical damage (which is almost irrelevant for this build) but attack with the weapons alternately. And with this build, you'd need 2 claws with "60% chance for poisons inflicted with this weapon to deal 100% more damage" instead of just one, otherwise you'd deal way less damage than with just 1 claw with that modifier because of the alternating attack pattern.

In short, it is more expensive and you lose a lot of defense just for 10% more attack speed by using dual claws instead of claw and shield.
Can anyone tell is it fine to have just +2 pierce from tree? i really dont like Voidwalkers because they have 0 health.

According to my PoB removing rare boots for walkers make me lose 344 life.
"
Tuomari wrote:
Can anyone tell is it fine to have just +2 pierce from tree? i really dont like Voidwalkers because they have 0 health.

According to my PoB removing rare boots for walkers make me lose 344 life.

I played a version of this build last league without ever getting the BIS claw or voidboots (limited time last league... just had a baby) to a deathless Uber Elder + T15 blight maps + Deep Delving just fine. You don't absolutely need the voidboots, but I can see them greatly increase the quality of life with this build.

This build is pretty versatile in that regard, but the way Luna has it specced out is pretty OP if you can get everything that way. There are lots of ways to get to an endgame power level using a SSF mindset between gems, focus powers, etc. But if you got this build 95% of the way, I'd recommend the voidboots.
Last edited by wakasm on Dec 11, 2019, 11:36:43 PM
Btw, how do you get the 60% chance for poisons to deal 100% more damage on a claw? Is it just a random modifier on high level claws or does it require a certain feature like Fossil Crafting or Beastcrafting?
"
Sidian42 wrote:
Btw, how do you get the 60% chance for poisons to deal 100% more damage on a claw? Is it just a random modifier on high level claws or does it require a certain feature like Fossil Crafting or Beastcrafting?

you can only get that mod by using corroded fossil

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info