[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - up to 6M Shaper DPS, 11k ES, 5k+ ES Recovery/s

"
blingi wrote:
After doing a few maps and Sirus with Arc in Mjolner, it feels pretty good too.
Single target dps on metas and Sirus felt very good, but I also got a couple upgrades since my last kill so I can't really just pin it on that.

i looked at this and wondered....

after testing it for a couple hrs with maps/guards/sirus 8 i actually like this setup alot awak light pen was extremely cheap too, i havnt died in a while, metas feel better for some reason mayb its just me, thanks for sharing this!
As far as I understand, Arc would be a greater clear cause it can go around corners in interior layouts, but its DPS is worse I believe(correct me if I'm wrong) but it also will not proc your ES gain like ball lighting does. Of course, maybe just the ball on your chest is enough.
"
Ichigo_333 wrote:
"
blingi wrote:
After doing a few maps and Sirus with Arc in Mjolner, it feels pretty good too.
Single target dps on metas and Sirus felt very good, but I also got a couple upgrades since my last kill so I can't really just pin it on that.

i looked at this and wondered....

after testing it for a couple hrs with maps/guards/sirus 8 i actually like this setup alot awak light pen was extremely cheap too, i havnt died in a while, metas feel better for some reason mayb its just me, thanks for sharing this!

I have no idea how the math works on it either, but my damage feels better, arc kills fortification doors instantly whereas with BL it took quite a bit longer.
Maybe the bigger arc hits apply better shock so that's why the damage ends up being better?

I also don't have to gemswap GMP to SP for conquerors and Sirus so that's another nice thing.

I just used lightning pen cause I wanted to see how it would feel with a proper support gem and lightning pen was dirt cheap, I'm not sure if it's the best choice. Awakened chain might be good too.

"
faytte wrote:
As far as I understand, Arc would be a greater clear cause it can go around corners in interior layouts, but its DPS is worse I believe(correct me if I'm wrong) but it also will not proc your ES gain like ball lighting does. Of course, maybe just the ball on your chest is enough.

The one downside I noticed is the reduced life gain on hit. Against some metas it took me way longer to top my life off. GMP BL is definitely way superior in terms of that, but between leech and my chest hits I still had no trouble staying alive.

Last edited by blingi on Jan 13, 2020, 3:36:10 PM
I'm trying this build this league, but i struggle a lot with single target damage, to be honest i fight some bosses couple of minutes or even more, i think my defense is all right for the gear same with AoE damage but single target i terrible. Would an of you have a couple of minutes to spare and look if i missed something? i Would greatly appreciate any help :(, i'm stuck now.

Path of Building link: https://pastebin.com/p4Ffd2eX

The character is also available in my profile i think, i do have around 7ex to spend.
"
blingi wrote:
"
NomadFX wrote:
crit outside of flasks is bad (55%) but with flasks 95%, so no prob.
i just needed a new challenge. guardian is way more tankier and i get 2,5k-3k ES more with the same gear. Also the regen is insanely good.

going lowlife does decrease tankyness of course.

You also lose a lot of movement speed, no?
How is the damage? I'm hitting 180k on my chest on the CI version with 11.5k ES now which feels pretty crazy.

Different question, but how much damage do we actually lose from going above 6.06?

180k? doubt. can i see your pob?

im acutally faster because i can use a 70% movement speed flask now and got

edit: loaded your pob from ninja. 63k chest.

i am still leveling but i will top out at 130k chest.
Last edited by NomadFX on Jan 13, 2020, 5:51:20 PM
"
NomadFX wrote:

https://pastebin.com/UDDSdxW7

My bad, had it set to standard boss since I mostly care about metamorphs.
On shaper I'm at 154k. Next level will push me to 160k.
Can also still push another 10k by getting an amulet with a good crusader mod, had bad luck on mine and slammed phys as lightning instead of something like lightning pen or damage per power charge.
Last edited by blingi on Jan 13, 2020, 6:21:27 PM
"
blingi wrote:
"
NomadFX wrote:

Can also still push another 10k by getting an amulet with a good crusader mod, had bad luck on mine and slammed phys as lightning instead of something like lightning pen or damage per power charge.

You have shock at 15% clicked. that does just not happen with ball lightning. also vaal rf. without its ~100k chest. which is good.

with vaal rf im at 170k, with your shock settings 190k. for comparison.

bzw your ats is too high.

Last edited by NomadFX on Jan 13, 2020, 7:22:41 PM
"
NomadFX wrote:
"
blingi wrote:
"
NomadFX wrote:

You have shock at 15% clicked. that does just not happen with ball lightning. also vaal rf. without its ~100k chest. which is good.

with vaal rf im at 170k, with your shock settings 190k. for comparison.

bzw your ats is too high.

I know, trying to get a new jewel.
I'm using arc in mjolner, pretty sure I'll get the shock between conductivity and arc which both give me shock on hit. Might even be more than 15% on bigger arc hits but I only checked 15%.
And yeah, of course I checked vaal rf?
You aren't running vaal rf cause no space between all your auras, so why would you check it? Also you current setup can't shock anyway.
Last edited by blingi on Jan 13, 2020, 8:06:44 PM
Not that I've done the math to know if arc is better single target over ball lightning, but arc also has 29% more shock effectiveness (31% if you corrupted it and have added lightning, or 32% with a +1 shield). Assuming its just 31%, looking at your PoB without Vaal RF ticked on, the average hit is 191078 (at least when I imported it) but looking into calcs, the average from crits is closer to 212002. The effect of shock is basically a more multi when it comes to 'effective' damage for calculating shock, so thats 277,722. If we assume the changes to ailments for elder and shaper basically set their difficulty back to their 3.8 values (before their big health buff).

We know the new formula for magnitude, so plug it in with the old shaper health of 7,471,2908, and we could do that but we have a red flag. 277,,777 is only 0.37% of 74712908, and we need .4% minimum to even apply shock. Potentially on a top end crit this will happen and apply the minimum shock value of 5%, but its unlikely to cause a major chain reaction (though its possible, where shocks will result in the next hit doing more damage to apply a bigger shock).

During Vaal RF the average crit goes up to 273638, or 358,465 effectively for determining shock. Assuming Shaper's values remain like 3.8, then we get a value of 0.479%, which is easily enough to get the 5% minimum shock buff, but how far you will scale that during the duration of Vaal RF I don't know.

Unless my math is well off (and it could be) then getting a 15% shock seems unlikely against Shaper. Factors that could throw this off are 1) I'm bad at math 2) Not understanding the PoB effectively 3) Shaper's ailment threshold is below what his 3.8 health used to be.
As a bit of a vent, good watchers eyes are so utterly insanely priced. Have been considering a move to low life or just pushing the build further, but freeing up my boot slot to do something there requires the eye and if you dare want ES gain + a Zealotry buff you are looking 30-40 EX minimum it seems. The inflation on that is just crippling to part time players.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info