[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - up to 6M Shaper DPS, 11k ES, 5k+ ES Recovery/s

Current gear

Spoiler

190m to go until 100. My version feels pretty amazing right now and looking forward to roll a Scion(Assassin/Raider) after I hit 100 on this char. Not sure if I stay LL or maybe try out CI and the pros/cons with it. Gonna be rough without evasive but I think I can make it to work anyway!
The Headhunter is just a nice mapping bonus and tbh, if there was a HH league - this is the one, with all Legion encounters, double/triple beyond, Metamorphs etc. I can easily carry 4-5W Legion/Rippy Cortex for my friends to get some nice returns from it.

The couple pros with LL builds. If you run triple purities, you dont have to worry about Resistance on your gear, makes it easy to balance out with Wise Oak, stand in bearers and obelisks like a complete noob, easier to selfcraft stuff (My boots, belt, helm ring are all selfcrafted/enchanted, working on a elder/crusader ring atm with conductivity if I desire it for bossing at some point.)
The market for GG Edngame gear is way better for LL than CI, double corrupted Shavs, Prism Guardians etc and ofc not having to think about having enough resistances.
Downside are that it's very tight on the passive tree, most items fit together very well for me, give me enough aura effectiveness for 82/82/83 and finding enough gem slots is always a struggle!

But anyway, since I'm not a real POB guy, I'm still looking for input for how much CDR do I need for next bp on CoC. It would be very helpful when I run my next character to properly gear for it.
"
larsahh_ wrote:
Current gear
But anyway, since I'm not a real POB guy, I'm still looking for input for how much CDR do I need for next bp on CoC. It would be very helpful when I run my next character to properly gear for it.

Nice gear, you only need 14% cdr on either boots or belt to make use of awakened coc. That bumps the breakpoint from 6.06 to 7.58. Be aware that tailwind does not update in game APS so you will need to rely on pob.

If you have any extra mirrors lying around and your looking for a new helm let me know :p
"
Saturn_ wrote:
"
larsahh_ wrote:
Current gear

Nice gear, you only need 14% cdr on either boots or belt to make use of awakened coc. That bumps the breakpoint from 6.06 to 7.58. Be aware that tailwind does not update in game APS so you will need to rely on pob.

If you have any extra mirrors lying around and your looking for a new helm let me know :p

Thanks for the reply. Is it still just 14% with 25% crd from Awakened CoC lvl 6 (+1 gems chest corruption) or does it go down slightly?

I'm still thinking debatting if I invest into a ES on hit/clarity/third mod Watcher's Eye or further crafting my boots (got Tailwind + t1 ES% imprinted) Altho Clarity would require me to redo my ring to unset and a reduced mana reserve corruption on 1 of my jewels.
"
larsahh_ wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Is it still just 14% with 25% crd from Awakened CoC lvl 6 (+1 gems chest corruption) or does it go down slightly?

I'm still thinking debatting if I invest into a ES on hit/clarity/third mod Watcher's Eye or further crafting my boots (got Tailwind + t1 ES% imprinted) Altho Clarity would require me to redo my ring to unset and a reduced mana reserve corruption on 1 of my jewels.

The 25% cdr from Awk CoC only impacts the chest ball lightning, once its lvl 3 (16% i think) then you already hit the breakpoint and the additional cdr is wasted. (Extra spell dmg is nice though)

The problem is mjolner has the same internal cd of 150ms and the Awk CoC CDR is not global. This is why you need an additional CDR item so you can reach the next breakpoint on both ball lightnings.
If you have awakaned coc, you already have 22% cdr, so you dont need anything on boots / belt for the 7.57 breakpoint for cast on crit.

You can further optimize to the next breakpoint at 52% but its getting hard

Mjolnir use the same breakpoint, so if you want more trigger from it, you actually need 14% cdr on boots or belt
Last edited by Mwoua on Jan 14, 2020, 12:51:35 AM
"
Saturn_ wrote:

The 25% cdr from Awk CoC only impacts the chest ball lightning, once its lvl 3 (16% i think) then you already hit the breakpoint and the additional cdr is wasted. (Extra spell dmg is nice though)

The problem is mjolner has the same internal cd of 150ms and the Awk CoC CDR is not global. This is why you need an additional CDR item so you can reach the next breakpoint on both ball lightnings.

"
Mwoua wrote:
If you have awakaned coc, you already have 22% cdr, so you dont need anything on boots / belt for the 7.57 breakpoint for cast on crit.

You can further optimize to the next breakpoint at 52% but its getting hard

Mjolnir use the same breakpoint, so if you want more trigger from it, you actually need 14% cdr on boots or belt

Ok gotcha, thanks alot for the clarifaction, makes all sense now!
How can I find a Lethal Pride jewel with the needed modifications? They are very weird to shop for.

Also, the ES Gained on Hit Watchers Eye is like, 12-14ex, is there anyway to get around needing that jewel because there's no way I'll be able to afford that. I have about 22ex total.
I could liquidate all my gear on a couple characters, but I really don't want to!
~ Seph
Last edited by sephrinx on Jan 14, 2020, 1:03:34 AM
So my next upgrade I think will either be a fort mjolnir or woke cox. If I go with coc how much aps am I aiming for, does it really matter that much?
"
Ichigo_333 wrote:
So my next upgrade I think will either be a fort mjolnir or woke cox. If I go with coc how much aps am I aiming for, does it really matter that much?

fort mjolner is far more important, woke coc doesnt do much for the build
"
sephrinx wrote:
How can I find a Lethal Pride jewel with the needed modifications? They are very weird to shop for.

Also, the ES Gained on Hit Watchers Eye is like, 12-14ex, is there anyway to get around needing that jewel because there's no way I'll be able to afford that. I have about 22ex total.
I could liquidate all my gear on a couple characters, but I really don't want to!

Lethal pride is just a divine sink, may have to spend 5-20 until you get something you like

energy shield leech in mjolner is serviceable, fenmus boots are nice as well, you could go with either of those and hold out for an eye while you upgrade other items
Last edited by Saturn_ on Jan 14, 2020, 1:26:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info