[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - up to 6M Shaper DPS, 11k ES, 5k+ ES Recovery/s

"
trixxar wrote:
"
gopotan wrote:
Good afternoon,

Can this build be done with budget around 15 exa?

I recently priced it on Meta, your biggest problem is that decent ES items will be 7-8ex which isnt bad, but then the watchers eye alone is 12ex right now.

You can use the Fenumus boots of course.

And how tanky i'll be with that budged tho?

Which items will be my top priority with this currency?
"
gopotan wrote:
"
trixxar wrote:
"
gopotan wrote:
Good afternoon,

I recently priced it on Meta, your biggest problem is that decent ES items will be 7-8ex which isnt bad, but then the watchers eye alone is 12ex right now.

I would buy an uncorrupted 6 link ilvl 86+ vaal regalia and hit it with dense fossils. Should only cost you about 2 exalt. Get an item with aspect of the spider, fenumus boots, 80+ strength amulet with utmost might, and try to fill in other slots with str/resists/es. That would get you started cheaply anyway.
The more I look into it, the more it seems like conductivity % chance does something but not a whole lot. It appears like it will make non crit ball lightnings have a % chance to apply shock, which given all of ball lightnings crit, isn't all too meaningful. If the damage is under the threshold then it wont apply a shock, even if conductivity is proceed.

Given that, the best option might be to have added lightning on the chest (presuming we can break the threshold).

I guess not knowing the treshhold is the big issue. The build does its dps through a massive *rate* of damage vs amount of it, so I'm not really sure how well it can shock metamorphs let alone end game bosses.
As i play with Fenumus and i'm looking for a good WE how would you guys recommend for instance?

increased Critical Strike Chance against Enemies on Consecrated Ground while affected by Zealotry

to Critical Strike Multiplier while affected by Precision

Haven't seen anyone talk about that combo in an WE for this build and i wonder why.

And I wanna thank you for this build N0esy, changed a week ago and have had so much fun with it. Will def look into other builds of yours in the future.

anyone have anythingo add on this ?
Last edited by PRYMZ on Jan 11, 2020, 11:20:52 AM
"
gopotan wrote:
"
trixxar wrote:
"
gopotan wrote:
Good afternoon,

You definitely don't need it, I played the entire day with just Fenumus boots since I sold my Eye and didn't find a better one until now and my survivability was still good.
"
gromkins wrote:

I would buy an uncorrupted 6 link ilvl 86+ vaal regalia and hit it with dense fossils. Should only cost you about 2 exalt. Get an item with aspect of the spider, fenumus boots, 80+ strength amulet with utmost might, and try to fill in other slots with str/resists/es. That would get you started cheaply anyway.

An uncorrupted 6 link ilvl 86+ vaal regalia costs almost 3ex...where are you getting those prices ??
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
"
azamantes wrote:
"
gromkins wrote:

An uncorrupted 6 link ilvl 86+ vaal regalia costs almost 3ex...where are you getting those prices ??

Yeah I guess they are closer to 3 now... Still not bad and should give you a lot of es.
"
gopotan wrote:
"
trixxar wrote:
"
gopotan wrote:
Good afternoon,

-Most expensive item will be 6-L Chest.
-Mjolner, Shaper's touch and Fenmus boots are pretty cheap.
-Ammy + Rings + Belt + Helmet + Shield are the remaining spots and with that budget you should be able to get good items in each slot and even afford the Tranquility annointment and Aspect of Spider craft.
-Forget the Watcher's Eye - just find one that you can use with remaining budget (i.e. crit chance, ele pen, etc.) - WE Discipline/Clarity are really not needed (I haven't used one yet).
"
livejamie wrote:
"
cryion wrote:
"
livejamie wrote:
How do we deal with stuns? Seems to be the only way I die.

You are immune to stun while spinning. Never stop spinning.

What can stop me from spinning? Maybe I'm getting chilled?

Most people with Mjolners aren't playing with Chayula but I have to because of my playstyle. I run quite a bit even with enemies around and loot all the time while I'm being attacked. For this reason I need to play with stun immunity or it's just too clunky - you lose out on damage from missing a rare ammy but get overall more ES from your Chayula (it's buffed now with 24% max life converted to ES if you use the defensive catalyst).
"
faytte wrote:
"
N0esy wrote:
"
faytte wrote:

Is getting 3 separate '5% chance for double damage' on Lethal Pride along with one '1% life regen per second' on the new passive tree (with thread of hope nodes) considered good? Curious before I invest divines.

Triple "5% chance to deal double damage" is insane.

It also has 5% strength on Golem Commander, which was not a node I was considering until today. Rakiata 14089 for anyone curious.

What the actual... !! If I found a Lethal Pride with 3x double damage I'd switch to in in a heartbeat. Currently using Militant Faith ever since I decided to up my base non-flask Crit by getting all power charges + disciple of forbidden; it's helped with Awakener where I'm usually out of flask charges due to spamming them to protect against freeze/bleed from hsi DIE beam. It's helped me quite a bit - because outside of this fight I have 100% flask uptime and insta-kill guardians/conquerors. I think I need to buy a Lethal Pride this weekend and play around with some divine orbs :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info