[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - up to 6M Shaper DPS, 11k ES, 5k+ ES Recovery/s

My question is not being clear on what the minimal shock is you can get from conductivity. Does it actually scale down to 0 based off your damage dealt? Didn't they make it easier to shock bosses recently?

My thought was added lightning in the hammer to proc shocks and elemental focus in the chest for maximum damage, but curious how many things we can actually shock now if conductivity does not assure some minimum shock value (?).
Last edited by faytte on Jan 9, 2020, 11:24:42 AM
"
faytte wrote:

Why inspiration over awakened ele focus? Isn't inspiration just 35% more damage?

Initially more helpful when my gear was in a different state, havnt rechecked in a while.

Inspiration boosts cyclone crit as well as ball lightning crit / damage. If i check my current unflasked DPS swapping inspiration for lets say awakened added lightning, is similar (50k dps difference out of ~10M). (Ele focus is more significant update.)

Inspiration also works well if you run dual inspiration setup in mjo as the mjo gets the benefit of the chest buff

In both cases other options are slightly better. With ele focus being noticably better. Ill likely swap out when i get an awakened added lightning gem.

It may seem silly to model assuming no flasks as you spend most of the game with flask charges up. For me I like to optimize more for boss encounters.

Last edited by Saturn_ on Jan 9, 2020, 12:20:14 PM
Ok found the patch notes. I think the old elder and shaper examples listed above are no longer relevant.

"
Shock and Chill calculations have been changed. In general, it is much easier to Shock and Chill monsters with low values of the ailment, but harder to reach high values of Shock and Chill. The formula used to calculate Shock and Chill magnitudes is now: 1/2*[Damage % of Ailment Threshold (see below) ]^0.4
We've added an Ailment Threshold to monsters. In the great majority of cases, the Ailment Threshold matches the monster's Maximum Life. It primarily differs for especially high-life monsters (such as The Shaper), where the threshold is reduced to allow ailments to be applied with hits that wouldn't ordinarily reach the required Life thresholds.
The minimum Shock and Chill value is now 5% (from 1%). To reach the minimum, you must deal 0.4% of a monster's Ailment Threshold with the associated element in a single hit. To inflict a 10% Chill you must deal 1.8% of a monster's Ailment Threshold with the associated element in a single hit. A 30% Chill requires a hit of 28% of the monster's Ailment Threshold.
The default Shock magnitude for effects that apply Shock without damage (such as Skitterbots) is now 15% (from 20%).

Question, is shock from conductivity a default shock? I imagine it is and thus would be 15%. Also do we know the new thresholds for bosses like Sirus and Shaper?
"
NomadFX wrote:

Thx for the Pob. Please use Ele Focus in your mainsetup for juicy 150k. you dont need the crit from inspiration. I have 9,7k ES, slowly creeping towards 10k. VRF is more a funny slotfiller than a needed addition to the build. Its nice for though open world-metamorphs tho. But it is the first gem to sacrifice if i need too. cheers.

Edit: Lol, if i would use militant faith instead of lethal hope my ES would drop to 8,6k but my chest dps would be 195k (w VRF)

Edit2: Here is my cleaned pob. the numbers are a bit higher than the one you used for the dps calculation. would you please so kind and calculate again? :D

164k chest
106k mjn
5.86 aps
1.00 hit
0.9984 crit

https://pastebin.com/nNZFNpmd

i have igniting conflux which syngerizes well with cinderswallow urn. its another 10% increased damage + ignite damage. any idea how to calculate that?

In POB effective dps there's a checkbox for target is ignited.
By assuming target is ignited your chest jumps to a staggering 176k and mj to 114K, which yields:

20.4M (VRF + Ignite + Flasks)
14.8M (Ignite + Flasks)
7.3M (Ignite)

For comparison If i switch to double ele focus:

18.7M (Flasked)
11.2M (Unflasked)

Last edited by Saturn_ on Jan 9, 2020, 11:50:20 AM
"
faytte wrote:
My question is not being clear on what the minimal shock is you can get from conductivity. Does it actually scale down to 0 based off your damage dealt? Didn't they make it easier to shock bosses recently?

My thought was added lightning in the hammer to proc shocks and elemental focus in the chest for maximum damage, but curious how many things we can actually shock now if conductivity does not assure some minimum shock value (?).

Im likely going a similar route but using lightning in chest ele focus in mjn so the magnitude of shocks will be bigger. I still don't know the full story with the new shock changes though.
"
Saturn_ wrote:
"
NomadFX wrote:

Thx for the Pob. Please use Ele Focus in your mainsetup for juicy 150k. you dont need the crit from inspiration. I have 9,7k ES, slowly creeping towards 10k. VRF is more a funny slotfiller than a needed addition to the build. Its nice for though open world-metamorphs tho. But it is the first gem to sacrifice if i need too. cheers.

Edit: Lol, if i would use militant faith instead of lethal hope my ES would drop to 8,6k but my chest dps would be 195k (w VRF)

Edit2: Here is my cleaned pob. the numbers are a bit higher than the one you used for the dps calculation. would you please so kind and calculate again? :D

164k chest
106k mjn
5.86 aps
1.00 hit
0.9984 crit

https://pastebin.com/nNZFNpmd

i have igniting conflux which syngerizes well with cinderswallow urn. its another 10% increased damage + ignite damage. any idea how to calculate that?

By assuming target is ignited your chest jumps to a staggering 176k and mj to 114K, which yields:

20.4M (VRF + Ignite + Flasks)
14.8M (Ignite + Flasks)
7.3M (Ignite)

thx a lot. amd VRF + Flasks?
"
NomadFX wrote:

thx a lot. amd VRF + Flasks?

18.9M

For reference the calculation im using is based on N0esy formula:

Chest Dps:

Average Damage = 163685.5
Attack Rate = 5.86
Effective Crit = .9984
Hit Chance = 1
Ball Lightning APS = 12

163K * 5.86 * .9984 * 1 * 12 = ~11.5M

Mjolner DPS:

Average Damage = 106030.7
Attack Rate = 5.86
Hit Chance = 1
Ball Lightning APS = 12

106K * 5.86 * 1 * 12 = ~7.4M
Last edited by Saturn_ on Jan 9, 2020, 11:57:31 AM
Good afternoon,

Can this build be done with budget around 15 exa?
"
Saturn_ wrote:
"
faytte wrote:

Im likely going a similar route but using lightning in chest ele focus in mjn so the magnitude of shocks will be bigger. I still don't know the full story with the new shock changes though.

Same thing I'm going for as soon as I reach lightning level 5, since the actual damage difference won't be that big and I should apply shocks more reliably that way.
Although if we cannot exceed the 15% default shock value from conductivity it might not matter anyway.
"
gopotan wrote:
Good afternoon,

Can this build be done with budget around 15 exa?

I recently priced it on Meta, your biggest problem is that decent ES items will be 7-8ex which isnt bad, but then the watchers eye alone is 12ex right now.

You can use the Fenumus boots of course.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info