[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - up to 6M Shaper DPS, 11k ES, 5k+ ES Recovery/s

Can't wield mjolner yet but it is pretty playable low level with fenumus boots and spider ring. Only spent 15c ring, 15c vaal regalia, 30c boots.

Hopefully wathcer's eye will come down in price.

Hello guys,
pretty cool build. Can Ball Lightning be switched out for arc ?
How good or bad would arc work in that scenario?
Would it be worth using Damage on Full Life over Elemental Focus one one or both ball lightnings?

Or is there some reason we shouldn't?
IGN: Vortexbern
For those who cant get a watchers eye, You can get Jewels with +3 Energy shield on hit. they do the job and will hold you over until you get your watcher's eye. Just fill those in the plentiful jewel sockets on the tree, and you're good
I was considering grabbing some of those jewels. They would only proc on cyclone hits though, right? Or ball lightning too?
IGN: Vortexbern
"
Einzbern wrote:
I was considering grabbing some of those jewels. They would only proc on cyclone hits though, right? Or ball lightning too?

I believe only cyclone, but its at least something to hold you off while grinding for that 10ex for the watcher's eye
I'm not playing this build this league, so some of the following comments may be incorrect.

"
TeamSlayer23 wrote:
Awesome build! Saw something similar from Mathil but with an Elementalist and life based. Have you considered/tried out the elementalist version and do you have any thoughts on it?

No, never considered the elementalist version. Elementalist doesn't have any synergy with crit.

"
Isaac1337 wrote:
Hello guys,
pretty cool build. Can Ball Lightning be switched out for arc ?
How good or bad would arc work in that scenario?

I'm not a fan of Arc in this build because you'll lose dps and ES on hit recovery. Arc might give you better clear speed if monster pack size is small. But once you reach endgame and monster pack size becomes large, ball lightning will be better at clearing as well because ball lightning hits ALL the enemies inside its area.

IMO, ball lightning is decent in every situation, while arc is good only in a specific situation.

"
Einzbern wrote:
Would it be worth using Damage on Full Life over Elemental Focus one one or both ball lightnings?

Or is there some reason we shouldn't?

No, you shouldn't. Damage on full life support works only on attacks, and ball lightning is a spell.

"
xkitarux wrote:
"
Einzbern wrote:

I believe only cyclone, but its at least something to hold you off while grinding for that 10ex for the watcher's eye

Assuming your aps is 6.0, the +3 ES on hit jewel gives you 18 ES recovery per second against a single target, which is useless. Before you get the Watcher's eye, use energy shield leech and/or the spider boots. You can also take some ES leech nodes (ethereal feast and/or light eater) to increase the leech rate.

Anyone tried playing this build with:

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Manastorm

In theory, you could just pop any instant cast skill while cycloning for a massive 4s damage boost on command. Just get - mana cost on a ring to reduce cyclone's cost to 0.
Last edited by Kyokuji on Dec 21, 2019, 7:21:33 PM
"
Einzbern wrote:

Hits only.
For the people not yet having a watchers eye: Get the Spider Boots. It has been said before, but people are still asking, so im saying it once again.
They work very well, i am farming juiced up t16 Maps with this and am able to kill T16 Shaper/Elder Guardians. Absolutely no problem, and they are pretty easy to get!
Havent tried Sirius yet, but from what i know of the fight, that wont be a problem either. (Or rather, the problem is something else.)

"
Kyokuji wrote:
Anyone tried playing this build with:

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Manastorm

In theory, you could just pop any instant cast skill while cycloning for a massive 4s damage boost on command. Just get - mana cost on a ring to reduce cyclone's cost to 0.

I have never tested or read upon the mechanics, but from the wording its pretty clear that its sacrificing the mana you have at the moment, not the max mana.
Which means, if you reserve almost all your mana, you will get nothing out of this.
With this build, you do reserve almost all of your mana though, because the permanent effect of auras etc is really needed - both for offense and defensive.
=> I dont think this is worth considering.
Last edited by Cassla on Dec 22, 2019, 10:36:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info