[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - up to 6M Shaper DPS, 11k ES, 5k+ ES Recovery/s

livejamie
Last edited by livejamie on Apr 3, 2020, 6:59:37 AM
Anyone here can help me with a vagan craft ?

Or do you know a reliable craft provider this league ?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
@N0esy

I dont really know. Probably DPS wise looking for a better build without Mjölner. (if thats even possible). also i think my 10k ES ist kinda on the lower end. I was hoping to get to see a pob of some elite standard coc lightning player
"
N0esy wrote:
"
IWannaPeonU wrote:

How much different is the non Mjolnir Guide and what are the pros/cons. I just scrapped my main char and am thinking of trying this out. Got a good 80ex to spend :D

After the nerf to shaper's touch, you cannot justify to invest so much in strength, so I decided not to use Mjolner.
With a rare sceptre, you can have more dps because it has much more aps and base crit chance. I don't even need increased crit support in the main link so I can use a damage support instead. My DPS used to be 6-8M with Mjolner, and now I'm aiming at 20M. If you decide to go LL, you'll have more than 30M I guess. Gearing is easier because you don't have to get strength from all pieces of your gear. The new unique gloves are also nice, you deal 30-35% more damage if you drop a vortex. You'll lose accuracy rating by dropping shaper's touch, but you can use the "hits can't be evaded" on your weapon instead.

The cons are:
1) Less ball lightning procs, which means less ES on hit. This can be kind of solved if you get 52% cooldown recovery speed and 10 aps, assuming that hitting 10 aps with Mjolner is not realistic.
2) Crafting a good sceptre is difficult and can cost a lot. I bought all the Karui sceptres with T1 AS + T1 crit and failed annuling the unnecessary suffix. No wonder there are no such items on the market now... But you don't need a good AS roll until you get 52% cooldown recovery speed. My sceptre has a bad AS roll but it is actually perfect for now.
If you don't need fortify (from the cluster jewel mod overlord), you can use a claw or a dagger, which are easier to craft.

With 80ex your character will be stronger than mine.

How does the Sceptre variant compare to CI Ice Nova with Cospri's Malice?
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:

How does the Sceptre variant compare to CI Ice Nova with Cospri's Malice?

I have't played a CI ice nova build, but by looking at Kami's CoC ice nova guide, I can say the following:
1) Offensively, the ball lightning build deals more damage against stationary targets. My DPS is 25M now, while his build has less than 10M (based on his PoB). This means that the ball lightning build can kill delirium bosses much quicker than the ice nova build because they are mostly stationary. On the other hand, Sirus teleports a lot, so the ice nova build might be able to kill Sirus more quickly.

2) The two builds have different layers of defense. The ball lightning build has more ES on hit (because ball lightning hits more frequently), fortify, sap, and 50% block chance, while the ice nova build has capped block chance (you take 50% damage on block tho), ES on block and corpse destruction via shuttering. I have no idea which has better defense.
Last edited by N0esy on Apr 3, 2020, 7:42:24 AM
ok this is how look my Ball lightning Trickster version right now.

i thinking about drop left side and pick the Jewel socket next to Projectile dmg put thread of hope and pick the Phase acro and maybe change boots (if there's a way to get max res) to Atziri Step so i can get 10% chance to dodge spells from ascendancy + 30 from phase acro + 16 from boots + 6 with corrupt so i can sit with 62% dodge spells combine with high evasion, flesh and stone give me insane survi with less dmg cost. also i can drop my Brutal Restraint (have 94% Cyclone crit without it) and get Glorious Vanity with Kiloava and get Glancing Blows for even more def as i generate frenzy and power charge and get 5% dmg per power/frenzy charge i can't use Militant faith.
need to test everything.
Last edited by Rejz0 on Apr 3, 2020, 9:10:32 AM
Wouldent you want to use an Awakend Cast on critical strike?
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
"
Romulas19 wrote:
Wouldent you want to use an Awakend Cast on critical strike?

Yes, but it is too expensive at the moment. Plus, I need a sceptre with a good AS roll and boots with the increased cooldown recovery speed mod to make use of woke cast on crit. That's my final goal of the league.
Wow the price of Deafening Essence of Loathing skylocketed. Is this because I recommended this essence for the sceptre crafting? LOL. When I recommended this essence it cost only 5c.

"
N0esy wrote:
Wow the price of Deafening Essence of Loathing skylocketed. Is this because I recommended this essence for the sceptre crafting? LOL. When I recommended this essence it cost only 5c.

Is noesy the new mathil ? *thinking*

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info