[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - up to 6M Shaper DPS, 11k ES, 5k+ ES Recovery/s

So, i dropped a doctor card today on my third burial chamber, this is the richest i`ve ever been lul. I gotta admit that I didnt see the post about 3.10 changes, not using mjolner and etc, was following the front page basically.

I think my damage and survivability can be improved, but I was clearing fine on red tier maps with this quick setup, yes i was dying but I know my gear is not optimized and I didnt even spend too much on the build to be honest, the 6l chest was the most expensive for 6ex. Got like 16 ex in currency plus the doctor card which im gonna sell soon, so that should be like 30+ex to spend. saying this these are my items. when you have the time, I would love if you could give some insight on what I should change. I`m gonna buy the watchers eye+doryanis boots, and I wanted bootled faith but I think i cant afford everything. Should I also change weapon? I got this mjolner for like 50c, and I would change for the fortify mjolner. Also Im using 3 rare jewels similar to those rare ones, with es, resistances and crit multi

If changing weapons is the case, do I also need to change my passive tree too much?
my pob: https://pastebin.com/KsMRM6iS

Thank you gor the advices you gave before, this build is really fun and makes ed contagion look boring as fuck

Last edited by Trakys on Apr 3, 2020, 6:51:16 PM
"
Trakys wrote:
So, i dropped a doctor card today on my third burial chamber, this is the richest i`ve ever been lul. I gotta admit that I didnt see the post about 3.10 changes, not using mjolner and etc, was following the front page basically.

I think my damage and survivability can be improved, but I was clearing fine on red tier maps with this quick setup, yes i was dying but I know my gear is not optimized and I didnt even spend too much on the build to be honest, the 6l chest was the most expensive for 6ex. Got like 16 ex in currency plus the doctor card which im gonna sell soon, so that should be like 30+ex to spend. saying this these are my items. when you have the time, I would love if you could give some insight on what I should change. I`m gonna buy the watchers eye+doryanis boots, and I wanted bootled faith but I think i cant afford everything. Should I also change weapon? I got this mjolner for like 50c, and I would change for the fortify mjolner. Also Im using 3 rare jewels similar to those rare ones, with es, resistances and crit multi

If changing weapons is the case, do I also need to change my passive tree too much?

Thank you gor the advices you gave before, this build is really fun and makes ed contagion look boring as fuck

Get watchers with es on hit its improve ur survival alot.
Anyway @N0esy can u facetank (without beam) Kosis on 100% delirium? I Just facetank him. And Just wanna know if assassin still can do that.
Last edited by Rejz0 on Apr 3, 2020, 7:15:10 PM
"
Trakys wrote:

Hi. You are using Algor Mortis instead of Shaper's Touch. Although Algor Mortis has a really good synergy with this build, you cannot replace Shaper's touch because you need accuracy rating from it. You now have only 79% hit chance, and this is causing a huge drop in DPS. Remember that in the scepter version of the build, we use the "Hits can't be evaded " mod to solve this issue. In addition, your 412 strength is kinda wasted if you don't use Shaper's Touch. As you know, 412 strength is a lot of investment, and simply equipping Mjolner is not enough to justify the investment.

So, is it better for you to switch to the secptre version? I'm not sure. The Mjolner version is weaker now than last league, but it should still be strong enough to do all content, including T16 maps with 5 delirium orbs. However, it is more expensive than the sceptre version because you need a lot of strength from all pieces of your gear. The scepter version is, in theory, cheaper. But there is one problem: Good sceptres and cluster jewels are not available on the market. It's not like they are expensive. They don't exist. I'm trying to find a way to make it possible for everyone to play the newer version, but I haven't found a solution yet.

If you decide to switch to the sceptre version, give me a few days to write a new guide, which will include a budget gear. If you decide not to switch, let me know so I can give you more detailed advice.

"
Rejz0 wrote:

Get watchers with es on hit its improve ur survival alot.
Anyway @N0esy can u facetank (without beam) Kosis on 100% delirium? I Just facetank him. And Just wanna know if assassin still can do that.

Not sure if I can face tank Kosis in a 100% delirium, T16 map because I haven't tried to face tank it. I have no problem with Kosis though. I never felt it difficult. Today I ran a T19 100% delirium map, and I was one-shot by the Kosis' nova skill just after his teleport. I think I can tank it in a T16 map.
Last edited by N0esy on Apr 3, 2020, 8:21:47 PM
You are right noesy, I forgot about my hit chance without shapers glove. I sure can wait, dont worry about it, take your time. I`ll also brainstorm on what I can change based on this thread replies, thanks
Is there a replacement for that watcher's eye? My budget's only around 15ex... and that watcher's eye with the ES on hit costs min 15ex
"
Wobbly wrote:
Is there a replacement for that watcher's eye? My budget's only around 15ex... and that watcher's eye with the ES on hit costs min 15ex

Wobbly, look the budget version on the gear section, it will answer your question
"
Trakys wrote:
"
Wobbly wrote:

Wobbly, look the budget version on the gear section, it will answer your question

Crap, can't believe I missed that. However the boots look like it requires aspect of the spider? Where do I get that from?

Also, when should I start using cyclone? I find after switching gears that my cyclone only has 13% crit chance? Isn't that way too low to use this effectively? I'm currently level 63 so not a lot of gears are available
Last edited by Wobbly on Apr 4, 2020, 2:40:30 AM
"
Wobbly wrote:
"
Trakys wrote:
"
Wobbly wrote:

Crap, can't believe I missed that. However the boots look like it requires aspect of the spider? Where do I get that from?

Also, when should I start using cyclone? I find after switching gears that my cyclone only has 13% crit chance? Isn't that way too low to use this effectively? I'm currently level 63 so not a lot of gears are available

you can have aspect of the spider on the other items:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Aspect_of_the_Spider

an example:

Regarding crit chance don`t look at the numbers sitting in your hideout. Keep in mind that during combat it will be higher (due to power charges for example). If you are not familiar how to check it in POB you can always go on a map, start attacking untill you will get all power charges and then check the crit chance.
Last edited by Rivot on Apr 4, 2020, 6:42:35 AM
Man been looking for that "Megalomaniac Jewel" with those 3 mods for the past few days with no luck, i have 14 ex id spend on that.
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info