[3.12] Double Strike / Flicker Assassin ~ League starter and ender! U-Elder and U-Atziri deathless!

hey lads, just coming in for a quick review. I started mapping yesterday and wanted to ask you guys if i've messed up anything and what upgrades to start shooting for now.
"
hey lads, just coming in for a quick review. I started mapping yesterday and wanted to ask you guys if i've messed up anything and what upgrades to start shooting for now.

You'll have to set your profile to public, else we can't see your character.
Weird it should've been public. Can you see now.
Hey been really enjoying the build, but was wondering if I could get some pointers on what I would be best off upgrading next as I've finally saved up some currency thanks in advance!
"
Weird it should've been public. Can you see now.

Works now, yes. Upgrades depend on your budget of course, but very cheap and basically free upgrades would be quality to 20% your weapons for a bit more damage, get a cheap corrupted 6-link rare chest with the correct colours (some life and res). More life on your belt and a better jewel socketed into it (with life). Get life on your ring without, get more accuracy if needed on rings or amulet. Get rid of the quicksilver flask and get a damage flask instead (taste of heat, sulphur flask or something like that).
How are you doing with the mana ? cause it cost a lot of mana to flick all time
"
requin8 wrote:
How are you doing with the mana ? cause it cost a lot of mana to flick all time

You just use a mana leech node around the dualist part of the tree. Will leech enough to constantly keep you at max mana, no matter if you are flickering or double stricking.
"
roguemjb wrote:
"
mefistofx wrote:
I struggle with a lack of damage to bosses. I can't kill Baran or Drox without dying because my potions and Vaal skills are wasted. Do you know how to deal with this? Are 6 links for double strike necessary? I have just 4 ex and few chaoses to spend and don't know what should I upgrade in the first place

2 major things. Your weapons aren't 20% quality. You have no accuracy anywhere at all, so your accuracy is probably 85% or something. Next, is just practice.

The Ancestral Warchief totem is 12 seconds. The Vaal AWC totem is 6 seconds, that's next. Then, pop Vaal Double Strike, aka the doubles (the boys), then your 4 damage pots (or just 3 if you haven't gotten a 4th yet). Get good at doing all of this as quickly as possible.

1. Totem
2. Vaal Totem
3. Boys
4. pots
5. Finally start dpsing yourself til it's dead.

How can I improve my accuracy? Will it be better if I start looking at some swords with 300+ DPS and more than 1.8 attack speed with crit multiplayer? Or make Assassin's Mark on Hit a priority?

I will check your attack skill sequence with next boss, hope it works because now it's more active everything I have. But how do you deal with bosses with Vaal totem and the boys on cooldowns?

Maybe it's dumb questions but this is my second season and it's quite different to play than my previous build and I wish could understand how to deal with a lot of new informations :)
Last edited by mefistofx on Mar 19, 2020, 10:22:03 AM
Accuracy is a separate stat. You can gain it on your amulet, gloves, rings, there are also swords with it (though its usually better to get it on the other slots).

You can search for gloves with +300 or +400 to accuracy for example. Your banner adds a bit as well and precision also. The ice golem helps on top of that.

Best to use PoB to check your accuracy against various enemies or see the in game sheet (if I don't have my numbers wrong your are shooting for 3k - 3.5k accuracy for late game).
"
mefistofx wrote:
I will check your attack skill sequence with next boss, hope it works because now it's more active everything I have. But how do you deal with bosses with Vaal totem and the boys on cooldowns?

Here's some clips of this build in Metamorph doing a 3-second kill on Awakening 8 Drox and Al-Hezmin. Baran and Veritania also get deleted just as fast. Also note, this was only a couple weeks into the league with about 10ex or less gear investment, half of which was the 6L Belly and about 2 ex for each Foil. So totally achievable on a modest budget, with more investment just making it even more lul-tastic.

Bosses are somewhat more difficult without Vaal skills, as you can't just delete them instantaneously, but still doable with some finesse. Although I usually just hold onto my Vaal Skills for bosses, since it's not like I need them when everything else dies in a Flicker.
Last edited by Verdale on Mar 19, 2020, 12:09:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info