[3.12] Double Strike / Flicker Assassin ~ League starter and ender! U-Elder and U-Atziri deathless!

"
loukas22 wrote:
"
roguemjb wrote:
"
loukas22 wrote:
Hey there :)
Loving the build so far and double strike is my fav skill.
Is there any other skill we can use for besides flicker? Not a huge fan :/
Great build keep it up

Edit : Bladestorm or reave? im sure there is something better

No worries! This was a Double Strike build before it was a DS / Flicker build.

Reave on a 4 link would be decent enough for clear, with 6 link single target Double Strike. Reave doesn't need Splash or Call at all. You could try Bladestorm I suppose, I have less experience with that one. Try some things out in game and in PoB and see what feels best!

Thanks so much for the reply <3 i kinda prefer reave. any ideas for the 4th link? since splash is not needed

You can't use Ancestral Call with Reave either, so you have 2 free links to play with. Reave-Melee-Multi-Ruthless would be my suggestion. Pulverize is a good choice over Ruthless as well though, as getting bigger AoE for clearing is as important as damage.
"
roguemjb wrote:
"
loukas22 wrote:
"
roguemjb wrote:

No worries! This was a Double Strike build before it was a DS / Flicker build.

Reave on a 4 link would be decent enough for clear, with 6 link single target Double Strike. Reave doesn't need Splash or Call at all. You could try Bladestorm I suppose, I have less experience with that one. Try some things out in game and in PoB and see what feels best!

Thanks so much for the reply <3 i kinda prefer reave. any ideas for the 4th link? since splash is not needed

You can't use Ancestral Call with Reave either, so you have 2 free links to play with. Reave-Melee-Multi-Ruthless would be my suggestion. Pulverize is a good choice over Ruthless as well though, as getting bigger AoE for clearing is as important as damage.

Reave works great and u were right pulv is better. Any other ideas for another skill that might also work?

Edit:
Have you tried dual strike? or does double strike hits twice?
Last edited by loukas22 on Mar 7, 2020, 5:46:38 PM
Looking foward to start and main this build in 3.10.

I got used to running Deadly Infusion (CoC), but I guess the increased damage is simply not needed and with Ambush the clear of Flicker will feel so much better that the increased crit of deadly + movement speed is just not worth it, do I see that correctly?

Also, I did run (again, CoC Ice Nova Ass) Soul Tether + Atziri's Acu in 3.9, and the overleech + vaal pact felt amazing for sustain, especially with Corrupted Soul from glorious vanity (5.5k Life, 4.5k ES). So I'm a bit vary of one-shots with "only" 6.5 - 7k eHP. But I assume going that vaal pact/hybrid ES way is not really worth it here, since we go acro, the vaal pact leech is not needed, and losing the belt-slot for soul tether vs stygian would be a big hit.

How was your experience against the T15/16 Metamorph oneshots? (Besides some of those extreme mod-combos and/or corps explosion, which kill any build either way.)

Guess no vaal pact would also allow for that sweet bottled faith regen.

Thanks a bunch! Looking forward to this, just praying that the patch won't nerf assassin.
Hey man, thanks for all the hard work you put in making this guide. Much Appreciated!

I have a few questions:

1. In PoB I noticed that your chaos res is at -25%. I tried to follow closely and I got mine to about 10% and rest of element res capped. Is chaos damage rare enough and not super dangerous to survival?

2.With hate,warbanner, precision and purity, I have 68/602 mana and 80 int. Dual strike is fine but Flicker seems to oom me and I can only do 2 and then 1 and then wait a sec for mana and do it again. Seems to slow down my flow. Where does the mana regen in your build come from to spam flicker?
Should I drop one of the reds for blood magic or drop herald of purity for now?
Not OP, but:

"
pigeoncrush wrote:
1. In PoB I noticed that your chaos res is at -25%. I tried to follow closely and I got mine to about 10% and rest of element res capped. Is chaos damage rare enough and not super dangerous to survival?

Chaos usually is not that important. Some leagues back you would ignore it mostly, but now you at least want some investment if you can. Having it at around 0 without flasks (+ Atziri's if you run it) is nice, going higher than that is ok but not needed (if you can without losing out on other good stats on gear its a nice QoL).

"
pigeoncrush wrote:
2.With hate,warbanner, precision and purity, I have 68/602 mana and 80 int. Dual strike is fine but Flicker seems to oom me and I can only do 2 and then 1 and then wait a sec for mana and do it again. Seems to slow down my flow. Where does the mana regen in your build come from to spam flicker?

If I'm seeing your tree correctly, you don't have the life/mana leech node right under Vaal Pact allocated.
"
Holint_Casazr wrote:
Looking foward to start and main this build in 3.10.

I got used to running Deadly Infusion (CoC), but I guess the increased damage is simply not needed and with Ambush the clear of Flicker will feel so much better that the increased crit of deadly + movement speed is just not worth it, do I see that correctly?

Also, I did run (again, CoC Ice Nova Ass) Soul Tether + Atziri's Acu in 3.9, and the overleech + vaal pact felt amazing for sustain, especially with Corrupted Soul from glorious vanity (5.5k Life, 4.5k ES). So I'm a bit vary of one-shots with "only" 6.5 - 7k eHP. But I assume going that vaal pact/hybrid ES way is not really worth it here, since we go acro, the vaal pact leech is not needed, and losing the belt-slot for soul tether vs stygian would be a big hit.

How was your experience against the T15/16 Metamorph oneshots? (Besides some of those extreme mod-combos and/or corps explosion, which kill any build either way.)

Guess no vaal pact would also allow for that sweet bottled faith regen.

Thanks a bunch! Looking forward to this, just praying that the patch won't nerf assassin.

I think you will enjoy this build for sure. We get effortlessly get so much dodge, it's silly. Around level 85 when I still had lousy gear, I chose some less difficult metamorph mods, life leech and regen were really shitty. But once I got to 90+ and some decent gear, I stopped even looking at mods, literally, metamorphs die in 2 seconds on juiced t16s. I should have gotten more vids of it. And yes, Mistwalker is such a great node, it's worth giving up Deadly Infusion, the damage is not needed but the defense you gain is fantasmic. You're going to feel like an anime ninja speeding through maps after playing anything else :D
Spoiler
"
Holint_Casazr wrote:
Not OP, but:

"
pigeoncrush wrote:

Chaos usually is not that important. Some leagues back you would ignore it mostly, but now you at least want some investment if you can. Having it at around 0 without flasks (+ Atziri's if you run it) is nice, going higher than that is ok but not needed (if you can without losing out on other good stats on gear its a nice QoL).

"
pigeoncrush wrote:

If I'm seeing your tree correctly, you don't have the life/mana leech node right under Vaal Pact allocated.

Holint nailed both of these. You need mana leech, my dude! Literally any mana leech at all will work fine.
"
Holint_Casazr wrote:
Not OP, but:

"
pigeoncrush wrote:

"
pigeoncrush wrote:

thanks for info about chaos and wow that was the most important 1 minor passive ever. Works like a charm, thanks!
Thank you for this build, this was my first poe league and I'm glad I made it through most of the endgame with your build. It was a lot of fun and honestly I might be spoiled for any other builds going foward.
"
Thank you for this build, this was my first poe league and I'm glad I made it through most of the endgame with your build. It was a lot of fun and honestly I might be spoiled for any other builds going foward.

Once you go flicker, you don't go back

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info