[3.12] Double Strike / Flicker Assassin ~ League starter and ender! U-Elder and U-Atziri deathless!

Hey, what do you think about changing the ice golem and the for a CWDT Steel skin on the second foil? Do you think the DPS loss is worth the increase in survivability?
"
Hey, what do you think about changing the ice golem and the for a CWDT Steel skin on the second foil? Do you think the DPS loss is worth the increase in survivability?

I wouldn't, but feel free to take it for a spin. I am pretty unimpressed with the guard skills, I think to make it worth to even have socketed, you need to get increased duration and empower on it. Also, the ice golem isn't just for a small dps boost, it's also a big part of how we hit 100% hit chance. Turning off my ice golem in PoB brings me to 97% and a loss of 850k dps.
Yeah, it doesn't seem worth it. Thank you, your reasoning makes a lot of sense!
Some pretty sick notables announced today, just a couple of my favorites here:

Hit and Run
Attack Skills deal 20% increased Damage while Dual Wielding
4% chance to Dodge Attack or Spell Hits if you've Hit an Enemy Recently

Pressure Points
Your Critical Strikes have a 5% chance to deal Double Damage
40% increased Critical Strike Chance

Overwhelming Malice
10% chance to gain Unholy Might for 4 seconds on Critical Strike (Completely negating the temptation for Sin's Rebirth, as 10% means it should be up all the time once combat starts!)

Force Multiplier
5% chance to deal Double Damage
25% increased Physical Damage

Double damage is the biggest increase to dps, followed by multiplier. 4% to dodge and spell dodge is pretty sweet too. Here's hoping these aren't too difficult to obtain.
OMG, I love that build so much, thank you for amazing work!~

I play both Champion & Assassin Flicker strick, and and all are great.

For delve, I just found it, i replace flicker strick by Lightning strick, No need to change any other gem, feel so good! try it.
Last edited by HydraGTV on Mar 10, 2020, 7:52:02 AM
"
HydraGTV wrote:
OMG, I love that build so much, thank you for amazing work!~

I play both Champion & Assassin Flicker strick, and and all are great.

For delve, I just found it, i replace flicker strick by Lightning strick, No need to change any other gem, feel so good! try it.

Lightning Strike would work great there for sure! Melee Splash would be replaced with Ruthless or something in that case.
really interested with the champ version because of the new impale cluster jewels. how do you think using impale on DS is going to be? Thank u looking forward to leaguestarting with this as a champion unless the patch notes says otherwise. thanks!
"
VRCEEEEE wrote:
really interested with the champ version because of the new impale cluster jewels. how do you think using impale on DS is going to be? Thank u looking forward to leaguestarting with this as a champion unless the patch notes says otherwise. thanks!

That's looking like a solid option. Impale gets some juicy notables, but Elusive looks to be getting nerfed :( sad day for Assassin.
Nerf to elusive and mistwalker, buff to opportunistic and ambush/assasinate.

"
Elusive now grants 30% increased movement speed (from 40%), 15% chance to dodge attacks (from 20%) and 15% chance to dodge spells (from 20%).

Opportunistic now grants 25% more Damage while there is at most one Rare or Unique enemy nearby (from 20%)

Ambush and Assassinate now grants 25% more Damage with Hits and Ailments against Enemies that are on low life (from 20%).

Mistwalker now grants 15% increased Attack and Cast Speed while Elusive (from 20%).

Not sure if this is a buff/nerf in terms of damage, bit annoying for the loss of dodge and movement speed. Will still start with Assassin (and tbf, Mistwalker + Elusive was such a strong ascendancy note in 3.9).
"
Holint_Casazr wrote:
Nerf to elusive and mistwalker, buff to opportunistic and ambush/assasinate.

"
Elusive now grants 30% increased movement speed (from 40%), 15% chance to dodge attacks (from 20%) and 15% chance to dodge spells (from 20%).

Opportunistic now grants 25% more Damage while there is at most one Rare or Unique enemy nearby (from 20%)

Ambush and Assassinate now grants 25% more Damage with Hits and Ailments against Enemies that are on low life (from 20%).

Mistwalker now grants 15% increased Attack and Cast Speed while Elusive (from 20%).

Not sure if this is a buff/nerf in terms of damage, bit annoying for the loss of dodge and movement speed. Will still start with Assassin (and tbf, Mistwalker + Elusive was such a strong ascendancy note in 3.9).

This will be a big buff to damage. The Opportunistic buff alone is enough to make up for the 5% attack speed, then A&A buffed as well, I am satisfied. The dodge nerf hurts though, Idk why they had to nerf Mistwalker when the issue was the free Elusive on boots for other classes. Ah well. Deadly Infusion looks a bit better now, but I think I still want the dodge, such as it is. There are some nice dodge notables to stack as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info