[3.12] Double Strike / Flicker Assassin ~ League starter and ender! U-Elder and U-Atziri deathless!

Just wanted to say what an absolute joy this build is to level. Went with Double Strike + Splash + Ancestral until 28 when I started using Flicker for clear and DS for single.

Only quibble is how annoying Lion's Roar is, but if you position your Vaal DS boys on the other side of the boss, you can keep the boss in place :)
"
QkiPie wrote:
Just wanted to say what an absolute joy this build is to level. Went with Double Strike + Splash + Ancestral until 28 when I started using Flicker for clear and DS for single.

Only quibble is how annoying Lion's Roar is, but if you position your Vaal DS boys on the other side of the boss, you can keep the boss in place :)

Yep, that's the way. I put my totems on either side and behind the target, so it's in a triangle.
"
MiguelFg wrote:
Currently playing as champion but the survability sucks, Im ok in losing dps if I gain quality of life (I hate dying randomly every 10 minutes).

If I switch from Champion to Assassin, the main difference will be less damage but more survability?

Survivability for sure, because Mistwalker is amazing. Less damage is arguable, since Champion can't gain charges which is helpful on bosses and has to hit something before its damage perks kick in, meaning it always has a first hit that is lousy.
"
dattenlagiday wrote:
I just slammed a crusader's ex into my weapon and now 25% physical dmg of my converted to cold dmg, is that good or bad for dps?

It can only hurt, unfortunately. I think most calculations are done before conversion, so it shouldn't be too bad.
"
enjie1337 wrote:
Hey, I love the build so far!

Could you check my gear? I'm curious what to upgrade next, thinking my weapons?

Thanks in advance!

Definitely weapons. Playing standard? Nice chest :)
Killed Uber Elder today for the first time ever, thanks to this build (and those absurdly poweful swords lol)!

A good tip for those fighting against bosses, like Sirus who has no ads: it is a good idea to exchange the Flicker Strike setup for a CwdT setup, maybe with Steelskin and Immortal Call. Helped me survive some messups in Sirus and Uber Elder fights (though I died and came back with Flicker again in Uber Elder fight, and it helped a lot with the ads).

I'm done with this league, I finally finished this incredible game, and the best part is that I did it with a melee build! As always thanks for the work you put in this build, hope to see you active in the next league!
I have supported by fortify on my boots with flicker, does it also need to be on the chest piece? It seems like a wasted slot if I can just quickly flicker the boss then have fortify if I really need it. Wouldn't it be better to socket in something else like brutality or impale?

Also for the Flicker Set up am I meant to run Ancestral Call or Melee Physical Damage support
Last edited by GhostbladeOCE on Jan 22, 2020, 9:49:00 PM
Aspect of the Spider or Fortify Support?
"
roguemjb wrote:
"
enjie1337 wrote:
Hey, I love the build so far!

Could you check my gear? I'm curious what to upgrade next, thinking my weapons?

Thanks in advance!

Definitely weapons. Playing standard? Nice chest :)

Yea playing standard!
There's a ton of people on PoE.Ninja who use The Saviour and Paradoxica. What would be best mods to aim for on the latter?
Last edited by sqvirel on Jan 23, 2020, 3:27:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info