[3.12] Double Strike / Flicker Assassin ~ League starter and ender! U-Elder and U-Atziri deathless!

Hi! I was looking for a build using Flicker strike and this one looks pretty good.

But before leveling a new char etc I had some questions :

Is this build strong enough to speed farm T16 and having fun without getting OS at every boss of every map ? lol
Is it possible to get decent damage / survivability on a "low budget" (I mean like ~6ex) for mapping ? (I just want to be sure)

And finally i'm playing only on standard mod so.. I don't really care about those huge metamorph and don't really want to do endgame boss with this build, just having fun and kill conquerors for exemple.

Thanks if you answer to my questions, have a nice day !
Last edited by FezuPapa on Jan 23, 2020, 3:54:55 PM
Just did Uber Elder and dropped a Precision + Hatred Jewel. The Build only gets more fun from here!
"
sqvirel wrote:
There's a ton of people on PoE.Ninja who use The Saviour and Paradoxica. What would be best mods to aim for on the latter?

Also curious on what changes should be made if you want to run these two weapons, I want them as my end game goal for sure
"
Killed Uber Elder today for the first time ever, thanks to this build (and those absurdly poweful swords lol)!

A good tip for those fighting against bosses, like Sirus who has no ads: it is a good idea to exchange the Flicker Strike setup for a CwdT setup, maybe with Steelskin and Immortal Call. Helped me survive some messups in Sirus and Uber Elder fights (though I died and came back with Flicker again in Uber Elder fight, and it helped a lot with the ads).

I'm done with this league, I finally finished this incredible game, and the best part is that I did it with a melee build! As always thanks for the work you put in this build, hope to see you active in the next league!

Awesome, great to hear! I will still be here next league, you bet! I can't wait to see what neato new stuff we will get to play with!
"
GhostbladeOCE wrote:
I have supported by fortify on my boots with flicker, does it also need to be on the chest piece? It seems like a wasted slot if I can just quickly flicker the boss then have fortify if I really need it. Wouldn't it be better to socket in something else like brutality or impale?

Also for the Flicker Set up am I meant to run Ancestral Call or Melee Physical Damage support

Fortify is a great damage gem too, it's not just to get the fortify buff. Feel free to check it in PoB, it's definitely not a wasted slot. I'd give up Ruthless sooner than Fortify.
"
GuerrAgro wrote:
Aspect of the Spider or Fortify Support?

Aspect of the Spider is an aura, so why would you want that? Fortify on boots is essential. If you want to discuss auras, we can, but you need Fortify on boots for sure, it's a huge damage loss not to have it.
"
GhostbladeOCE wrote:
"
sqvirel wrote:
There's a ton of people on PoE.Ninja who use The Saviour and Paradoxica. What would be best mods to aim for on the latter?

Also curious on what changes should be made if you want to run these two weapons, I want them as my end game goal for sure

From what I can see, no changes needed. I would suggest getting any attack speed you can get though, since both those swords are so slow. Tailwind + Fortify boots ftw!
"
FezuPapa wrote:
Hi! I was looking for a build using Flicker strike and this one looks pretty good.

But before leveling a new char etc I had some questions :

Is this build strong enough to speed farm T16 and having fun without getting OS at every boss of every map ? lol
Is it possible to get decent damage / survivability on a "low budget" (I mean like ~6ex) for mapping ? (I just want to be sure)

And finally i'm playing only on standard mod so.. I don't really care about those huge metamorph and don't really want to do endgame boss with this build, just having fun and kill conquerors for exemple.

Thanks if you answer to my questions, have a nice day !

1. Yes, absolutely. I don't even look at mods on the metamorph, only the rewards.
2. Yes, this is a great league starter, and you can easily upgrade as you go.
3. Conquerors are nothing compared to a juiced up t16 metamorph, you will slaughter them easily.

Have fun!

Wondering whether anointing this with Tribal Fury is worth the price for the oils. I was thinking of getting the best possible one before the anoint but eh, it seems ok?
This is a wonderful build! I switched over to it from a pure flicker build, and this still clears 80% as fast, while killing bosses in a tenth of the time, and dying far less often. Right now I'm thinking this is what I'm gonna stick with for the rest of the league.

Also, it's possible I'm undervaluing attack speed, but I'd put in a word for using Shaper's Touch with this. Even with basically no attributes on gear (just the dex from Starkonja and a few int to hit the req) it's a solid +80 flat life, like +100 mana, which is nice for either having more flexibility with no regen maps or another couple gem levels on precision, and most importantly, 60%+ increased damage on both double strike and flicker strike. Very affordable, even with a +1 frenzy corrupt, and I'm having trouble finding gloves that beat it without getting into multiple exalt territory. Pretty solid for a 30-50c unique.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info