3.14 KING OF ALL SUMMONERS. Zombies & Skeletons & Spectres on STEROIDS! | League-Start to End-Game

"
ArisFuser wrote:
"
Draxguards wrote:
hey arisfuser what you trying now i see you put impale in your setup now over whithering touch also your using other auras besides purity now??

Well, did some minmaxing calculations, ..Impale maths . Gained 110k per skel. My skels are now 810k so, taking into account i can summon 52 Vaals every 15 secs...not bad.

wait how you have 52?

also what auras are you running? and no blood magic in the helm either
Last edited by Draxguards on Jan 1, 2020, 7:04:48 PM
is there a way to survive sirus laser in last phase? he basicaly one shots me without a time to react or I am just to slow.
I dont feel the need of dps or defense atm but would like to use Vaal Summon Skeleton for the provided aoe (for legon monolith and so on), does anyone use Skeletons out of a 5/6-link ?
I dont feel like removing my aura setup in chest (enlight 4-discipline-dread banner-pride-blasphemy-vulnerability)
I got 2 unset rings so got socket's to spare/move around...
-Nerf
"
bankai1009 wrote:
Hi there!

Very keen to play summoner for the first time and this guide looks great :)

The guide claims to be the best overall build for damage, survivability, mapping speed. I also saw another video summoner guide by YouTuber grimro who is popular for TS builds and game knowledge. He runs a summoner build too that is either full zombie or skeleton, claiming it is the best balance of damage, survivability and speed. It is also CI.

I am wondering if you would provide your thoughts on how your build compares to his build in terms of those three metrics? I don’t mean to push one build over another, but simply to understand more the benefits of running either your setup compared to grimro setup.

And also is it possible to run a CI version of your build?

Thanks so much!!!

He has basically copied the build and tweaked a few things.

The main difference is he has gone CI.

On damage:
His damage would be far less because he is using a Mont-reguls grasp for one. He only has the one 6L too which would limit him to either a 6L zombies or skellies or a 5L of each.

On defence:
His defence = 12,000 ES. We get over 15,000 eHP when using similar gear and 11,500 eHP when using speed gear.

We can also pack on more defence if we wanted to with a bunch of defensive auras very easily.

We use Spirit Offering and Cyclone which is a massive defence in itself.

On speed:
We are faster because we use seven-league step boots + a +36% movespeed belt + phase run. He uses alberon warpaths (30% less speed) and no speed on belt. He uses Flesh Offering to try make up for some lost speed, but he then misses out on the Spirit Offering benefits which buffs us like crazy in terms of damage - extra 30% chaos, and tankiness - massive ES gain.

Don't get me wrong, his version will still work totally fine. As I mention in this guide, we are so extremely strong that you can do so many variations and still be strong.

But I would say we would be stronger in all 3 areas - DPS, Defence, and Speed.

Note: I have noticed a number of YouTubers/streamers now picking up on this build and doing versions of it so you can probably expect prices for our gear to get even higher unfortunately.

My damage is really bad atm, I'm lvl 13 with a tabula rasa with Summon Skeletons + Melee Splash + Infernal Legion + Minion Damage and damn, it's sucking
"
brunowa wrote:
"
bankai1009 wrote:
Hi there!

The guide claims to be the best overall build for damage, survivability, mapping speed. I also saw another video summoner guide by YouTuber grimro who is popular for TS builds and game knowledge. He runs a summoner build too that is either full zombie or skeleton, claiming it is the best balance of damage, survivability and speed. It is also CI.

I am wondering if you would provide your thoughts on how your build compares to his build in terms of those three metrics? I don’t mean to push one build over another, but simply to understand more the benefits of running either your setup compared to grimro setup.

Thanks so much!!!

On damage:
His damage would be far less because he is using a Mont-reguls grasp for one. He only has the one 6L too which would limit him to either a 6L zombies or skellies or a 5L of each.

On defence:
His defence = 12,000 ES. We get over 15,000 eHP when using similar gear and 11,500 eHP when using speed gear.

We can also pack on more defence if we wanted to with a bunch of defensive auras very easily.

On speed:
We are faster because we use seven-league step boots + a +36% movespeed belt + phase run. He uses alberon warpaths (30% less speed) and no speed on belt. He uses Flesh Offering to try make up for some lost speed, but he then misses out on the Spirit Offering benefits which buffs us like crazy in terms of damage - extra 30% chaos, and tankiness - massive ES gain.

Don't get me wrong, his version will still work totally fine. As I mention in this guide, we are so extremely strong that you can do so many variations and still be strong.

Note: I have noticed a number of YouTubers/streamers now picking up on this build and doing versions of it so you can probably expect prices for our gear to get even higher unfortunately.

Since you only listed the stuff his build is worse at I am going to add the positives^^.

Beeing CI is quite nice this league since getting chaos res is kind of hard and there is quite a bit of rippy chaos damage. It's also prbly easier to do Sirus as CI with a ton of ES reg.

I still prefer brunowas. Nothing is more satisfying for me than melting every t16 boss in a few seconds and I doubt you will be able to achieve that without a 2hand weapon. I am not playing the speed variant though.

Also keep in mind that without the 35ex jewel you will "only" have around 9.5k ES not 12 like grimro. While the jewel is also in this build as an endgame gear option it's way more important if you are full ES(still not mandatory).
"
robin_nerf wrote:
I dont feel the need of dps or defense atm but would like to use Vaal Summon Skeleton for the provided aoe (for legon monolith and so on), does anyone use Skeletons out of a 5/6-link ?
I dont feel like removing my aura setup in chest (enlight 4-discipline-dread banner-pride-blasphemy-vulnerability)
I got 2 unset rings so got socket's to spare/move around...

Look at my setup, I normally run Vaal Summon Skeletons instead of Impale in the white socket, I have plenty dmg and elder and shaper melt in seconds, also 5 link zombie is more than enough to clear T15-T16 without problems. I don't run auras in chest tho, I run a 6 link cyclone cwc
"
Rex_Banner wrote:
"
brunowa wrote:
"
bankai1009 wrote:
Hi there!

Thanks so much!!!

On damage:

On defence:

On speed:

Since you only listed the stuff his build is worse at I am going to add the positives^^.

Beeing CI is quite nice this league since getting chaos res is kind of hard and there is quite a bit of rippy chaos damage. It's also prbly easier to do Sirus as CI with a ton of ES reg.

I still prefer brunowas. Nothing is more satisfying for me than melting every t16 boss in a few seconds and I doubt you will be able to achieve that without a 2hand weapon. I am not playing the speed variant though.

Also keep in mind that without the 35ex jewel you will "only" have around 9.5k ES not 12 like grimro. While the jewel is also in this build as an endgame gear option it's way more important if you are full ES(still not mandatory).

Hey Brunowa and Rex, that’s really sharp insight on both the merits and pitfalls of both setups. Thank you so much for the really helpful responses.

Just a suggestion (you might have done this already I can’t remember), might be helpful adding additional variants to the build like the super fast speed mapper version or a CI version?

But once again thanks again for a great guide and I look forward to playing it tonight :)
"
dhominico wrote:
is there a way to survive sirus laser in last phase? he basicaly one shots me without a time to react or I am just to slow.

You gotta get close to him for that laser. The closer you are, the less you have to move sideways to avoid it.

It's actually a series of lasers, one of each element and chaos, and the first laser freezes you. So if you get caught by the first one and survive, you'll probably die anyway because you're frozen.
Last edited by Goofio on Jan 1, 2020, 8:02:46 PM
FYI the new Acid Caverns boss T16 3.9 with the returning fire projectile attack just SMOKED my gem level 20 animate guardian with the full set up in the build guide. So..*sigh* just a warning.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info