[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Graiaule wrote:
Might be time to talk about 3.9.

1. Watcher's Eyes become wayyy more expensive (so delving for fossils becomes a PITA again.)
2. It's not clear tranquility can be obtained (though I really think oils will remain in the game.)
3. Shaper gear becomes wayyy more expensive. Good luck getting an amulet and an ilvl 84 shaper regalia.
4. And the Cyclopean Coil becomes very rare instead of the common BiS!

We will now start corrupting crystal belts.

The changes are actually probably going to benefit SSF play IMO.

#4 - I doubt we will need to corrupt crystal belts - pretty sure coils aren't meta and the ones that drop won't be hard to purchase. For SSF, the RNG nature of spawning elder will make it easier to obtain one of these.

#3 - I doubt this is going to be an issue either - Zana will offer T16 shaper and elder influenced maps (presumably as suggested by the ability to upgrade maps to tier 14-16 in each zone), plus T16 shaper guardian maps.

#2 - I suspect oils will be added to the game as another master mission on the atlas.

#1 - Two mod watcher's eyes probably will not raise as much as three mod watcher's eyes. Based on the info they have given so far I think accessing regular Elder fights will be reduced, but not as reduced as accessing Uber Elder.

These assumptions are based on us going from being able to 'spawn' elder and shaper fights through influence manipulation to relying on RNG from Zana offers. It may also push people to run the influenced maps more often than another map with better quant rolls. It gives a heavier value to running Zana missions than for just the extra free map.

For me, I am going to be trying this build for the first time in SSFHC next league and I think everything here is just as viable. I particularly like that I do not need to manipulate influence to spawn elder/shaper, and instead rely on RNG. It is currently harder to use influence in SSF because you can't trade for maps.
"
SasoriOtoko wrote:
Graiaule,

A few tips for UE that help out.

1. Make a second staff with a Fortify Gem:

You'll have less DPS but the extra defense is worth it.

2. Definitely fill out Yugul. Every little bit of defense helps.

3. Bring at least two Sapphire Flasks with good mods:

If you do all or even some of these, it will help make the fight much easier. Good luck!

The Fortify and 2 Sapphire Flasks were the difference -- at 10.3k ES I dropped to 5% health several times but survived.

WHOOOO! Thanks for your advice. I didn't have the time to do this fight until just now.

Got it down with only 2 deaths the second time. First death was due to a bad dodge, second was ????

Loot was the opal ring, no eye.

The albatross has been removed from my neck. Onward!
Congrats! You'll get better at the fight once you do it a few more times but there's no feeling like taking those two out! :)

I had plans to go for the 40 kill challenge but it took me a long time to save up the maps and with the league ending soon I think I'll just hang onto them. However I killed him the other day for fun and he dropped this little beauty:

Kind of sucks I found it so late in the league, but hey after 12 UE kills I'm just happy to finally have something good drop. :)
Last edited by SasoriOtoko on Nov 27, 2019, 1:21:58 AM
What do you think about this new unique helmet next league? It sounds like a cool helmet for Whispering Ice.

Transfiguration of Soul: increases and reductions to Maximum Energy Shield to also affect Spell Damage at 30% of their value. We don't know what will happen with Tranquility and oils, though.
Last edited by haitike on Nov 27, 2019, 7:57:43 AM
"
haitike wrote:
What do you think about this new unique helmet next league? It sounds like a cool helmet for Whispering Ice.

Transfiguration of Soul: increases and reductions to Maximum Energy Shield to also affect Spell Damage at 30% of their value. We don't know what will happen with Tranquility and oils, though.

Might be OK until you get Golden oils. I'm trying to find a way to make up for the huge loss of ES compared to a hubris and loss of damage from the -9% cold penetration. The loss of INT and resists is also unfortunate. The other anointments available just don't make up for that loss.
Last edited by JSquare on Nov 27, 2019, 11:58:54 AM
"
alvincheng wrote:
To craft the helm, I should use Frigid+Lucent+Dense?

https://fossilizer.gitlab.io/ is your friend.

Frigid+Dense at least, or Frigid+Dense+Sanctified if you want to burn currency faster.

If you don't care about the penetration, you can use Deafening Spite to ensure a high int roll and good luck with the rest.

Have fun! Crafting is a fun way to burn end of league currency IMO.
Quick question, anyone can answer...it literally makes icestorm start at the edge of the screen...like i cant control it at all...what am i doing wrong is it because im moving and trying to cyclone, also i die like every 2 mins, can you check my ps4 pob for Tehehe and give me some advice?
Last edited by Poetical-Lies on Nov 27, 2019, 9:49:50 PM
Astramentis with new quality currency from Metamorph league:

Between all new shiny toys like + attributes quality on all jewelry and spell cascade plus new league looks interesting indeed.
Last edited by Lirhtim on Nov 28, 2019, 4:33:31 AM
"
Quick question, anyone can answer...it literally makes icestorm start at the edge of the screen...like i cant control it at all...what am i doing wrong is it because im moving and trying to cyclone, also i die like every 2 mins, can you check my ps4 pob for Tehehe and give me some advice?

I think the problem is that CwC Icestorm is placed at the cursor while channeling and now that you don't have a cursor on PS4 its always gonna channel at the absolute end of the range.
"
Astramentis with new quality currency from Metamorph league:

Between all new shiny toys like + attributes quality on all jewelry and spell cascade plus new league looks interesting indeed.

Assuming that is a max roll, that's only an increase from 116 int to 129.

Implies that rings go from 71 (absolute max now I believe) to about 79.

That's a total of +29 int for 2 rings and an amulet. Seems a small power creep.

The increased max resist (48% -> 57%) might actually be more useful.

I suspect GGG has more exciting stuff up its sleeve for the Metamorph league than this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info